This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 7: What Could Go Wrong?

So now Trump slams the Mayor and threatens to send in the National Guard, which of course the Mayor already requested a day ago.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      I wonder if Jacob Frey will have a short tenure after this
      No way he survives this...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        No way he survives this...
        Freeman should go first

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Not deliberately, I didn't see it.

First of all, the instant this stuff started I'd have told my daughter to leave. This is not a place anybody needs to be right now. What would you tell somebody if a forest fire was bearing down on their house? Stay on principle?

And if she couldn't leave I'd be on a flight to go physically remove her; she can complain to me about her agency later.

But none of that has anything to do with the situation, it has to do with the personal, and that's not truth or goodness, it's way more important. You keep confusing what you want with what is right and seem to need to claim what you want is what is right. Well, it isn't -- what you want is what you want and that's enough. So if you want to go shoot rioters to protect your family then you go do that. Be comfortable with what you want; just don't confuse that with ethics or good.
          I've heard a number of people now on Unicorn saying "I don't justify the actions of the rioters" (and similar) "BUT...."

There is no "but." You are destroying things that have nothing to do with the case at hand. Indie businesses, low-income housing, etc. Yes, those count the same as the Targets and police stations, etc as far as destruction.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            The one that said that people "allowed" them to do that? No. You have a choice. You could have protested peacefully. Instead, they burned down where they live. THEIR choice.
            That wasn't her point at all. Her point was fascinating -- what are we getting from this? What do the cops get from abandoning the precinct house? What does the city get from letting the buildings burn? What do we get from sitting on our hands while these people are abused year after year?

Once we can answer that we have a start in understanding what a society gets out of having Haves and Have Nots, and out of racism, and out of grotesque, perpetual wealth inequality, and systemic inequality under the law.

She was what, 16, and she'd already internalized all that. FFS, she's already got a better understanding of politics than anyone who has ever appeared on network television.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              So now Trump slams the Mayor and threatens to send in the National Guard, which of course the Mayor already requested a day ago.
              Called protesters thugs as well...
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Freeman should go first
                Oh I am sure he will "spend time with his family" soon enough. That guy is the worst...
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Called protesters thugs as well...
                  Weird he didn’t call the ammosexuals screaming in police face in Michigan last week thugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Weird he didn’t call the ammosexuals screaming in police face in Michigan last week thugs.
                    I can't quite put my finger on the difference that colors his opinion.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That wasn't her point at all. Her point was fascinating -- what are we getting from this? What do the cops get from abandoning the precinct house? What does the city get from letting the buildings burn? What do we get from sitting on our hands while these people are abused year after year?

Once we can answer that we have a start in understanding what a society gets out of having Haves and Have Nots, and out of racism, and out of grotesque, perpetual wealth inequality, and systemic inequality under the law.

She was what, 16, and she'd already internalized all that. FFS, she's already got a better understanding of politics than anyone who has ever appeared on network television.
                      They retreated to set up a new perimeter. They lost the 3rd Precinct. That was DONE. So, re-organize. Some dude......oh yeah, it was Sun Tzu, had the same thought process. Also, the Russians in WWII. They weren't running out of fear. It was a strategy.

And, some rioter flat out announced their next location. Yeah, that's smart.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

"We're sick of being targets."

I do not think any white American can understand what that must be like.
                        Cornell University

Comment

We're very new to this thinking, but the smart ones are understanding it.

Comment

This guy doesn't care for Fort Snelling.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

But Clyde and his AR-15 think he's been treated worse...
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Jews get it...
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X