Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 11th Part: Suck It Up And Die Grandpa I Need A Manicure!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another observation- ever notice that the conservatives always take information to the extreme?

Shelter in place will prevent spread- so somehow that means staying home and isolated forever until there's a vaccine. As opposed to what actually needs to be done- when the virus can no longer sustain itself. And you have a monitoring system in place to make sure it does not continue.

Or sheltering in place means business is totally dead, permanently. As opposed to a short time, and a little support will keep these businesses alive.

Or all of the job losses are permanent, which means that all of the "new" jobs have been created from nowhere- as opposed to the previous one actually being temporary.

Or that the government mandates will be the government taking over permanently- that there's some kind of anti business thing out there- as a SINGLE regulation means that you want state run businesses... Forcing masks means government take over.

Let alone the idea of panic- somehow just posting bad news = panic and hysteria. And the ones who are the ones really getting hysteric are them constantly worrying about change.

Same can be said about many other political things- like even small payments to help healthcare will end up in being communism. Or letting immigrants in is the same as an invasion. Or regulations will kill businesses as they have no way to deal with them. I recall having questions about the ACA that made no sense, unless you took the extreme view of words that it might happen. Which it didn't, and never would have. And we all know about the gun debate- any legal restrictions = a total reversal of the 2nd (and the God given right to have items to kill other people).

Not sure why thinking is not part of their plan, as none of the extremes make any sense.

A harsh, but quick, shut down means we can fully start up much faster, leading to a much less loss of the economy. But since even good ideas are NIH, so that means they don't work.....

Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Seriously...please stop quoting him. Those of us with him on ignore are blissfully unaware of his crap and you quoting him negates that.
      Is it really that hard to scroll past a post?

I used to scroll past pages of embedded tweets and it's not like it ruined my experience here.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Guessing Alabama isn’t only state where this is happening. Wish we could procedure these people

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNN/statu...59710439342080

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I used to scroll past pages of embedded tweets and it's not like it ruined my experience here.
          Not the point. Trolls feed on attention. The only way to get rid of them is to ignore them. You get rid of ants by cleaning up so they have no loose food to feed on.

This is the mask problem in microcosm. We each clean up our little corner and then hope others do the same.

Now obviously nobody is going to deny you the freedumb to engage with trolls. But it either erodes the experience for everyone or it starts down a path of infinite regress as ignoring a habitual quoter of trolls does indeed remove the detritus of the original troll.
          Last edited by Kepler; 07-02-2020, 08:30 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Not the point. Trolls feed on attention. The only way to get rid of them is to ignore them. You get rid of ants by cleaning up so they have no loose food to feed on.

This is the mask problem in microcosm. We each clean up our little corner and then hope others do the same.

Now obviously nobody is going to deny you the freedumb to engage with trolls. But it either erodes the experience for everyone or it starts down a path of infinite regress since, ignoring a habitual quoter of trolls does indeed remove the detritus of the original troll.
            Sure, I don't respond to any number of trolling posts here. But doesn't the fact that someone responded to a post suggest they didn't find the post to be trolling, that they found something to respond to? Or do you and Handy just get to decide who is the troll and who is not, and the rest of us need to abide by that decision?
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Now obviously nobody is going to deny you the freedumb to engage with trolls.
              Sayeth the guy who still thinks Bob and Joe were being sincere all the way to the end of their times on this board.

Comment

Couple things. Handyman wants to be like Kepler, he is like the child version. Kepler said it, Handy repeats.

Handyman just wants to posts case counts.

I’ve been told there are a lot of wise people that post here. But I see few that acknowledge the massive problem that is the PCR testing.

PCR testing that was rushed out and doesn’t even have a “Gold Standard” for Covid and what it is testing against.

and that doesn’t even get into the fact that PCR tests were never intended as a diagnosis tool but for research.

As for masks what percentage of people are wearing a mask that is doing absolutely nil? Probably 75% plus from what I have seen out there, bandana, cloth, ect. Don’t offer any protection against a virus.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kassandra...354240/photo/1

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Guessing Alabama isn’t only state where this is happening. Wish we could procedure these people

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNN/statu...59710439342080
                  Those happened months ago- and lead to some very, very sick people, and IIRC, a death or two. Might as well bring out the pistol and play russian roulette.

Comment

• Covid doesn’t take off the 4th of July. No outdoors for you.

but thankfully it takes off massive protests and gatherings where people are packed together for long periods, shouting and screaming. Whew so thankful it is a smart little virus.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GavinNews...08329094561792
                    Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-02-2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Seriously...please stop quoting him. Those of us with him on ignore are blissfully unaware of his crap and you quoting him negates that.
                      Seriously...scroll past it.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

No...is it really that hard to not be a dick? (not you) There is an ignore feature for a reason.

It isnt like we arent saying you have to never respond to the person, just dont quote them. Who knew such a request was so unreasonable.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Seriously...scroll past it.
                          The amount of offense you take any time someone brings this up is pretty hilarious. You are like the Trump Loving Anti-Masker of the ignore feature ;-)

(since there is no emoticons I will put here that this post is made with tongue firmly in cheek)
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Those happened months ago- and lead to some very, very sick people, and IIRC, a death or two. Might as well bring out the pistol and play russian roulette.
                            There is a rumor that college football teams are **wink** **wink** doing the same thing so that none of their players are forced to sit out during the season.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

There is a rumor that college football teams are **wink** **wink** doing the same thing so that none of their players are forced to sit out during the season.
                              Could be some sad folks when they find out how long the antibodies last.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

No...is it really that hard to not be a dick? (not you) There is an ignore feature for a reason.

It isnt like we arent saying you have to never respond to the person, just dont quote them. Who knew such a request was so unreasonable.
                                Yeah, I understand the ignore feature and I'm not harping on you for using it. But I also know from past experience that if you respond to a post, but don't quote it, you can get responses back like "I hope you're not referring to me" or "who said that."

I just don't think that quoting a post is an offense for which people need to be criticized.

Comment

Working...
                                X