Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else call Shane "Plop" throughout the series? They are very different characters, but I couldn't help myself.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Anyone else call Shane "Plop" throughout the series? They are very different characters, but I couldn't help myself.
      Same!

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I think we are seeing Rachel
        I agree 100%. There have been a lot of movies and shows where I was hoping for the sellout by a main character. In this case I was not.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• The pilot for Mr. Corman was excellent.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Marvel's WHAT IF really went for it with the second episode and they were able to really showcase what this series could be. I'm hoping this is the norm for the series as it moves forward. They bring back a LOT of the original movie cast to voice their respective characters in this episode and it adds quite a bit of authenticity, even though some of the roles don't quite land the same as their live action portrayals. Still a solid A for the episode though.

Also it is Chadwick Boseman's last performance as T'Challa, so it adds an aura of sadness to the episode =(
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I think we are seeing Rachel immediately after the moment she had resigned herself to the fact that the attraction of a comfortable life, with a man she may not - likely won’t ever - truly love is more appealing than a life of economic struggle so that she can hold onto her convictions. She’s mourning her loss of her sense of self, and saying what’s needed to keep her financially secure life. And Shane is too narcissistic and stupid to care about her words conflicting with her body language.
              I think I worded myself poorly because I agree with this. My surprise was that she acquiesced, even though if fits with the apparent overall message being made about human behavior.

Comment

• Answer: This man's cheney-inspired takeover of Jeopardy is in jeopardy after clips of him were shown to make offensive jokes about women, Jews, and Asians.

https://twitter.com/chris_notcapn/st...595535369?s=21
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I think I worded myself poorly because I agree with this. My surprise was that she acquiesced, even though if fits with the apparent overall message being made about human behavior.
                  I never saw his previous work - enlightened. I’m told it’s a cult hit and I love Laura dern so it’s my next binge

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    I never saw his previous work - enlightened. I’m told it’s a cult hit and I love Laura dern so it’s my next binge
                    That was prior to me having HBO. I think I am going to see if I can fire that up. That looks good.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Great interview with Mike White on White Lotus (spoilers abound so watch it first, then read it).

https://www.vulture.com/article/the-...=pocket-newtab

I have a stronger appreciation for what he did now after reading.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Ted lasso Xmas episode was fantastic
                        Watched this last night. WHAT a delightful show. As someone who really hates early Christmas anything and doesn't start thinking about the holidays till they're almost upon us, this episode had me feeling all Christmas-y.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                          Jeopardy going with Mike Richards for the regular syndicated show and Mayim Bialik for what appear to be a new series of primetime spin-offs.
                          Mike Richards stepping down as host now after comments be made on his old podcast came out, among other things.

Sounds like the guest hosts will continue for the time being.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• How many Scaramuccis is that? ;-)

EDIT: 7 days, so .6363 Scaramuccis.
                            Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 08-20-2021, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Disney got caught changing another Simpson's episode.

There was a line where Homer is trying to figure out lucky numbers while in Vegas. (The episode is Viva Ned Flanders. The episode where Homer & Ned go on a bender to Vegas and get married). Thinking out loud, he asks what Marge's b-day is and then says the line "Barney's is April 20th, same as Hitler's".

That line has now been changed to "Barney's is July 15th, same as Lassie's".
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                                Disney got caught changing another Simpson's episode.

There was a line where Homer is trying to figure out lucky numbers while in Vegas. (The episode is Viva Ned Flanders. The episode where Homer & Ned go on a bender to Vegas and get married). Thinking out loud, he asks what Marge's b-day is and then says the line "Barney's is April 20th, same as Hitler's".

That line has now been changed to "Barney's is July 15th, same as Lassie's".
                                Well Lassie is the Hitler of dogs.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X