Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 11th Part: Suck It Up And Die Grandpa I Need A Manicure!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Just pay them all directly. Would be a lot safer.
    Exactly. Pay everyone to stay home and binge watch whatever.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Even IF treatments have gotten better, and more people are surviving, at some point, if left unchecked, that's going to end up being moot to the people who can't find space in very full hospitals.
      False. Hospital capacity is hardly an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

There is still a “stay at home” crowd?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

The way I understand it is the vacation tax credit would be for a year or so once things get back to normal. Completely agree at this point we should be trying to keep folks home as much as possible.

Edit: And to wear a mask when they must leave home.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• It's a bribe for a vote so don't specify. The briber does not typically say "but you can only spend this for x." The vote is the value exchanged.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              (not sure this was mentioned before)

Apparently it is getting so bad in Texas that the Texas Children's Hospital is admitting adult COVID patients because even their biggest medical facilities are almost to max capacity.

https://twitter.com/abc13houston/sta...97542889144322
              Weird, I saw someone on FB spreading rumors that Dallas hospitals are so empty that they were laying nurses off....
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Here in MA prior to the predicted surge in April, they set up these satellite (for lack of a better term) hospitals in a few places like the Boston Convention and Expo Center for patients that needed hospitalization but were not deemed critical. This was done to keep ICU beds open for those that needed them. They were able to close them all down but not before naysayers whined that the numbers were not that bad and OMG look at what they had to do, waste of money, this is all a hoax blah blah blah fishcakes.

Some of these areas where they're seeing these tremendous spikes should do the same, if they haven't already.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

#AbbottBetrayedTexas is now trending here. He's trying to pass off the blame to others by saying guidelines aren't being followed. Wonder where he learned that.
                  It was trending worldwide last night when I posted it. Cant imagine why people are upset ;-)
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Here in MA prior to the predicted surge in April, they set up these satellite (for lack of a better term) hospitals in a few places like the Boston Convention and Expo Center for patients that needed hospitalization but were not deemed critical. This was done to keep ICU beds open for those that needed them. They were able to close them all down but not before naysayers whined that the numbers were not that bad and OMG look at what they had to do, waste of money, this is all a hoax blah blah blah fishcakes.

Some of these areas where they're seeing these tremendous spikes should do the same, if they haven't already.
                    Fishcakes is now going to be my go-to word for Boston whining. It's perfect.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Fishcakes is now going to be my go-to word for Boston whining. It's perfect.
                      Happy to help, Kep. But I think it needs to be used with the preceeding blah blah blah to make it most effective.

Comment

Even IF treatments have gotten better, and more people are surviving, at some point, if left unchecked, that's going to end up being moot to the people who can't find space in very full hospitals.
                        Exactly. Which is why the way many of these states are acting is just plain stupid.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Happy to help, Kep. But I think it needs to be used with the preceeding blah blah blah to make it most effective.
                          Absolutely! It signifies that the whining proceeds into infinity.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Looks like the EU is making thr smart move and banning Americans when they open travel July 1. Sounds like they’re gonna reasses every two weeks but I see no timetable to want Americans in.

lots of Rich kids will really be missing their euro trips this summer

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Looks like the EU is making thr smart move and banning Americans when they open travel July 1. Sounds like they’re gonna reasses every two weeks but I see no timetable to want Americans in.

In theory, we have a trip planned for Sept. I'm pretty confident that at least half of it will be canceled- the cruise part. But the land part seems quite suspect based on the current trends in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Looks like the EU is making thr smart move and banning Americans when they open travel July 1. Sounds like they’re gonna reasses every two weeks but I see no timetable to want Americans in.

At least the EU is smart. Treat America like the third world ****hole it's become.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X