Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 11th Part: Suck It Up And Die Grandpa I Need A Manicure!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just don't get it. What's with the current obsession about when deaths occurred. Either they did, or they didn't. How many deaths do we need before you decide this is a serious problem? Just name a number.

By saying they actually occurred a few weeks ago and not now, puts to lie your claim that death numbers were coming down. And if your obsession is about getting "accurate statistics" and data, perhaps you should be questioning just why every part of this administration is so inept at what they do.

Instead of scoring points on here to own the libs.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Here's what's hard- given the response of the state, Florida is filled with people like jeb. How do you convince them that this is real? Given the lack of understanding of the actual data as it comes out, I can't see them interpreting the raw data very well. The "nurse story" that les posted isn't new- we saw that in Michigan and New York, too- yet smart people were able to mitigate the problem well enough that we are able to deal with it.

I think it may take corporations to change the tide. With the parks open, that just sends the message that all is well- just like areas around the country and the world that have dealt with it. But cases and deaths are climbing, and people just want to poke holes in the data- finding reasons to not care.

Seems like all we can do is wait until everyone has a direct impact of a sick or dead person. Then the majority may swing. It's sad that excuses and holes have to be found so that people will end up dying in a very preventable manner. Very preventable.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        I just don't get it. What's with the current obsession about when deaths occurred. Either they did, or they didn't. How many deaths do we need before you decide this is a serious problem? Just name a number.

By saying they actually occurred a few weeks ago and not now, puts to lie your claim that death numbers were coming down. And if your obsession is about getting "accurate statistics" and data, perhaps you should be questioning just why every part of this administration is so inept at what they do.

Instead of scoring points on here to own the libs.
        I find it sad that you have zero interest in what is going on to be reported accurately.

The vast majority of people believe that when The ABC Anchor with the cool voice comes on each night and claims xxx amount of “new deaths”, that those are from the current day. They don’t know that many are backlogged or reclassified probable Covid and going back as far as April.

not to mention there are a few hot spots in the country while the vast, vast majority of places are doing just fine.

It leads to fear and panic which is not healthy. And with our entertainment news cycle 24/7 people are freaking out more because of the messaging than the actual threat in their area.

Interesting that you bring up obsession. And ask me what is an acceptable death number. Are you concerned about the 7,000 - 8,000 deaths that happen each day across this country, every single day on repeat?

or are you just a Covid guy?

This has been a virus of the elderly, plain and simple. Have you done enough research to have a good understanding of how many more deaths we have experienced now versus previous years? That is the real data people should be looking at. Then you start to get proper context.

You don’t really believe that the Country has 135k excess deaths from Covid do you?

The Covid deaths all lumped together, probable, positive test, died with or died from have zero context the way they are reported right now.
        Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-12-2020, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Here's what's hard- given the response of the state, Florida is filled with people like jeb. How do you convince them that this is real? Given the lack of understanding of the actual data as it comes out, I can't see them interpreting the raw data very well.
          Lol I work in Big Data.

Listening to a few around here fumble around with data and context is telling.
          Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-12-2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Right from the CDC.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm

Comment

• I find it sad that you have zero interest in what is going on to be reported accurately.
              Then take it up with your inept and incompetent administration.

Don't come on here using it as your latest argument to 'own the libs'.

As I asked you before, because a death that happened a week ago not get counted until now mean that death didn't happen? If four hundred deaths that happened last week but not get added til this week kind of put the lie to your claim that deaths were dropping last week?

Comment

Then take it up with your inept and incompetent administration.

Don't come on here using it as your latest argument to 'own the libs'.

As I asked you before, because a death that happened a week ago not get counted until now mean that death didn't happen? If four hundred deaths that happened last week but not get added til this week kind of put the lie to your claim that deaths were dropping last week?

They aren’t just adding deaths from one or two weeks ago. That is perfectly normal very similar to the insurance industry. They are back logging deaths as far as 2-3 months ago. And then presenting it as all happening in one day.

I’m not sure how many times I have to point that out.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm

and yes deaths are going down. Are there hot spots, yes a few. But the majority of the country is in good shape.

Between a very dishonest representation of the data and reporting the hot spots as if they represent the entire country is creating fear and panic.

Comment

• Cases are increasing in something like 36 states.

But yeah, we're in good shape.

When should they add the newly discovered/classified deaths? Sprinkle them out over a week or so? Are you claiming it's not possible that deaths that happened a few months ago that cause of death was maybe attributed to something else, or not determined at all, might have been because of the Covfefe-19? And might now be labelled as such with more of your precious 'data' accumulated? All those increased pneumonia deaths in Florida are really pneumonia, or could they be something else?

The hotspots are the entire country. Sooner or later. Because just a few weeks ago, those places weren't hotspots either. Back in February, New York wasn't a hot spot either. We didn't have 'hot spots'. Now we do. Because nothing's being done to stop the spread. 36 states with cases on the rise. As cases increase, so will deaths, just a few weeks or so behind.

Last edited by rufus; 07-12-2020, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Zero sympathy for these people. But death isn’t enough to convince those around them

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriff...83567574220800

Comment

Cases are increasing in something like 36 states.

But yeah, we're in good shape.

When should they add the newly discovered/classified deaths? Sprinkle them out over a week or so? Are you claiming it's not possible that deaths that happened a few months ago that cause of death was maybe attributed to something else, or not determined at all, might have been because of the Covfefe-19? And might now be labelled as such with more of your precious 'data' accumulated? All those increased pneumonia deaths in Florida are really pneumonia, or could they be something else?

The hotspots are the entire country. Sooner or later. Because just a few weeks ago, those places weren't hotspots either. Back in February, New York wasn't a hot spot either. We didn't have 'hot spots'. Now we do. Because nothing's being done to stop the spread. 36 states with cases on the rise. As cases increase, so will deaths, just a few weeks or so behind.

You are coming across as really dense.

if you are going to do a data dump that encompasses months of data, share that.

Don’t present it as all those deaths having happened on July 12. Which is what is being done in the media.

Take your mask off you need some fresh air.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Zero sympathy for these people. But death isn’t enough to convince those around them

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriff...83567574220800
                        Kill yourself to own the libs.

Yea.

go for it, go to parties, and try to spread it among yourselves like a herd of sheep. Or maybe a herd of lemmings would be more appropriate.

This isn't going to stop- it's happened before, it will happen again, for sure.

Comment

• Someone doesn't like the message, so it's blame the media time.

Maybe someone should start blaming the people who have done nothing to confront this pandemic. You want months of dats, explained as months of dats? Here ya go:

137,000 dead Americans. Americans who didn't need to die. Who wouldn't have died, except for this virus. That no one at the federal level is doing anything about, except letting it continue to spread, and infect and kill more Americans. I asked before: How many deaths before you begin to give a ****?
                          Last edited by rufus; 07-12-2020, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• 15,300 new cases in FL today. Daily record for any state.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              15,300 new cases in FL today. Daily record for any state.
                              Remember when Desantis proudly announced he didn’t want New Yorkers coming down and infecting his state? Lolol

Comment

Someone doesn't like the message, so it's blame the media time.

Maybe someone should start blaming the people who have done nothing to confront this pandemic. You want months of dats, explained as months of dats? Here ya go:

137,000 dead Americans. Americans who didn't need to die. Who wouldn't have died, except for this virus. That no one at the federal level is doing anything about, except letting it continue to spread, and infect and kill more Americans. I asked before: How many deaths before you begin to give a ****?
                                137,000 have died. Can you share how many died from Covid, how many died with Covid, how many weren’t confirmed cases but “probable cases?”

Let me know.

What about the elderly that have passed this time period that didn’t pass because of Covid? But maybe the flu, cold, any of the many other complications that can happen to the elderly, do they not matter to you?

Comment

Working...
                                X