X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Does that mean full frontal Carlton?

Comment

• I had quit the original Dexter series after season 5. After season 5 I felt like they had ruined any fascination I could have with the series. Well, I watched the "reboot" season and they pretty much put everything in there that I hated about the first series. So, I'm done. Not glad I watched it. If they decide on Season Two? Forget it.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Ended up semi-binge watching Arcane on Netflix. I see why it made the lists of best anime of the year. It was damn good. And you absolutely don't need to know anything about League to enjoy it.

Sucks season 2 is at least a year away.

Comment

• Just started Star Trek Discovery

incredible visuals. So far I like the characters ans story.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Just started Star Trek Discovery

It gets kind of weird but I friggin love it! My buddy the Trekkie thinks it is awesome as well.

Hey Scarlet you watched Leverage didn't you? Did you watch the reboot? If so what did you think personally I enjoyed it quite a bit and can't wait for Season 2.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

It gets kind of weird but I friggin love it! My buddy the Trekkie thinks it is awesome as well.

Hey Scarlet you watched Leverage didn't you? Did you watch the reboot? If so what did you think personally I enjoyed it quite a bit and can't wait for Season 2.
              I did, really liked it. Who has the reboot? I think it's on a streaming service I don't get. Timothy Hutton isn't in it, right?

My brother created a profile for me on his Hulu account. Now I can watch Only Murders in the Building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I did, really liked it. Who has the reboot? I think it's on a streaming service I don't get. Timothy Hutton isn't in it, right?

My brother created a profile for me on his Hulu account. Now I can watch Only Murders in the Building.
                IMDB TV which you can watch on Amazon Prime. (with a small amount of commercials)

Yeah Hutton isn't back but everyone else is (though Aldis Hodge is part time) and Noah Wylie is quite good in it. Outside of Hutton and the fact that today's world is quite a bit different than it was back when Leverage was on originally it feels like not much has changed.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Just started Star Trek Discovery

Is this a new series? I've never watched any Star Trek series since the original but I'd honestly like to give some of them a try.

Regarding Boba Fett - Ep1 was not great but 2 and 3 were redeeming. It's a bit more flawed IMHO than The Mandalorian but it's compelling enough so far to stay with it.

1813 has completely lost my interest and I'm not going to continue giving it the benefit of the doubt.
                  Last edited by Slap Shot; 01-13-2022, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

IMDB TV which you can watch on Amazon Prime. (with a small amount of commercials)

Yeah Hutton isn't back but everyone else is (though Aldis Hodge is part time) and Noah Wylie is quite good in it. Outside of Hutton and the fact that today's world is quite a bit different than it was back when Leverage was on originally it feels like not much has changed.
                    I'm going to ask a stupid question (and you can all shut up) - how does one watch IMDB TV on Amazon Prime? Do you just search for that title? There is something else on IMDB TV I want to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Is this a new series? I've never watched any Star Trek series since the original but I'd honestly like to give some of them a try.

Regarding Boba Fett - Ep1 was not great but 2 and 3 were redeeming. It's a bit more flawed IMHO than The Mandalorian but it's compelling enough so far to stay with it.

1813 has completely lost my interest and I'm not going to continue giving it the benefit of the doubt.
                      Next generation (TNG), ds9, voyager, and enterprise are all on Netflix, I believe. Picard and Discovery are paramount+ exclusives.

In terms of which to watch,
                      TNG most closely matches the model of the original. First season or 2 are rough but it hits its stride thereafter.

DS9 is my personal favorite since it's more serial and less idealistic. Garak is the best recurring character in the Star Trek universe, and gol dukat is a great villain. Set in the same time period as TNG.

Voyager was ok. Had some high points but also some really low lows. Introduced 7 of 9. Roughly same time period as TNG and DS9.

Enterprise is the prequel series. Not great and the finale was brutal, but there were some high points scattered in there.

Picard is awesome, but definitely watch TNG first. (And some Voyager).

Havent seen Discovery, so can't comment on it.
                      Last edited by unofan; 01-13-2022, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Next generation (TNG), ds9, voyager, and enterprise are all on Netflix, I believe. Picard and Discovery are paramount+ exclusives.

In terms of which to watch,
                        TNG most closely matches the model of the original. First season or 2 are rough but it hits its stride thereafter.

DS9 is my personal favorite since it's more serial and less idealistic. Garak is the best recurring character in the Star Trek universe, and gol dukat is a great villain. Set in the same time period as TNG.

Voyager was ok. Had some high points but also some really low lows. Introduced 7 of 9. Roughly same time period as TNG and DS9.

Enterprise is the prequel series. Not great and the finale was brutal, but there were some high points scattered in there.

Picard is awesome, but definitely watch TNG first. (And some Voyager).

Havent seen Discovery, so can't comment on it.
                        Something changed this month. A lot of star treks got pulled off so Paramount can run a monopoly on it.
                        Looks like:
                        TOS: Paramount
                        TAS: Paramount
                        TNG: Netflix, Paramount
                        DS9: Netflix Paramount
                        Voy: Paramount
                        Ent: Paramount
                        Dis: Paramount
                        Pic: Paramount
                        LD: Paramount

Agree on Picard. I accidentally saw the guest star for this next season and I'm very, VERY excited if not a little sad the surprise was ruined.
                        Agree with your assessment on voyager's high/lows. Several shows were A, almost A+. Making you think about humanity and sentience, etc. But holy god, there were a couple turds that my wife and I looked at each other and wondered why they even shot the episode. Terrible stuff. That said, I think I like Janeway as a lead maybe the most since Stewart. The Doctor and Seven may also be my favorite characters since Data. I thought Jerry Ryan was one of the best acted characters. Absolutely melts into the role and you forget sometimes.

I think TNG kind of a utopian future. Lots of great episodes and characters. A little copy/paste at times, which is why I think I preferred the more serial approaches of Picard and Discovery and to an extent, voyager and DS9 (from what I remember).

Enterprise I haven't seen. DS9 I haven't watched in forever but we'll be rewatching when we're done with Disco I think.

The timeline goes:

Enterprise...................100 yrs...................Disco..10 yrs..TOS/TAS...................100 yrs...................TNG.DS9.Voy (all overlap, but TNG and Voy don't overlap)......20 yrs... Picard
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Yeah, Paramount's streaming service solvency requires them to be the only Star Trek location. Not surprised by that at all.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

I'm going to ask a stupid question (and you can all shut up) - how does one watch IMDB TV on Amazon Prime? Do you just search for that title? There is something else on IMDB TV I want to watch.
                            Its not a stupid question. Just search for the show it should pop up. It was on my main screen when I opened the app so I got lucky :^)

Star Trek Discovery takes place prior to Star Trek: TOS. At first it deals with how the conflict with the Klingons came to be. It changes after Season 1 and this last season was bonkers and awesome. Discovery is an experimental ship that will seem out of place if you watched other series but they deal with that quite well as it goes along. (avoiding spoilers as much as possible)

Picard was quite good...a bit up and down but I can't wait for season 2.

There is more coming including one based on Section 31. (for those of you like me that love DS9) I believe there is one that will be based on what happens in Discovery Season 2 as well. (specifically who runs the ship and the ship he takes over...again avoiding spoilers)

As for the previous series...I think I like Voyager better than DS9. True there were some clunker episodes but I felt it was more satisfying with the overall narrative. The first season of DS9 is spotty (same with Voyager) and really doesn't catch steam until the Dominion become a threat. The Cardassians outside of Gul Dukat were laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame and the Bajoran stuff was just blah. The characters were awesome though and once it got its legs it really got good. When the Dominion War starts that show just crushes. In The Pale Moonlight is a Top 5 Trek episode of any series IMHO. Voyager with the Maquis were more interesting to start...plus the constant fish out of water being in the Delta Quadrant I found interesting.

TNG era series ranked for me:

1) TNG (duh)
                            2) Voyager
                            2.1) DS9 (I think if DS9 had gotten another season and didn't force the end of the War in super fast fashion it could have passed Voyager)

Never watched Enterprise but my Trek buddy did and he did not much care for it outside of a few episodes.
                            Last edited by Handyman; 01-13-2022, 02:52 PM.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Oh, and Lower Decks is spectacularly funny for trek nerds
                              Code:

Comment

• Thank you uno and Handy - at some point I give at least one of TNG, Voyager, Discovery, Picard and DS9 a try and I'll probably start with TNG.

Comment

Working...
                                X