This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    We've been binging Superstore with America Ferrera, which apparently ended its run this past spring. I have to admire how perfectly casted, written, and acted a lot of the characters are. Especially the managers (Jeff, Glenn, Dina). These characters literally are the makeup of big box store management.
    It's a fun show...the last season is lame but still I enjoyed the run.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Huh? I said I liked it.

Cheers was fine. It was a sort of mini-MASH. MASH was good the first year, then great for about 5 years, and then asymptotically approached garbage. Cheers did the same thing but in about half the time. But at its best it was very good. Its arc was almost exactly the same as Moonlighting.

And the Cheers pilot was fantastic. It was the best Diane would ever be.
      Uh, ok it was really hard to tell from that remark.

MASH fell apart slowly as they lost Henry, Frank, Trapper and Radar, and as Alan Alda gained more and more control.

One my favorite TV moments of all time that no one else seems to recall is when the camp is taking a group photo. Hawkeye is setting up the shot form atop a ladder and asks the entire group during setup to take 2 steps to the left, then asks the entire group (50 people or so?) to take 2 steps to the right and then says, "perfect". If I have to explain why that's funny....

Imagine trying to pass off Hot Lips and Spearchucker as character nicknames in 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        We've been binging Superstore with America Ferrera, which apparently ended its run this past spring. I have to admire how perfectly casted, written, and acted a lot of the characters are. Especially the managers (Jeff, Glenn, Dina). These characters literally are the makeup of big box store management.
        Back in the day I worked for a company that did resets of Cub Foods stores and my estimation is that I met about 34 Glenns.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Finally watching Justified, a show I was curious about.

looove me some Timothy Olyphant

Comment

• Watched the new Bo Burnham special over the weekend on Netflix. Great 90 minutes, and a great mix of comedy and one man theater rather than straight-forward comedy.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Reports of Tuca and Berti's demise were premature. S2 drops June 21.

Everybody go watch S1 right ****ing now. And hang up.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Anyone watching Bad Batch? Any good?
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Anyone watching Bad Batch? Any good?
                  I haven't gotten to it yet, but I'm hearing that the premiere is fantastic then it drops off significantly. Bummer if true.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

I haven't gotten to it yet, but I'm hearing that the premiere is fantastic then it drops off significantly. Bummer if true.
                    Well, I'll watch anyway. I am doing a summer of Star Wars. Finishing up Mandalorian now, then Clone Wars, then Bad Batch.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Loki E1 - ridiculously entertaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Loki E1 - ridiculously entertaining.
                        This.

I love how Kevin Feigie is allowing these shows to be specifically focused and backfill the story and adding much needed depth. Love how the TVA is portrayed here. The deadpan delivery is great. Also feel like the portrayal is almost an homage to Beetlejuice as well with the bureaucratic limbo that has been established.
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Huh? I said I liked it.

Cheers was fine. It was a sort of mini-MASH. MASH was good the first year, then great for about 5 years, and then asymptotically approached garbage. Cheers did the same thing but in about half the time. But at its best it was very good. Its arc was almost exactly the same as Moonlighting.

And the Cheers pilot was fantastic. It was the best Diane would ever be.
                          I can neither confirm nor deny that this inspired the lullaby I sing to my daughter when she needs one...

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Anyone watching Bad Batch? Any good?
                            The first episode was really good, but the show is clearly aimed more at the younger audience. It’s not bad, it’s just been different from what we saw in Clone Wars season 7. I expect we will see a move towards these guys joining or forming a cell of the nascent rebellion. Of that happens, it has the chance of giving a decent payoff.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• I can take or leave MCU, but I've heard Loki is good so I'm going to try it. Please please please no spoilers.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I can take or leave MCU, but I've heard Loki is good so I'm going to try it. Please please please no spoilers.
                                I don't know if you will or will not, but I was quite impressed by E1. Perhaps even more so than for the Falcon/Winter Soldier starter.

And for the jfc moment that brought me here - Elizabeth Banks is hosting a game show? Not saying she's Helen Mirren but that seems like a step back.

Comment

Working...
                                X