Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Based on the quick shots of the other nominees, it did not look like any of them expected to win...

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Added best comedy show to top it off.

they have won every award in the first hour.

Comment

• lol Stanley Cup burn

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• Jeremy strong wins best actor for succession.

first year where I may agree with all choices so far

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Jeremy strong wins best actor for succession.

first year where I may agree with all choices so far
            Brian Cox wins the real prize, which is narrating McDonalds commercials.

KDR

Comment

• One week until Fargo Season 4. Fiiiiiiiiinally.

KDR

Comment

• Succession doesn't win the category where they have 3 nominations; split the vote too much?

KDR

Comment

• Huh, Ruth Langmore is married to Foster The People.

KDR

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    Huh, Ruth Langmore is married to Foster The People.
                    There is an entire world out there I have never heard of.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      Huh, Ruth Langmore is married to Foster The People.
                      She is so good in that role. It's the quintessential supporting character role and she just nails it. I would've been pretty disappointed if they gave that Emmy to Meryl Streep, and I say that as a big Meryl Streep fan. Her role in Big Little Lies was not that good.

I've been watching Succession these past few weeks. Almost done with season two. Was surprised and delighted with Jeremy Strong's win. He seemed sincerely stunned by it. And it's always a good Emmys when former Boston University Terrier track star Uzo Aduba wins an Emmy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        I started watching The Vow, the limited documentary series on the sex cult/pyramid scheme started by Keith Raniere in the Albany, NY, area. It's an HBO show.

To this point (I think the show is halfway through?) I'd describe it as ok. It's not a ringing endorsement, in part because I think they could have condensed it. However, one of the great features of the show is how much video and audio recording they have of the participants.

I can't say that I'd recommend it, but if you have an interest in the sort of mind control used by guys like Raniere or David Koresh, you might find it interesting.
                        That seems to always be the case. HBO and Netflix make them way too long.

I will check it out at some point.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I watched the four part series on Netflix regarding the Challenger space shuttle. In my opinion it was outstanding.

Each of the parts is 45-55 minutes long, so it isn't too daunting of a watch. As with other limited series like this one, it probably could have been slightly condensed, but in this case it kept me interested throughout.

It gives a good accounting of the history of the space shuttle program and the enrollment of the astronauts into it. We hear directly from many of the astronauts who went through the program with some of the Challenger victims, and we also get a lot of back story from family members of the Challenger crew.

But then, mixed in with the general history of the program and the crew, we have a pretty detailed and frank discussion of the 0-ring problem, the history of that problem, and the relationship between engineers at the contractor, management at the contractor pulled between their engineers' science and their customer's pressure, and NASA officials who insisted they launch.

The current day interviews with the contractor management, and with the NASA officials, is astounding. When the NASA official who made the call looks into the lens and says, "knowing what I know today, I'd still order the launch," you want to reach through your tv screen and shout, "dude, it blew up!"
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I finally got around to start watching The Last Dance and through E4 this is one series that I can say so far finally hasn't been too long. Actually The Challenger 4-part series was the right length also but that's been few and far between lately.

I started re-watching Sherlock and I'm through S2. I really did not care for the Hound of Baskerville episode but the other 5 so far have held up. Moriarty remains one of the best evil men on TV ever.

I hope they bring at least S1 of Broadchurch to Netflix someday.

Comment

• I am watching the show Away on Netflix. It is about the first man mission to Mars. It is up and down so far but I am enjoying it so far.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• New season of Archer is fantastic. Classic!
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X