TV 19 - Simpsons Did It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

D2 was crap. I'm sorry if this violates some Flyover Tundra shibboleth.

I'll say this for D2, though. It's Citizen Kane compared to D3.
    Oh D2 is bad, but it’s hilarious bad. Iceland, knuckle puck, “you look like you just got out of the shower” Bombay, “let’s go shake their hand” Gunner Stahl, all terrible outside of Julie “The Cat” (who should’ve started!) but it’s glorious to this Millennial. It’s not the Roadhouse of hockey movies (that would be Youngblood) but it has its place as a hilarious, cheesy hockey movie.

D3 is just an abomination.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Oh D2 is bad, but it’s hilarious bad. Iceland, knuckle puck, “you look like you just got out of the shower” Bombay, “let’s go shake their hand” Gunner Stahl, all terrible outside of Julie “The Cat” (who should’ve started!) but it’s glorious to this Millennial. It’s not the Roadhouse of hockey movies (that would be Youngblood) but it has its place as a hilarious, cheesy hockey movie.

D3 is just an abomination.
      D2 is one of those movies that you just have to take at face value because if you scrutinize it at any depth it all falls apart.

Iceland didn’t even play international hockey until 1999, but it does make a good name for a foe. Trinidad and Tobago? Someone must’ve really wanted an excuse to get steel drums into the movie.

Charlie somehow getting mad they have to wear USA gear rather than their Ducks stuff at an international competition. It’s not like it’s just the Ducks team, they added like seven people. It would’ve been like Jordan and Pippen saying they should wear Bulls jerseys in ‘92 for the Dream Team.

Goalie removes his mask during play? And it turns out he actually changed uniforms with another player? All good according to whatever rule book these guys are using, apparently.

On the plus side, I believe it’s the only instance of major penalties being called in the entire series. The refs in D1 and D3 really didn’t like calling anything more than a minor.
      Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 03-26-2021, 11:35 AM.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

D2 is one of those movies that you just have to take at face value because if you scrutinize it at any depth it all falls apart.

Iceland didn’t even play international hockey until 1999, but it does make a good name for a foe. Trinidad and Tobago? Someone must’ve really wanted an excuse to get steel drums into the movie.

Charlie somehow getting mad they have to wear USA gear rather than their Ducks stuff at an international competition. It’s not like it’s just the Ducks team, they added like seven people. It would’ve been like Jordan and Pippen saying they should wear Bulls jerseys in ‘92 for the Dream Team.

Goalie removes his mask during play? And it turns out he actually changed uniforms with another player? All good according to whatever rule book these guys are using, apparently.

On the plus side, I believe it’s the only instance of major penalties being called in the entire series. The refs in D1 and D3 really didn’t like calling anything
        Kids in South Central LA inexplicably playing roller hockey? A player coming off the bench to lasso someone getting two minutes? Yeah, the premise behind anything in the movie is flimsy at best. And that’s what makes it so hilarious.

TSN’s Bardown has a breakdown of every bad or missed called in the movie.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Coming 2 America was far better than I anticipated especially after seeing the previews so who knows about MD? It's not going to be high art that's for sure but no reason it can't be fun. Lauren Graham filling out a Gophers sweatshirt is reason enough alone. :^)
          Meh. I can Google Image that and not watch whatever dreck Di$ney decided to greenlight so Emilio could pretend people still know who he is.

And none of the Ducks movies make any sense if you just break them down. My roomie and I once stayed up until like 4am watching the original and pointing out everything wrong with it. Made me love it more ;^)
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Kids in South Central LA inexplicably playing roller hockey? A player coming off the bench to lasso someone getting two minutes? Yeah, the premise behind anything in the movie is flimsy at best. And that’s what makes it so hilarious.

TSN’s Bardown has a breakdown of every bad or missed called in the movie.
            As someone who grew up in a non-hockey area, I loved it, probably because I could not pick out all of the holes in it. (Also I was like 9 years old.) I was very disappointed as an adult to find out Iceland was not in fact a hockey superpower. I also loved the original NHL team's name and logo, not the lame one now, which I think puts me among the minority here.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

As someone who grew up in a non-hockey area, I loved it, probably because I could not pick out all of the holes in it. (Also I was like 9 years old.) I was very disappointed as an adult to find out Iceland was not in fact a hockey superpower. I also loved the original NHL team's name and logo, not the lame one now, which I think puts me among the minority here.
              I loved that logo.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Did it show the house they had in Holland? At that size, they likely lived on or near Lake Michigan, in which case their net worth is somewhere in the ballpark of $Texas.
                Yes. It was a horrific McMansion.

I'll see if I can find it. It was that bad. They were very proud of it.

Edit: This is close. Imagine how low your SATs have to be to live in this.

Last edited by Kepler; 03-26-2021, 01:26 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Meh. I can Google Image that and not watch whatever dreck Di$ney decided to greenlight so Emilio could pretend people still know who he is.

And none of the Ducks movies make any sense if you just break them down. My roomie and I once stayed up until like 4am watching the original and pointing out everything wrong with it. Made me love it more ;^)
                  Emilio chose to go independent and focus on philanthropy about 20 some years ago. Not saying he's an acting chief but he is nothing like his brother. In fact because he made that choice he said no to this film at least once I don't fault him nor begrudge him in the least.

Again this movie may end up being terrible but whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    worst vocal fry I've ever heard. Nice to see it has even permeated the sticks.
                    I didn't know that's what it was called. But I absolutely despise it.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Emilio chose to go independent and focus on philanthropy about 20 some years ago.
                      Emilio has a lifetime get out of jail card.

But what about our relationship?!
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Nick removed two episodes of Spongebob they felt were problematic from streaming platforms. Just two.

Yet we're about to hear "cancel culture" all over again.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          Nick removed two episodes of Spongebob they felt were problematic from streaming platforms. Just two.

Yet we're about to hear "cancel culture" all over again.
                          Ha! NBC has deleted old WWE material on Peacock including half-black Roddy Piper in WrestleMania VI.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Ha! NBC has deleted old WWE material on Peacock including half-black Roddy Piper in WrestleMania VI.
                            Is it still on WWE's streaming app?

Interesting that NBC had it.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Is it still on WWE's streaming app?

Interesting that NBC had it.
                              NBC bought out the WWE Network.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

NBC bought out the WWE Network.
                                Huh. I learn something new every day.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X