What's your favorite comic strip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite comic strip?

Since my local paper started carrying this strip, I am just in love with it. The art just fits it well, and its usually very funny. This was today's strip. I just love how Larry talks.

https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/09/16
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Bloom County is my all time fave. Calvin and Hobbes is a close second.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

SMBC.

Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Since my local paper started carrying this strip, I am just in love with it. The art just fits it well, and its usually very funny. This was today's strip. I just love how Larry talks.

https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/09/16
        That strips been around for awhile, I think. Back when I still got the paper version of the Minneapolis paper I remember when they started carrying it. I think it was at its best when it was mocking other strips.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

The Far Side.
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

I've got a soft spot for GARFIELD.... FAR SIDE is also an honorable mention.
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Calvin and Hobbes, Far Side, and I have a soft spot for Foxtrot and Zits.

Online, Assigned Male Comics, Bloom County, and Life of Bria
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Man, Larry is awesome.

https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/08/10

Pearls Before Swine by Stephan Pastis for August 12, 2021 - GoComics

Comment

Dilbert.
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Bloom County is my all time fave. Calvin and Hobbes is a close second.
                    Seconded. For our high school yearbook (class of ‘90), they asked us to list the most significant event of the 80s and I put, “The end of Bloom County.”

(for biggest challenge facing the country, I put “Getting corporations to care about the environment,” and I (thought I) was a Conservative back then).
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Calvin & Hobbes

….being miserable builds character
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        I've got a soft spot for GARFIELD...
                        https://www.reddit.com/r/imsorryjon/
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Another for Calvin & Hobbes here. Bloom County is up there though.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                            Dilbert.
                            I know asshats can still be great artists, but **** Scott Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              I've got a soft spot for GARFIELD.... FAR SIDE is also an honorable mention.
                              Oh, you mean Bill the Cat's dad.

Comment

Working...
                              X