This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 8: I Am Out Of Here...

It’s pretty disturbing how many videos there are of cops doing heinous things in the last 24 hours. Most notably the attacks on journalists and people on their own property. No doubt in my mind they are the ones escalating things to try to get people on their side. I hope people come out in much stronger numbers today in Minneapolis after what happened last night.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Newsflash: none of what we are seeing is the right answer
      That's clearly not true. The protests are the right answer. When they spill over into innocent people getting hurt or losing their livelihoods because a business was looted, that's where the "answer" starts to go off the rails. You don't help things like your post about Kepler liking to see a man brutalized when there are facts none of us know from 10 seconds of video and when none of the posts in the thread have actually said any of us LIKE to see innocent people hurt. The closest any of us have come is that some see this kind of violence as inevitable because of how corrupt our system is, like we were waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        I give up. Some of you are just ****ing impossible. But it's a good reminder on why we can't accomplish a god **** thing in this country.
        That is what you are arguing for, JD!
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
          That's clearly not true. The protests are the right answer. When they spill over into innocent people getting hurt or losing their livelihoods because a business was looted, that's where the "answer" starts to go off the rails. You don't help things like your post about Kepler liking to see a man brutalized when there are facts none of us know from 10 seconds of video and when none of the posts in the thread have actually said any of us LIKE to see innocent people hurt. The closest any of us have come is that some see this kind of violence as inevitable because of how corrupt our system is, like we were waiting for the other shoe to drop.
          At least you came back with a rational answer. You took what I meant too literally. Yes, protests are part of the answer. Not the looting and violence.

Comment

Comment

WeAreND, you might want to go back and read what Kepler said about burning certain towns/cities to the ground. But none of you call him out for the outrageous things he says.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                WeAreND, you might want to go back and read what Kepler said about burning certain towns/cities to the ground. But none of you call him out for the outrageous things he says.
                Maybe you took him too literally. And he get's called out constantly. Look at some of the exchanges between Kep and Handy, or Kep and Rover. I think what might have set off a few people in this particular thread is some of your posts came off as thinking there are simplistic answers to all of this when that's not necessarily true. I shouldn't go around speaking for anyone else though since I have my hands full speaking for myself. Just my opinion.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    It's possible the police fear this time it will be different. They may be coming to grips with a reckoning that we haven't seen previously, so they are even more scared. Frankly, they should be. One of the reasons we have seen them use the restraint that would have served them so well had they exercised it with regularity is they know -- to coin a phrase that might sound corny -- "The whole world is watching." No one was there in 1967 to film the Detroit police when they were brutalizing protesters and summarily executing some. If that happens now it will be seen almost immediately in every corner of the world. I also believe if that happened in the last couple of days or happens in the next couple, it will light a match to a fuse that might actually cause some cities to burn to the ground.

Comment

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

We are witnessing America as a failed social experiment

White supremacy is going to be around for a long, long, long time, don't be surprised when this happens again. Try again, fail again, fail better. That's the blues line of our Irish brothers. But the question is we must fight. Even in the moment where we have a failed social experiment, we must fight

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                          Maybe you took him too literally. And he get's called out constantly. Look at some of the exchanges between Kep and Handy, or Kep and Rover. I think what might have set off a few people in this particular thread is some of your posts came off as thinking there are simplistic answers to all of this when that's not necessarily true. I shouldn't go around speaking for anyone else though since I have my hands full speaking for myself. Just my opinion.
                          If I had a simplistic answer I would have provided one. That is not the case. I do agree with Rover and better yet, look up what Killer Mike said. I think we need more people like him leading the way. And frankly, more famous people in general. Celebrities chime in with their thoughts but get out there and help the cause.

What I have no patience for is someone like rufus implying I am on board with white supremacy just because I am offering a different opinion. Donald Trump is a danger to society, a moron and unfit for office. Yet me saying that will be ignored. Much like me saying the cops should be convicted and that I am behind the overall goal of BLM.
                          Last edited by J.D.; 05-31-2020, 11:25 AM.

Comment

The Legal Rights Center and ACLU of Minnesota Demand Immediate Amendment of the Charges in the Derek Chauvin Criminal Complaint and Appointment of a Special Prosecutor.

It is inconceivable that experienced, professional Hennepin County prosecutors did not recognize the potential flaws in the Third Degree Murder charge. Charging Third Degree Murder instead of charging Second Degree murder or seeking an indictment for First Degree murder only serves to further undermine community trust in the Hennepin County Attorney's Office.

Comment

• So for people who are justifying rioting as understandable or the only recourse these individuals have, aren't you saying in effect that people like Ghandi and MLK Jr were full of sh !t with their words about non violent protest? No offense but I'm not sure white privileged posters in this message board are superior to those men in their knowledge of civil disobedience and the rights of the oppressed. Food for thought as violence always begets violence and turns off the very people who might be sympathetic to the cause.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Brandon and Dylan, too cool to chant along with the rest.
                                Might mess up their hair
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X