Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That 90s show kind of ended with a thud. It was fine. But the first half was better. Still excited for the next season.

edit: we watched the first episode of that 70s show after and I forgot about the wacky wall. That show did some amazing things with practical effects.
    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 01-28-2023, 09:30 AM.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I’ve been seeing lots of good reviews about Poker Face. The commercials look good and Natasha Lyonne was pretty entertaining at the Globes so I think I’m going to give it a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I’ve been seeing lots of good reviews about Poker Face. The commercials look good and Natasha Lyonne was pretty entertaining at the Globes so I think I’m going to give it a try.
        I started episode 1 late last night. I see no reason not to continue.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I must have forgot to review Poker Face here. Ep 1 was great and I look forward to continuing it.

Comment

• Ufda. Rich. Men. Never. Ever. Learn.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              You’ve already seen the best of GoT. To be honest, most of the enjoyment for me was watching it with my long time friends- we’d all read the books and was excuse for us to get a pizza and spend a few hours together on Sunday nights. I really miss that.
              Yeah I remember...I have a feeling I would like the books way better but since they will never be finished I see no reason to read them.

I will say this, I enjoyed Season 7 quite a bit but part of that was there was less episodes. I think 7 episodes was the sweet spot. Most seasons had a couple episodes that made me want to quit watching because they were just filler. Especially the first few seasons the writers sense of pacing and timing was pretty bad. And boy is it easy to tell when the writers took over the storytelling as opposed to Martin's books because the "here is our shocking twist that has never been even hinted at before!!1!1" moments ramped up hardcore.

Season 1 was the best, but that was partially because Sean Bean is amazing. After him really only Peter Dinklage is what I would consider great on the show. Any scene with him is worth watching. The rest, well, lets just say I am not sure most of the cast could act their way out of a paper bag most days. (Arya is pretty cool about half the time...others are good in various scenes from time to time but not enough)

That people consider this one of the great TV shows ever kind of boggles my mind but then again I have watched so much stuff like this over the years I guess I am numb. The SO would get annoyed at my ability to predict story beats without any real knowledge of the stories. I would then explain how similar stuff happened in some other series. George and the show definitely borrowed from a lot of different sci fi/fantasy series so for someone with a lot of hours spent watch/reading that it gets a might repetitive.

I will say I like the show more now than I did after season 3 when I almost rage quit. (maybe that was 5 I cant remember I went on a lot of rage quit rants especially when the cults became a big storyline) I also went on an epic rant when the Smoke Monster showed up for about 7 thousand reasons that made the SO laugh. We start 8 tonight...and I can already see why most hate that season but also why that season has to be what it is. The inability for the writers to pace the story well has painted them into a corner and now you have to have all the stories tie up including both the fight with the White Walkers AND the fight for the throne. Competent pacing would have ended one of those stories in Season 7 and had Season 8 finish the other in epic fashion. Doing both is stupid and shows that they didn't spend enough time mapping out the story.

(this is a very short snippet of how my review of the show is...I am not sure I have the typing skills to write out the whole thing)
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Your what hurts? ;^P
                Nothing hurts...I was sitting First Class my seat had massage ;^)
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Pedro Pascal acting in a mask? That's absurd.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Will also put this in The Dead Thread but since there’s been a lot of chatter about The Last of Us,, wanted to share that Annie Wersching died. She was only 45.

Comment

• That's the video game Tess right?
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Didn't figure her as the first VDer to go.

Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          I’ve been seeing lots of good reviews about Poker Face. The commercials look good and Natasha Lyonne was pretty entertaining at the Globes so I think I’m going to give it a try.
                          Pilot episode was excellent.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• The Last of Us - that was a great and unexpected episode. Really, the whole plot was such a good story, and shot so well. Every setup that made me think X could happen had a much better payoff than I expected at the start of the show.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Yeah that was unexpected for sure.

I’ve missed you, armond!

Comment

• I should also add- give Nick offerman all the awards for that

Comment

Working...
                                X