TV 19 - Simpsons Did It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

That is the current standard; just that those have been around ALOT on TikTok. So if you haven't heard them, or heard of them, that'd be why.
    No, what I mean is does TikTok rank songs or is there some indirect way of figuring out global popularity of their content?

I completely get that the buggy whip industry doesn't have a handle on car sales. I want to know who does? Considering compensation rests on it, somebody does.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Of course I'd heard of her. I don't live in a cave; I just have standards.

Although, let's look at the current Billboard top 10 songs:

0 0 never knowingly heard song; never heard of musician(s)
      0 1 never knowingly heard song; heard of musician(s)
      1 0 knowingly heard song; never heard of musician(s) <-- the Weird Al thingy
      1 1 knowingly heard song; heard of musician(s)

1. 0 0
      2. 1 1 (I have heard of Cardi B)
      3. 0 1 (I have heard of Drake, not the other one)
      4. 0 0
      5. 0 1 (I have heard of BTS if they're that K-Pop group of like 40 guys)
      6. 0 0
      7. 0 0
      8. 0 0
      9. 0 1 (I have heard of Styles; I also know the Richard Brautigan novel and bet most of you don't. It is meh.)
      0. 0 0
      Huh, I've listened to at least 7 of those at least once.

Blinding Lights slaps FTR.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Huh, I've listened to at least 7 of those at least once.

Blinding Lights slaps FTR.
        You have to remember also that I am well over 200 years old.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm 35 so I'm like over 100.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

No, what I mean is does TikTok rank songs or is there some indirect way of figuring out global popularity of their content?

I completely get that the buggy whip industry doesn't have a handle on car sales. I want to know who does? Considering compensation rests on it, somebody does.
            The TikTok algorithm is... weirdly specific when it dials in your likes. Its not all music based either.

Overall, the trending and popular videos are sort of spring up. WAP by Cardi B came out and all of a sudden popular videos kept showing up with people doing similar dance moves. Then the parody videos/audio roll in with waves of people doing them.

The popularity seems to be driven by those mimicking others in an effort to drive viewer counts. There are lots of times where an audio clip is 100% fire, and someone will come along and lip sync it and draw 10x to 1000x the views.

it ranges from high schools lipsyncing and dancing to popular songs to millenials and Gen X (and some very young Boomers) dropping jokes and wisdom and life stories.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Dr. Mrs. has the worst taste in TV of any person I have ever met:

Pen15
              Mindy Project
              This Is Us
              Modern Family
              Awkward
              Jane the Virgin
              Ugly Betty

I am convinced that every one of these shows is written by misogynistic Incel males who just want to make fun of the superficiality of Gen X and Millennial women.
              Holy ****
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Modern Family was excellent the first few seasons, but like most sitcoms these days I can't stick with them after 3-5 seasons typically. The Goldbergs and Fresh off the Boat were the same. The last sitcom I watched all the way through was HIMYM. I did watch the final season of TBBT after taking a few off and was pleasantly ok with it.

Comment

As am I. I have heard of Cardi B, Drake, and Harry Styles. Never ( knowingly) heard any of their music.

Do not want to.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• HBO Undoing. Holy ****.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      HBO Undoing. Holy ****.
                      I liked it.

one strange thing, in the previews for rest of season there was a character I didn’t see once

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I liked it.

one strange thing, in the previews for rest of season there was a character I didn’t see once
                        https://www.marieclaire.com/culture/...n-differences/

Cool article on the first episode. SPOILERS IN IT FOR THOSE THAT HAVE NOT SEEN EPISODE 1. Goes through the differences between the book and the series.

I think this is going to be very very good. Big Little Lies good.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• First episode of Queen's Gambit was excellent. The lead is a better actress than 99% of all adults working since 1960.
                          Cornell University

Comment

First episode of Queen's Gambit was excellent. The lead is a better actress than 99% of all adults working since 1960.
                            I saw that advertised last night. I need to check that out.

Comment

• Trailer for The Crown Season 4.

A wonderful portrayal of Thatcher's CUNextTuesdayness by Gillian Anderson.

I also need to find that cover of How Soon Is Now...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Ratched on Netflix. The imagining of Mildred before she locked horns with Randall Patrick McMurphy.
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X