X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    As of this moment two different networks on my teevee are carrying two different cornhole tournaments.

Is this an elaborate joke?
    They've gotten oddly popular this last year, maybe they were easier to hold during the pandemic and plus nothing else was on for awhile.

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    As of this moment two different networks on my teevee are carrying two different cornhole tournaments.

Most sports (and "sports") are.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I totally agree. I'd love to know the story behind it, but of course we're never going to hear it from Tiger.
    I wish we could hear from Elin but I’m sure her settlement means she’ll never say a word

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Agreed on GF #1, but I would bet heavily that his parents forced him into it and he was too beholden to them at the time to tell them to get bent.
    I totally agree. I'd love to know the story behind it, but of course we're never going to hear it from Tiger.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I finally got around to watching the first part. I thought it was excellent. A lot of insiders as talking heads.

I thought there were two interesting aspects of the show, though. First, we really didn't hear from any tour players other than someone like Faldo who has long-since retired. Second, there was virtually nothing with respect to his time at Stanford.

What a low class move, though, with respect to girlfriend #1.

I'm looking forward to part two.
    Agreed on GF #1, but I would bet heavily that his parents forced him into it and he was too beholden to them at the time to tell them to get bent.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Cobra Kai Season 3 is everything 10 year old me ever wanted! The amount of fun and nostalgia in that series but specifically that season is just perfection!

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Hbo two parter on tiger- part one aired tonight. Pretty good
    I finally got around to watching the first part. I thought it was excellent. A lot of insiders as talking heads.

I thought there were two interesting aspects of the show, though. First, we really didn't hear from any tour players other than someone like Faldo who has long-since retired. Second, there was virtually nothing with respect to his time at Stanford.

What a low class move, though, with respect to girlfriend #1.

I'm looking forward to part two.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Fox News further restricts the "news" portion of programming, moving the prime time 7-8 slot from "news" to tard. Looks like somebody is getting burned by OAN and Newsmax and is looking to knob polish the Nazis.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Depending on my work day, I sometimes have the TV on while I work. I've seen Friends multiple times, found a channel that shows ER, etc. But I just found Laverne & Shirley reruns on Logo!! Yay! I loved that show!
    My uncles buddy was a regular on Laverne and Shirley as a cop or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Hbo two parter on tiger- part one aired tonight. Pretty good

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    I had to watch Peggy Noonan and David Gergen on the same day.

It was like a pundit Carnival cruise in 1994.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Depending on my work day, I sometimes have the TV on while I work. I've seen Friends multiple times, found a channel that shows ER, etc. But I just found Laverne & Shirley reruns on Logo!! Yay! I loved that show!

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    It's sad we lost the third-to-last Jeopardy with Alex Trebek all because a bunch of Wheel Of Fortune viewers had to run wild.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Isn't novel something like 1200 pages long? Very few good novels are that long.
    The first half is excellent. The second half is mailing it in for the check.

When I was in writing courses in the 80s this was literally called "Stephen King Syndrome."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X