No announcement yet.

TV 19 - Simpsons Did It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There will be a Monk TV movie coming to Peacock, catching up where the series left off.

I remember when Monk, Psych, and Burn Notice were the only shows I watched.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      There will be a Monk TV movie coming to Peacock, catching up where the series left off.

Psych and Burn Notice were two of my favorite shows back in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Psych and Burn Notice were two of my favorite shows back in the day.
        Chuck and Eureka were up there in a similar vein. I liked the Dead Zone with Anthony Michael Hall, too, but that wasn't of the same vibe even though it was on USA.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          There will be a Monk TV movie coming to Peacock, catching up where the series left off.

Aw I loved Monk!

Comment

• Eureka was fun, but either my social schedule changed or its time slot did and I couldn’t keep watching it.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Eureka was fun, but either my social schedule changed or its time slot did and I couldn’t keep watching it.
              It jumped the shark by the 3rd time it "reset" with alternate universes/memory erasure, so you didn't miss a whole lot. Having said that, the last episode was at least better than, say, Quantum Leap (the original).

Comment

• 4 episodes into Severance.

Very good, like a super-charged version of Black Mirror.

John Turturro steals the show.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  4 episodes into Severance.

Very good, like a super-charged version of Black Mirror.

John Turturro steals the show.
                  I'm glad you are enjoying it. It's one of my favorite shows. All of the actors shine eventually. The banality of dread.

Did you see Turturro in The Night Of? Another excellent performance.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 03-20-2023, 04:44 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I'm glad you are enjoying it. It's one of my favorite shows. All of the actors shine eventually. The banality of dread.

Did you see Turturro in The Night Of? Another excellent performance.
                    He was great in The Night Of - and the creators did that one right by leaving it alone at 1 season only.

Comment

• Anyone catch premiere of odenkirks new show on amc? Lucky hank?

Comment

• Lasso first episode was lame. I hope they write their way into this season. I trust them.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Finished season 2 of Lasso to catch up with the new season release.

A question and then some review in spoilers in case anyone hasn't gotten through yet:

What was Nate's deal in the last couple episodes? I know he had been getting an ego after the "Wonder Kid" stuff, but the blow up at Ted for not paying attention to him seemed to come out of left field, unless I completely forgot some scenes from earlier on.

I still enjoyed it, but I didn't think it was as good as the first season. I liked the the "Major League, but soccer" vibes the first season had. Season 2 felt more much of a sitcom-y. Dani kills a dog? Rebecca sleeps with a player and no one seems to care, some cheering it on? I can only imagine the type of scandal that would produce in real life if it were to come to light. The only real concern with the situation comes when she confesses to Ted and he blows it off immediately. On the positive side, I think the Sam/Moroccan super team story line was creative and honestly surprised it hasn't been tried yet in real life. Someone on that continent must have more cash than they know what to do with the burn on a soccer club.

The Coach Beard episode had an odd ending. The vibe at the church club was that he had rekindled with Jane, but they're rocking out to Hello, which at face value is about a girl who doesn't want to make any commitments. Unless that was the point writers were trying to make, but that heavily contrasts with how they acted during the scene and how content he was at the end of the episode taking a nap in the coaches office.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            Finished season 2 of Lasso to catch up with the new season release.

A question and then some review in spoilers in case anyone hasn't gotten through yet:

What was Nate's deal in the last couple episodes? I know he had been getting an ego after the "Wonder Kid" stuff, but the blow up at Ted for not paying attention to him seemed to come out of left field, unless I completely forgot some scenes from earlier on.
                            It makes sense to me. He always could be a little mean, like in his roast is season 1, but when he didn't have any real power it didn't mean anything. Given the type of personality he is surrounded by in a locker room, once he has power and fame he is going to think you have to use it in a negative way. Regarding Ted, while Ted did give him the promotion to the coaching ranks, he then more or less ignores additional growth he might need from there. Ted doesn't do that on purpose, he might think he's given Nate the leg up he needs and he can handle it from there, but Nate's personality, where he has a habit of not quite trusting people, makes him feel like he's been set up to fail. And there's a bit of him liking he got some recognition and praise early on, so when that becomes less constant (as he has the job now and should be pretty happy with that), he takes the lack of overt praise as criticism.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

It makes sense to me. He always could be a little mean, like in his roast is season 1, but when he didn't have any real power it didn't mean anything. Given the type of personality he is surrounded by in a locker room, once he has power and fame he is going to think you have to use it in a negative way. Regarding Ted, while Ted did give him the promotion to the coaching ranks, he then more or less ignores additional growth he might need from there. Ted doesn't do that on purpose, he might think he's given Nate the leg up he needs and he can handle it from there, but Nate's personality, where he has a habit of not quite trusting people, makes him feel like he's been set up to fail. And there's a bit of him liking he got some recognition and praise early on, so when that becomes less constant (as he has the job now and should be pretty happy with that), he takes the lack of overt praise as criticism.
                              That all make sense. I guess I was taken aback because for a show that uses callbacks or can be very blatant in telegraphing it was a major plot move that didn't have any particular moment to point back to.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• I've seen 6 episodes of Poker Face now. 6 little jewels. The best writing on television this year.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X