This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Mindhunter S3 is not going to happen. #%&@#!!
    That has been known since S2 ended. Sucks but not surprising.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I watch From the Earth to the Moon every couple years...probably will even more now that I know how much Kepler hates Tom Hanks ;^)

I love HBO Max. I watch something on it almost daily.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        I watch From the Earth to the Moon every couple years...probably will even more now that I know how much Kepler hates Tom Hanks ;^)

I love HBO Max. I watch something on it almost daily.
        I must be driving Kepler crazy then because I've watched FTETTM, Band of Brothers, and The Pacific so many times on HBO Max.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

That has been known since S2 ended. Sucks but not surprising.
          I saw nothing announced personally until late October 2020 so it was a surprise to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            I must be driving Kepler crazy then because I've watched FTETTM, Band of Brothers, and The Pacific so many times on HBO Max.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Yeah, I really am self owning by watching good television...
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Yeah, you guys have weird Hanks and Kepler obsessions.

Comment

I saw nothing announced personally until late October 2020 so it was a surprise to me.
                  I believe someone in the cast let it slip and none of them were signed to another season. Insiders pray much said it was a lock the show was done.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Has anyone watched any of the following:

Equinox
                    The Stand
                    Expanse

Can't wait to start in on KC 3!

Comment

• I started The Queen’s Gambit last night, got thru the first three episodes. Maybe it’s my complete lack of chess knowledge, but I’m not really loving it. I like it, it’s interesting, but I’m not getting the amazing love. Maybe by the end of the show?

Finished The Flight Attendant yesterday. Enjoyable. I thought Kaley Cuoco was perfectly cast. And apparently she knew that since she executive produced it. Heh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        I started The Queen’s Gambit last night, got thru the first three episodes. Maybe it’s my complete lack of chess knowledge, but I’m not really loving it. I like it, it’s interesting, but I’m not getting the amazing love. Maybe by the end of the show?
                        Based on Dr. Mrs.' reaction, chess knowledge is not required to love Harmon.

Hey, you may just not dig it. No harm, no foul.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Has anyone watched any of the following:

Equinox
                          The Stand
                          Expanse

Can't wait to start in on KC 3!
                          I’ve been watching Expanse. Season 1 is very much one thing, and in Season 2 it takes a very different turn. It’s okay, but I could see a lot of people tuning out with the big change in direction. Well, maybe it was foretold the whole time, I’ve been watching as background while working.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Never heard of Equinox.

I tried Expanse based on trusted recommendations. I only made it through a few hours. There is definitely something there -- there is a voice behind the script and ideas that was interesting and trying to do something new. I may try to pick it up again; thanks for the reminder.

We tried The Stand but quit halfway through. It's not dreadful. It's just trite. Everything in it that's worth watching has already been done 100x before and so much better. It is like watching a pretty good movie from the 1980s. King is unrelentingly dated and that's great with something overtly nostalgic like ST or The Thing, but when you want non-ironic dramatic immersion it's a huge block. I gave up because for the book the excellent part (and it is excellent) is the first half, while the second half is a zero, and I figured if they can't even pull off the first half...
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Finally dropped Youtube TV to save $500 a year. Going to stream other services separately.

Starting with: MLB TV, Amazon Prime, BritBox, Discovery+, Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, and Peacock.
                              Last edited by JF_Gophers; 01-03-2021, 07:13 PM.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                Finally dropped Youtube TV to save $500 a year. Going to stream other services separately.

Starting with: MLB TV, Amazon Prime, BritBox, Discovery+, Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, and Peacock.
                                Heads up if you have Verizon Wireless, they were running a promo for Disney+ bundle free as long as you keep the unlimited wireless plan.

I was already on the same tier it was offered as, minus the 5g perks, so switching to the new 5G unlimited with Disney + Bundle didn't save me any on my VZW, but now Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ are free for me.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X