Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching E3 of Tales From the Territories on VICE. The series delves into the history of the regional wrestling associations that existed before the WWE took control. E3 is about the AWA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Watching E3 of Tales From the Territories on VICE. The series delves into the history of the regional wrestling associations that existed before the WWE took control. E3 is about the AWA.
      That would be fun although I suspect they were each run by a different organized crime syndicate.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That would be fun although I suspect they were each run by a different organized crime syndicate.
        No, just a bunch of carnies.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Okay, Andor is now my favorite Star Wars show by far. The Mandalorian is great and fun but Andor is making real statements like Rogue One before it.

Writer Tony Gilroy is building on the original trilogy in a very meaningful way.

George Lucas is/was a rebel along the lines of Stanley Kubrick and George’s pal Francis Coppola. Star Wars is about the AMERICAN empire make no mistake. This is what makes the originals so incredible. inverse.com/culture/star-w… and now we have Rogue One and Andor to carry the tradition!

read what Lucas says here. It’s astounding. He’s more of a rebel than Martin Sheenand he got away with it!

https://www.inverse.com/culture/star...ony-gilroy/amp
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Dammit Derry Girls is so good.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Dammit Derry Girls is so good.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• I stopped watching after S1, I hafta pick it back up. I was falling in irredeemable lust with every other actress. Dr. Mrs. is Scotch Irish; I have a type.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• TIL The Longest Yard was written by the son of the Winter Warlock.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• My wife and I just finished watching the series 1899 on Netflix. It's an eight part, single season series, although I could see the possibility of a follow up season. Most of the episodes were less than an hour long, so it wasn't a terrible ordeal to binge through it.

It started out very promising, I thought. The year is 1899 and 1500 people or so are on a large ocean liner traveling from an unnamed European port to the US. Somewhere in the North Atlantic the ship receives a message (just coordinates on a map) that they deduce has been sent by a sister ship that has been missing at sea for four months. The captain makes the decision to veer off course and head to the coordinates, where they find the missing ship in a very peculiar and creepy condition.

At that point they have my attention. Then, the show tumbles down a rabbit hole that I'm not sure I could explain here, even if I wanted to post spoilers.

I wouldn't say the show is great, but I wouldn't say it is terrible either. My wife and I just looked at each other after the finish, and were like, "uh, ok?" I would say that the primary problem with the show is that it tended to drag at times in the middle episodes.

I'm curious if anyone else has watched it, and their reaction.

That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      My wife and I just finished watching the series 1899 on Netflix. It's an eight part, single season series, although I could see the possibility of a follow up season. Most of the episodes were less than an hour long, so it wasn't a terrible ordeal to binge through it.

It started out very promising, I thought. The year is 1899 and 1500 people or so are on a large ocean liner traveling from an unnamed European port to the US. Somewhere in the North Atlantic the ship receives a message (just coordinates on a map) that they deduce has been sent by a sister ship that has been missing at sea for four months. The captain makes the decision to veer off course and head to the coordinates, where they find the missing ship in a very peculiar and creepy condition.

At that point they have my attention. Then, the show tumbles down a rabbit hole that I'm not sure I could explain here, even if I wanted to post spoilers.

I wouldn't say the show is great, but I wouldn't say it is terrible either. My wife and I just looked at each other after the finish, and were like, "uh, ok?" I would say that the primary problem with the show is that it tended to drag at times in the middle episodes.

I'm curious if anyone else has watched it, and their reaction.
                      I did. I liked it, but not as much as their other show, Dark. Dark, for me, is going to be one of my all time favorite shows

tbese creators can pull off these themes better than most others, but it just didn’t enthrall me the way that Dark did. And the themes in both are very, very similar

Comment

• I think my girlfriend tried it...no idea if she finished I will ask her later and give a report.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• S1 of The Terror for episodes 1-8 or possibly somewhere into 9 was brilliant but E10 at the very least was one of the worst endings to such brilliance that I recall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            S1 of The Terror for episodes 1-8 or possibly somewhere into 9 was brilliant but E10 at the very least was one of the worst endings to such brilliance that I recall.
                            Heroes level?
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Heroes level?
                              Never watched Heroes.

Comment

• Willow is pretty much what I expected. Fun.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X