X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Is it Nordic Noir? I love that style.
    It is. I'm a big fan of that style as well, although my wife is not. She's not a big fan of anything with subtitles, because she likes to be doing other things while watching and subtitles kind of makes that difficult. Also, she hated Marcella so I don't think I'm going to get her back into these series, although she slightly followed along with last night's episode of The Investigation. Hopefully it will turn out to be good so she gets back into them.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      The first episode of HBO's The Investigation was pretty good, imho. It's a dramatization of a true life crime story out of Finland from a few years ago in which the cops had to unravel a pretty complicated murder.
      I haven't seen that but a few 3-part series from across the pond I'd recommend. The first is not based upon a true story but the subsequent two are:

The Dublin Murders
      Des (with David Tennnant)
      Rillington Place (with Tim Roth)

Comment

The first episode of HBO's The Investigation was pretty good, imho. It's a dramatization of a true life crime story out of Finland from a few years ago in which the cops had to unravel a pretty complicated murder.
        Def want to check that out, esp after spending time in Finland a few years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Dammit - you're right. I thought there had already been 3 but when I googled, "next season killing eve" and only saw information on S3 I overrode my memory. In digging now S4 is approved but from what I can tell filming hasn't yet started?
          Not sure. They're sure going to make one. Don't know when, or when it comes.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It is. I'm a big fan of that style as well, although my wife is not.
            Dr. Mrs. is the same way. I watch few movies with her at home because that way of watching infuriates me.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Not Finland, Denmark, you heathen!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Not Finland, Denmark, you heathen!
                Oh crap, my bad! Knew I should have paid attention to the cities.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• State of hockey posted this on Facebook. One of the guys from Letterkenney’s hockey bros is in the new mighty ducks series.

Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    State of hockey posted this on Facebook. One of the guys from Letterkenney’s hockey bros is in the new mighty ducks series.

He’s in quite a lot of stuff. He was in Descendants, a Disney Channel movie my wife and daughter love.

Jared Keeso, the creator who plays Wayne, was known for his dramatic roles. He played a lead in a CBC cop show called 19-2 for a few years and played Don Cherry in a couple of movies.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Dang num it
                      mookie finished up season 4 of the crown, then reads he’ll have to wait until into 2022 for the next episode........
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• WandaVision.

2 episodes in, it may be Legion S1-level genius. It may just be Marvel doing its too clever by half thing. We'll see. So far, very promising.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Finally watching Ted Lasso. I love it!

My fave Sudekis role so far for him

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            State of hockey posted this on Facebook. One of the guys from Letterkenney’s hockey bros is in the new mighty ducks series.

I believe he's the coach of the mighty ducks themselves!
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

I believe he's the coach of the mighty ducks themselves!
                              I googled this because I thought I read he was the coach of the evil team. In the results I saw a post that said the ducks were the evil team thanks to Disney+.

wut?
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• "**** you, Gordy"

"**** you, Reilly. Three things happen, I hit you, you hit the pavement, I **** your mom again."
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X