X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    What we really need is public insurance funds for striking workers. F-ck the owners. If they skim too much we support human beings, not them.
    That would be nice but America doesn't believe in things like that. Kind of like we don't have universal health care.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    What we really need is public insurance funds for striking workers. F-ck the owners. If they skim too much we support human beings, not them.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Here's the thing, if it were the maintenance guys at work striking and my job is to go in and complete a capital project, I'm crossing that line every time if I'm told to. And I don't think it's reasonable to tell other people to put their jobs on the line to support a union as non-union workers.

I don't necessarily think Maher and Barrymore getting their other employees back to work that aren't WGA union members is such a bad thing. It's a complicated issue. And I think this is what handy is also saying.
    I understand that it can be complicated. But one thing we really need to do is unionize the entire workforce again. Otherwise management can play that sort of human shield game.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    6ixtynin9 from Thailand on Netflix. The title is misleading. A young woman finds a package that was incorrectly left at her door due to a mishap with apartment numbers. Chaos ensues. Smartly done in only 6 episodes.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Plenty of people are. The same people attacking Barrymore (rightfully) use the podcast with the late night hosts that is being done in lieu of their shows as a counterpoint to attack Drew and Bill. Three of those hosts crossed last time. Get out of your bubble man.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X