Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 11th Part: Suck It Up And Die Grandpa I Need A Manicure!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, you’re not upset about poor testing capability? You aren’t worried in the least about the numbers? It doesn’t bother you in the slightest that our President is holding education hostage by forcing schools to open that are not ready for it? Instead of your ridiculous responses and links to tweets, I’m asking you to please be sincere in what you feel is going on here, if you have any worries and what you think this country needs to do to get out of this mess. I really need to hear you say that you do believe this is not a hoax, that there is a virus that is out of control in this country. Can you do that? Or something close to that? I’m literally sitting on my couch close to tears because the fear is starting to take over. And yes, that’s something I need to work on but it would really help to get a simple, clear, concise response that isn’t a bunch of tweets or attacks on people here who really do think we’re in trouble.

Comment

• Masks

https://mobile.***********/AlexBeren...66807956992002

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
        I'm not the one getting his jollies playing partisan political troll on the internet.

What a sad, pathetic life you must have.
        I believe the only political statement I’ve made is that I didn’t vote for Trump...

Comment

• Bah! MA parents love their kids half as much!

https://mobile.***********/AlexBeren...06161559134209

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            So, you’re not upset about poor testing capability? You aren’t worried in the least about the numbers? It doesn’t bother you in the slightest that our President is holding education hostage by forcing schools to open that are not ready for it? Instead of your ridiculous responses and links to tweets, I’m asking you to please be sincere in what you feel is going on here, if you have any worries and what you think this country needs to do to get out of this mess. I really need to hear you say that you do believe this is not a hoax, that there is a virus that is out of control in this country. Can you do that? Or something close to that? I’m literally sitting on my couch close to tears because the fear is starting to take over. And yes, that’s something I need to work on but it would really help to get a simple, clear, concise response that isn’t a bunch of tweets or attacks on people here who really do think we’re in trouble.
            If you want a sick, and likely, possibility- they, too, see who is most effected. That dark skinned people are significantly more likely to get infected and die. And that makes people like jeb get his rocks off. They want to spread it more to them. Given how little of the disparity is actually being addressed- it would not shock me at all that they see the kind of people suffering and dying that don't matter to them.

BTW, breaking on ESPN- tOSU is pausing workouts after a positive test.

Comment

• Jeb clearly didn't read (or didn't understand) that study referenced in the tweet he shared. He also doesn't seem to grasp the purpose of the guidance for all people to wear masks in public, the emphasis being on limiting spread rather than contraction of the virus.
              And of course there is the issue (among others) about what exactly this study means by "cloth masks" as we know not all cloth masks are equal in either limiting spread or contraction.

It's not surprising from him He's established a precedence of seeing tweets that reinforce his bias, and then take the implications from the tweet's author as fact without bothering to examine the source of the information the tweet is referncing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                So, you’re not upset about poor testing capability? You aren’t worried in the least about the numbers? It doesn’t bother you in the slightest that our President is holding education hostage by forcing schools to open that are not ready for it? Instead of your ridiculous responses and links to tweets, I’m asking you to please be sincere in what you feel is going on here, if you have any worries and what you think this country needs to do to get out of this mess. I really need to hear you say that you do believe this is not a hoax, that there is a virus that is out of control in this country. Can you do that? Or something close to that? I’m literally sitting on my couch close to tears because the fear is starting to take over. And yes, that’s something I need to work on but it would really help to get a simple, clear, concise response that isn’t a bunch of tweets or attacks on people here who really do think we’re in trouble.
                You expect too much from the Russian troll.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                  Jeb clearly didn't read (or didn't understand) that study referenced in the tweet he shared. He also doesn't seem to grasp the purpose of the guidance for all people to wear masks in public, the emphasis being on limiting spread rather than contraction of the virus.
                  And of course there is the issue (among others) about what exactly this study means by "cloth masks" as we know not all cloth masks are equal in either limiting spread or contraction.

It's not surprising from him He's established a precedence of seeing tweets that reinforce his bias, and then take the implications from the tweet's author as fact without bothering to examine the source of the information the tweet is referncing.
                  So are you saying the paper is false? And the source of the paper has credibility issues?

as far as not understanding the guidance to limit the spread... if this is even close to accurate Then it would clearly defeat the purpose.

1/ This is quite the paper on masks, published in
                  @BMJ_Open
                  in 2015: a randomized trial (the gold stan
                  dard, yadda yadda) of 1600 health-care workers showed those wearing masks were 6 times (!) as likely to have flu-like illnesses as those in the control group after 4 weeks...

In regards to cloth masks, what types of masks are you seeing the most? I am seeing the very thin surgical masks that don’t even fit the face properly, bandana type masks, ect. Sorry these don’t provide any protection.

And there is plenty of literature on healthy people wearing a mask for prolonged periods of time is actually, not healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

You expect too much from the Russian troll.
                    Lol. Honest question, when is the last time you have been able to put a thought or idea together on your own?

Comment

• 61k new cases and getting back up towards a thousand daily deaths. So glad people in this country hate math or they might be scared...

We will easily pass 135k deaths tomorrow. Unless we start taking masks seriously they are saying 200k is a lock by November. And now more evidence is showing that immunity is short term making Herd Immunity all but impossible. But hey...open the schools.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Oh whalers, you so funny. You #1 GI. Me love you long time.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          61k new cases and getting back up towards a thousand daily deaths. So glad people in this country hate math or they might be scared...

We will easily pass 135k deaths tomorrow. Unless we start taking masks seriously they are saying 200k is a lock by November. And now more evidence is showing that immunity is short term making Herd Immunity all but impossible. But hey...open the schools.
                          I've read stuff this week that some epidemiologists don't know if herd immunity is even possible until there is a vaccine or maybe not at all as it never happened with things like smallpox or MERS or SARS.
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

I've read stuff this week that some epidemiologists don't know if herd immunity is even possible until there is a vaccine or maybe not at all as it never happened with things like smallpox or MERS or SARS.
                            Did those epidemiologists share how a vaccine would work if natural immunity doesn’t?

For example say a 30 year old caught Covid in April, had no symptoms, felt fine, ect. They recover and then they have no immunity or say immunity that only last 2-4 weeks but then it is gone.

If that exact same 30 year old receives the vaccine, how would the vaccine essentially train the immune system into longer immunity? How would it trigger a different immune response?

“A vaccine works by training the immune system to recognize and combat pathogens, either viruses or bacteria. To do this, certain molecules from the pathogen must be introduced into the body

to trigger an immune response. These molecules are called antigens, and they are present on all viruses and bacteria.“

Hopefully this question doesn’t get be labeled a racist, anti vaccer, Russian, Twitter bot. Lol
                            Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-08-2020, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Yeah it seems like if there is any form of Herd Immunity it is short term at best. Antibodies dont seem to stay in the system very long...
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

Did those epidemiologists share how a vaccine would work if natural immunity doesn’t?
                                Uh, the same way all other vaccines for contagious diseases work even though natural herd immunity didn't? Measles, smallpox, etc.?

Comment

Working...
                                X