This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Finally dropped Youtube TV to save $500 a year. Going to stream other services separately.

Starting with: MLB TV, Amazon Prime, BritBox, Discovery+, Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, and Peacock.
    Heads up if you have Verizon Wireless, they were running a promo for Disney+ bundle free as long as you keep the unlimited wireless plan.

I was already on the same tier it was offered as, minus the 5g perks, so switching to the new 5G unlimited with Disney + Bundle didn't save me any on my VZW, but now Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ are free for me.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/17/2...pn-hulu-bundle
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Heads up if you have Verizon Wireless, they were running a promo for Disney+ bundle free as long as you keep the unlimited wireless plan.

I was already on the same tier it was offered as, minus the 5g perks, so switching to the new 5G unlimited with Disney + Bundle didn't save me any on my VZW, but now Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ are free for me.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/17/2...pn-hulu-bundle
      Ya, i saw that. Discovery+ is offering the same thing as well. We do not have VW unlimited. But we do get a discount since we already had Disney at like $3/mo.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• I'm late to the game here, and I know there have been some negative reviews by other board members a few weeks back. I _just_ rewatched S1 and S2. For me, the Mandalorian has been the best thing to happen to Star Wars since Empire. It's familiar, with plenty of fan service but usually done right using background/obscure characters, or even showing characters/weapons/vehicles only released as toys. It's not like cramming R2-D2 and C-3PO into the prequels and C-3PO's dumb connection to Anakin. For example, showing R5-D4 on Tatooine with an oil stain running down from where it blew a motivator back when Luke almost bought it from the Jawas. It's not in your face, but fans will get it and laugh. They've put a lot of work into making it feel like the original trilogy style-wise (for example, not doing CG ship effects that they couldn't also do with miniatures). Everything feels very familiar, but not a re-hash of the original trilogy (no blowing up the killer weapon with one shot). "The Volume" has allowed some pretty incredible visuals for a TV show. It's a cheesy thing to say, but it's the first Star Wars related thing that makes me feel like a kid again. I have a 12 year old son. He's grown up with the Prequels, The Clone Wars series, etc, which I never really got into. We've both really enjoyed the Mandalorian.

It's Star Wars. It's going to be cheesy, but in my opinion this was cheesy Star Wars done right. I'd like to know what the sequel trilogy would have been like if Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni had made it.

Plus we now know the Boston accent exists in the Star Wars universe.

Comment

• I dont get why they keep trying to do The Stand. It never quite works. The one from the 90s with Gary Sinise and Molly Ringwald at least was enjoyable in a trainwreck kind of way.

I wish I had interest in the Mandalorian cause everyone I know loves it but Disney destroyed Star Wars for me.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Ultimately you can't do The Stand unless you're willing to make it 50 hours long. Trying to cut stuff out causes you to drop important stuff. And they continue to do a **** job of casting it. I haven't even looked at the new one because the previews didn't show much promise.

However, if you want something good from Stephen King, we're halfway through The Outsider on HBO and it's very good so far. Mind you I have not read the book so I can't compare it there.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Isn't novel something like 1200 pages long? Very few good novels are that long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I dont get why they keep trying to do The Stand. It never quite works. The one from the 90s with Gary Sinise and Molly Ringwald at least was enjoyable in a trainwreck kind of way.

I wish I had interest in the Mandalorian cause everyone I know loves it but Disney destroyed Star Wars for me.
                The only way it works is you make it an epic by GOT ing it. Not a limited series. A 2-3-4 year series. The whole book. Cover to cover.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

The only way it works is you make it an epic by GOT ing it. Not a limited series. A 2-3-4 year series. The whole book. Cover to cover.
                  That is what I have been told by people who love the book.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

That is what I have been told by people who love the book.
                    It's one of my faves for sure. The Uncut version. Read the original a super long time ago and loved the uncut version. More of a good thing.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Isn't novel something like 1200 pages long? Very few good novels are that long.
                      The first half is excellent. The second half is mailing it in for the check.

When I was in writing courses in the 80s this was literally called "Stephen King Syndrome."
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• It's sad we lost the third-to-last Jeopardy with Alex Trebek all because a bunch of Wheel Of Fortune viewers had to run wild.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Depending on my work day, I sometimes have the TV on while I work. I've seen Friends multiple times, found a channel that shows ER, etc. But I just found Laverne & Shirley reruns on Logo!! Yay! I loved that show!

Comment

• I had to watch Peggy Noonan and David Gergen on the same day.

It was like a pundit Carnival cruise in 1994.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Hbo two parter on tiger- part one aired tonight. Pretty good

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Depending on my work day, I sometimes have the TV on while I work. I've seen Friends multiple times, found a channel that shows ER, etc. But I just found Laverne & Shirley reruns on Logo!! Yay! I loved that show!
                                My uncles buddy was a regular on Laverne and Shirley as a cop or something like that.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X