No announcement yet.

TV 19 - Simpsons Did It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House of the Dragon ramping up nicely.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      House of the Dragon ramping up nicely.
      The next episode is supposed to be another skip ahead in the timeline. I kind of like the timeline skipping.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The podcast has been wonderful. They had an interview with one of the writers this week and since I have never read the book and didn't know how it was written I didn't understand the show very well. Well, the writer explained how the book was written and what that offered to them as writers on the show and I am grinning ear to ear. What a joy to work on a show like this, and what a joy to watch what they come up with throughout the making and showing of it. I have a new appreciation.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I really enjoyed the first couple of episodes, but personally I've sort of felt like the story bogged down and the show has gotten a little boring. I have high hopes for it, but I think they could have shortened this last part of the story line.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Is anyone watching the new Ken Burns series on PBS, The U.S. and the Holocaust. I seriously cannot recommend that show enough. It's obviously written with an eye towards pointing out the echoes of that time that are heard today. But just some of the interesting nuggets that are in the show.

For instance, when FDR took office, there were not an insignificant number of people that wanted him to assume full dictatorial powers. And, of course, in his famous first inaugural address, he talked about trying to address the economic woes using normal, constitutional measures, but if that did not work, or if Congress did not cooperate, he'd go full dictator.

In the Burns documentary, they recounted how Eleanor Roosevelt was so taken aback by the enthusiasm of the crowd's response to that line that she said it frightened her. I had never heard that story before.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I caught a few minutes but realized I want to catch it from the start; what I saw looked very good, though.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Mookie has found Kepler’s favorite tv show on YouTube
                soap
                all episodes commercial free
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Mookie has found Kepler’s favorite tv show on YouTube
                  soap
                  all episodes commercial free
                  The first few seasons of that were amazing. It also marks the last time Billy Crystal wasn't cringe.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Fans of Cobra Kai! You may want to check out Cobra Kai theory on YouTube.

I missed some breadcrumbs since Terry Silver’s return …. the theory emerging now really explains how Daniel defeated Terry and why Terry made some of the statements he made “I’m not afraid to die”, etc. also explains how Terry Silver is suddenly at a hospital where Johnny was and talked about youth several times in the past couple of episodes.

it’s really worth checking out.

Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The first few seasons of that were amazing. It also marks the last time Billy Crystal wasn't cringe.
                      Chuck and Bob were my favorites.

ETA - one of my favorites scenes was when the family was all in the living room and the doorbell rings and it's the maitre d from a Japanese restaurant and they have to go get the grandfather who had taken a bunch of the waiters as hostages. Seriously, that show was outstanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Chuck and Bob were my favorites.

ETA - one of my favorites scenes was when the family was all in the living room and the doorbell rings and it's the maitre d from a Japanese restaurant and they have to go get the grandfather who had taken a bunch of the waiters as hostages. Seriously, that show was outstanding.
                        Eunice and the Priest was great too.

Fun fact: Katherine Helmond (Jessica) was a highly accomplished stage actress. She did TV in her 40s and 50s for the LOLs. As the show alluded to many times, she had an amazing pair.

Last edited by Kepler; 09-26-2022, 03:13 PM.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Andor…first 3 episodes. Plodding…what’s the reason for this show? Give us a reason to care damn it!

Rogue One was amazing, don’t ruin it.
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• There's a Quantum Leap sequel/remake starting tonight... on one hand, the premise lends itself to being decent TV the same way Dr. Who does: time travel allows you leeway to touch on any issue you want each week within the framework of the show and without tying yourself into longterm knots.

On the other hand, was anyone asking for a Quantum Leap remake? Especially without it being Bakulized for your entertainment? (And will they eventually retcon the ending of the initial series by bringing Bakula back)?

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              There's a Quantum Leap sequel/remake starting tonight... on one hand, the premise lends itself to being decent TV the same way Dr. Who does: time travel allows you leeway to touch on any issue you want each week within the framework of the show and without tying yourself into longterm knots.

On the other hand, was anyone asking for a Quantum Leap remake? Especially without it being Bakulized for your entertainment? (And will they eventually retcon the ending of the initial series by bringing Bakula back)?
                              You mean go back to the original ending where Al is with Beth in "Our Time" and tells her he needs to go back and bring Sam home? My guess is by season 2. Bakula has said in the past he would be down for it.

This show looks awful though. It looks more like a bad SNL mock trailer than an actual TV show with a budget and writers. If NBC wasn't desperate for content it would be cancelled fast cause I doubt anyone watches past episode 3.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• This is one of the saddest sentences I have ever read:

In 2016 Bakula appeared as a guest judge on the HGTV show Brothers Take New Orleans with Property Brothers hosts Jonathan and Drew Scott.
                                Jesus ****, write the guy into the show.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X