X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cops 7: What Could Go Wrong?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    "Arby's burning in the distance."

Somewhere: Jon Stewart, like the indian, with one tear.
    Arby's: Now it's not just your colon that's on fire™

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      To add, if we start arguing about the Boston Tea Party we've really lost the plot. People who defend what the cop did should be called out and people in charge need to be pressured but certainly not like we're seeing in Minneapolis right now.
      They should be grateful for the 13th amendment and stop whining.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        They should be grateful for the 13th amendment and stop whining.
        Good god. People like you are part of the problem not solution.

Comment

Jacob Frey looks like a cut-rate Justin Trudeau.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            That wasn't her point at all. Her point was fascinating -- what are we getting from this? What do the cops get from abandoning the precinct house? What does the city get from letting the buildings burn? What do we get from sitting on our hands while these people are abused year after year?

Once we can answer that we have a start in understanding what a society gets out of having Haves and Have Nots, and out of racism, and out of grotesque, perpetual wealth inequality, and systemic inequality under the law.

She was what, 16, and she'd already internalized all that. FFS, she's already got a better understanding of politics than anyone who has ever appeared on network television.
            Exactly.

To respond to another query: What does burning down stores get you? Well, immediate release of decades of pent up anger, frustration, resentment, rage etc., which is what voting for people who don’t give a **** about you doesn’t offer.

This country has needed a reckoning for well over a century and this may be a point where it begins to happen. Discomfort and fear and being shaken awake from the comforts of home and life are necessary because by and large we haven’t had our denouement and it’s time for action instead of words.

We should have listened to Malcolm and protected him. We should have listened to Martin and protected him. Instead we generally stood around and sinned by silence. Went to work and hoped things returned to “normal” soon afterward.

Does it suck if your place of employment burned down? Yes. But try being invisible for 40-50 years of your life. See how that affects you.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Just trying to make sure I understand what's ok and what isn't. Are you guys ok with morons rioting and burning Minneapolis to the ground? And before I can be asked, no I am not ok with what the cops did either.
              What did you think was going to happen? This was inevitable as soon as that video was published. Anyone who thinks otherwise lives in a closet.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                Exactly.

To respond to another query: What does burning down stores get you? Well, immediate release of decades of pent up anger, frustration, resentment, rage etc., which is what voting for people who don’t give a **** about you doesn’t offer.

This country has needed a reckoning for well over a century and this may be a point where it begins to happen. Discomfort and fear and being shaken awake from the comforts of home and life are necessary because by and large we haven’t had our denouement and it’s time for action instead of words.
                I didnt sign up for 2 reckonings in the same year. This one and the alt-right/2nd amendment people.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

It doesn't matter what I *think* was going to happen. I think anyone who sets things on fire and destroys property like we are seeing in Minneapolis is a moron. White, black, man, woman...doesn't matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    It doesn't matter what I *think* was going to happen. I think anyone who sets things on fire and destroys property like we are seeing in Minneapolis is a moron. White, black, man, woman...doesn't matter.
                    How do you feel about dumping someone elses property in to the bay?
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      I didnt sign up for 2 reckonings in the same year. This one and the alt-right/2nd amendment people.
                      You have the double whammy here of rioters not social distancing etc. I am sure everyone is concerned with the potential Covid uptick in Minneapolis now...

Comment

Hahaha I knew the Boston Tea Party stuff would continue. Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Diet Coke: So bad even looters don’t want it.
                          You were on fire last night. I'm sorry I turned in.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You have the double whammy here of rioters not social distancing etc. I am sure everyone is concerned with the potential Covid uptick in Minneapolis now...
                            I wonder if that would impact the ability of Mpls/St. Paul to get named as one of the hub cities for the NHL playoffs? I have to believe we're one of the leading contenders.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

After 400 years of slavery, segregation, lynchings, Jim Crow, the penitentiary industrial complex, and the Nazi ascension in the GOP, these people should send a peaceful memo.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Cause complaining about an obvious aftermath instead of the instigating act is akin to ****ing in the wind. That's why.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X