TV 19 - Simpsons Did It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Only murders in the building is good. First three episodes out.

short, Martin, Gomez all great
    Good! I saw the previews for it a couple days ago and it looked like it had promise.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Only murders in the building is good. First three episodes out.

short, Martin, Gomez all great
      I loved the pilot. The scene between Short and his son was spectacularly well done.

Gomez can't act but my god is she lovely; just shut up and be.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Just finished The Chair on Netflix with Sandra Oh and quite enjoyed it. At 6 episodes it was nice and tidy and I did not feel cheated. Conversely I just started the 9 episode S1 of Hit and Run (Israel but some of the dialogue is in English) and E1 was great. Hope at 9 it doesn't feel bloated by the end.

Comment

• Gf recommends Clickbait on Netflix.
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Nine perfect strangers has turned into the steaming pile of garbage I knew it was capable of.

ted lasso this week…wow

Comment

It’s quite good. I watched it months ago but I don’t think anyone else here did
              My GF loved it...havent got around to it yet.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

My GF loved it...havent got around to it yet.
                It is fun. We watched that right after watching Mare of Easttown. Little Jean Smart marathon.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Come From Away

Consider now, this is a musical about the people of Gander, Newfoundland (population: 11,000) hosting 7,000 redirected travelers on 9/11. It should be tremendously powerful, emotional, and both tragic and heroic.

It is none of those things. It is spectacularly inane. There has to be an essay by John Ruskin about a form of poetic tension in which a purely sublime moment is transformed into an awe-inspiringly stupid human response by godlike ineptitude.

I loved it. It is the worst musical I have ever seen; so wonderfully terrible that it achieves high art. Absolutely recommend. A+
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Come From Away

Consider now, this is a musical about the people of Gander, Newfoundland (population: 11,000) hosting 7,000 redirected travelers on 9/11. It should be tremendously powerful, emotional, and both tragic and heroic.

It is none of those things. It is spectacularly inane. There has to be an essay by John Ruskin about a form of poetic tension in which a purely sublime moment is transformed into an awe-inspiringly stupid human response by godlike ineptitude.

I loved it. It is the worst musical I have ever seen; so wonderfully terrible that it achieves high art. Absolutely recommend. A+
                    This ended up in such a different place than its trajectory, that it warrants a commission and an episode of Seinfeld.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Come From Away

I'm still bitter that it is the one show that our babysitter fell through on and we missed when the touring production came through town (we have season tickets). Everyone I know loved it.

Comment

ted lasso this week…wow
                        After an off week, it came back with a vengeance. I was very weepy through it all. Loved it.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

I'm still bitter that it is the one show that our babysitter fell through on and we missed when the touring production came through town (we have season tickets). Everyone I know loved it.
                          I'm not sure if you are lucky or unlucky. Knowing your personality I think you would have been rolling in the aisles.

It's the emperor with no clothes meets won't someone think of the children. A true masterpiece so keening I hope -- I pray -- the playwright and director were doing a Starship Troopers.
                          Cornell University

Comment

I'm not sure if you are lucky or unlucky. Knowing your personality I think you would have been rolling in the aisles.

It's the emperor with no clothes meets won't someone think of the children. A true masterpiece so keening I hope -- I pray -- the playwright and director were doing a Starship Troopers.
                            We listened to the original cast recording on the drive to/from the next show. I almost crashed the car laughing so hard.

Not to take this too off topic, but with very limited exceptions I've been impressed at the quality of the touring shows. I know Des Moines punches above its weight and gets the national tours really early in their runs, but still. We've been season ticket holders (5-6 shows per year) for roughly a decade and there's only been one truly awful show that we almost walked out early on (Jekyll & Hyde, with Constantine from American Idol as the lead) and I can probably count on one hand the number of mediocre ones.

Comment

Nine perfect strangers has turned into the steaming pile of garbage I knew it was capable of.
                              I'm not sure. It seemed like an odd setup episode of some sort.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Watched Scenes from a Marriage last night. Not really my kind of show but I think I am going to force my way through it.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X