Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh. Looks like Nova was pulled from Netflix this summer. I don’t understand why this isn’t available free on every platform.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Thought SNL open and Weekend Update was very good this week.

Britannia has been a joy. I am one episode from being fully caught up, they are in season two now.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I finished Fleabag. It was hilarious.

Probably going to finish Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and start either The Boys, Upload, or Utopia. I also heard lots of good things about Man in the High Castle...
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• I'm in Homeland's last season and I really do not like where the Carrie story is going. I think I am going to be angry about it for a long while.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            I'm in Homeland's last season and I really do not like where the Carrie story is going. I think I am going to be angry about it for a long while.
            Seems to be common way of feeling after multiple seasons

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Seems to be common way of feeling after multiple seasons
              I reserved myself long ago to accept that Carrie is going to make the wrong choice no matter what and to try and otherwise try to enjoy other story arcs and character developments. The only season I truly despised was 3 or 4 (I've long since forgotten). As horribly convoluted as the ending was I will still have more fond memories of the series than not.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                I finished Fleabag. It was hilarious.

Probably going to finish Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and start either The Boys, Upload, or Utopia. I also heard lots of good things about Man in the High Castle...
                The Boys is great. Great!

MitHC blew.

But if you know my Mrs. Maisel Grand Unified Theory I'm pretty sure we fly on different beams. :-)
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  Handy, technically, I am being paid for doing online training for my new job. In truth, I've been bingeing Psych on Amazon Prime.

"You met Gladys Knight?"
                  "Just the Pips."
                  "Actually, a Pip. The other two were stuck in traffic."
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The Boys is great. Great!

MitHC blew.

But if you know my Mrs. Maisel Grand Unified Theory I'm pretty sure we fly on different beams. :-)
                    I thought The Man in the High Castle started out fine, and was interesting, but by the end of the first set up episodes had careened off into a weird place.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Has anyone watched Bosch? It's on Amazon Prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I thought The Man in the High Castle started out fine, and was interesting, but by the end of the first set up episodes had careened off into a weird place.
                        Yes, me too; exactly in fact.

It was great eye candy though.

The actual story cannot be done right -- I've read it four times and I still don't think I really understand it. The plot and the Nazi alternative universe have nothing to do with it, they're just stage props that PKD was having some fun with (to great effect).
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Has anyone watched Bosch? It's on Amazon Prime.
                          GF and I have watched every season. We love it. This last season was very prescient having to do with crazy militants.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Ugh. I had super high hopes for this show. I hadn’t started it yet but assumed it wasn't going to be bad
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Ugh. I had super high hopes for this show. I hadn’t started it yet but assumed it wasn't going to be bad
                              Give it a try, though, your mileage may vary.

I've gotta say a lot of my disappointment was compared to the book. If you have not read it or can let it go then you may enjoy it, it just is a completely different project that happens to share the same gimmick.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Letterman interviewing Chapelle on the former's Netflix special is as good as it gets.

Comment

Working...
                                X