X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

No.

They are only doing what has already been done in the Video Games. The creators REFUSED already to write things that don't already exist.
    I hope.

Going back to the well... hasn't gone well.

I think for me it's more that I don't need any more to the story. It's ideal the way it ends.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

No.

They are only doing what has already been done in the Video Games. The creators REFUSED already to write things that don't already exist.
      That's no guarantee for success. The majority of video game adaptations have failed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

That's no guarantee for success. The majority of video game adaptations have failed.
        No one is denying that. But, it does mean the story is already done and they're not going to try to pull a Game Of Thrones. I agree with Kepler, they could have just ended it there. But, they didn't. Just like Dune could have ended with the first book. It didn't. The only one that seemed to get better with more and more is Tolkien. Everybody else needed to know when to quit.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The only one that seemed to get better with more and more is Tolkien. Everybody else needed to know when to quit.
          Fellowship is the best book, to me, but all are good.

The Holmes, Poirot, Marlowe, and Maigret stories get better as the books go on.

TV as a medium worries me more than books because enstupefication is so profitable. If you have a great book series and you make it dumb you will lose far more readers than you will gain, because readers are so much more selective. If you enstupify your TV or movies, the base of the pyramid just gets wider and wider as you debase yourself.

The other problem isn't the Great Unwashed at all, it's the limits of an author. It's the Boston problem. Their first album was the blood and sweat of 7 years of working and thinking and creating. It's brilliant. Their second album was 2 years most of which was heavy touring with their first album's material, and it's crap. Quality takes time. "I'm sorry this letter is so long, had I had more time I would have shortened it."

If the authors of TLOU are working off another solid game, and those who loved the first love the second, then that is a good sign. They earned our trust.

BTW, TIL there is a sequel book "After Worlds Collide." I need to find that.
          Last edited by Kepler; 03-14-2023, 12:52 PM.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            If the authors of TLOU are working off another solid game, and those who loved the first love the second, then that is a good sign.
            Well, not everyone did. But for the same reasons they didn’t like episode 3.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

Well, not everyone did. But for the same reasons they didn’t like episode 3.
              Yeah, TLOU Part 2 was not a universal success in the sense that the neckbeard audience didn't like it.

Which means of course it's really good.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

No.

The only thing that really didn't exist AFAIK was the part with Ellie's Mother (played by Ashley Johnson aka video game Ellie). But, according to the creator, he had already written that part for a potential DLC or graphic novel and they just never did anything with it until now.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Realizing that SNL is always hit or miss, the Waffle House skit last week was pure comedy gold.

Comment

• Mandalorian S3E3 - effing side quests.

Comment

• Really enjoyed this season so far

Ted Lasso had a great first episode.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I am sadly bored by Mandalorian S3. Maybe it's me.

Shrinking with Jason Segel and Harrison Ford has been quite good though.

Comment

I am sadly bored by Mandalorian S3. Maybe it's me.
                          S2 was lame, and the ending was downright bad. I gave up then. S1 was still good, albeit spotty.
                          Cornell University

Comment

I am sadly bored by Mandalorian S3. Maybe it's me.

Shrinking with Jason Segel and Harrison Ford has been quite good though.
                            It’s a crime to have Pedro lead a show and not even show his face

Comment

• Looks like renewal contracts went out for the broadcasting companies. YoutubeTV is going up to 73/mo from 65. And that's after dropping MLB Network in February.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• So cable prices again. Whodathunkit
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X