• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I thought it was:

Best actor (2): Logan and Kendal
    Best supporting actor (3): Roman, Tom, Greg
    Best guest actor (1): Erwan

Of all the characters on the show Shiv disgusts me the most and strikes me as the most real. That is the sort of hateful, un-self-aware monster which that class creates. The others are comic stereotypes but she's real. Maybe that means the actress is the best of the bunch.

But when a show hauls in a ton of nominations it isn't the acting, it's the writing. Armstrong is the genius in that show; the rest are riding coat tails.
    Yep I had it wrong

Comment

• It's easier to remember if we refer to Kendall Roy as Kyle Shanahan.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I know it's popular with even some halfway smart people so I will try. I was actually prepared to love it and really surprised the pilot sucked so bad. And like I said I could watch Levy and Elliott all day just whittle sticks -- they are both amazing at what they do. Catherine O'Hara was lame with SCTV and still is but it's very cool to see at least a small part of the Greatest Comedy Troupe Evar !!!111! reassembled. Is Andrea Martin still alive? How about Dave Thomas? (Fun fact, Dave Thomas' dad was the head of the Philosophy department at McMaster). There's no way they're getting Joe Flaherty from those high-paying gigs.
        I didn't think the pilot was bad, but it did feel like it was missing a little bit of something, but now that we're 6 or so episodes in it gets rolling more. Just give it some time for the characters and interactions to get more fleshed out. In the meantime, enjoy a glass of fruit wine!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          It's easier to remember if we refer to Kendall Roy as Kyle Shanahan.
          I really hope Jeremy strong wins. His portrayal of Kendal is amazing

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Maybe I gave up too early but I never saw one of these amazing episodes. All I saw were the ones where Anthony Anderson screams high-pitch about something for 21 minutes. If you want to have an insightful show about hard-hitting societal issues, your first move should not be to cast anyone from Kangaroo Jack.
            Yeah if you dont like AA then it can be hard to watch. His freakouts make me laugh. The episode where he cant swim but gets angry cause everyone assumes he cant swim cause he is Black...which he admits is actually true and even I think chronicles why historically Black People cant swim is still a favorite of my gfs. But yeah if you dont like him you wont like the show until they flesh out the other characters like his Mom or the older daughter. (who now has her own show)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I really hope Jeremy strong wins. His portrayal of Kendal is amazing
              Agree. He has fantastic emotional range and he is terrific on that knife edge where you hate him but are also weirdly rooting for him, at least to destroy the others but also to somehow be redeemed.

I don't want Kendal to be happy, but I do want him to be at peace. After he suffers a lot more.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I don't mind the occasional time-waster of a show here and there (for instance the first few seasons of Wipeout back in the day) so when I stumbled upon Holey Moley I thought, "Ok, why not?". Ehhhh. Normally I would blame Covid for something this insidious to be getting prime time airplay but it's already season 2? I like that Rob Riggle guy enough but I gave it 20 minutes and turned it off. Do not want.

Comment

• Oh lord the end of Schitts Creek...perfect! Last 3 episodes are excellent!
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I had never watched S1 of The League before and thankfully so far it holds up. “Respect the sidebar” is a great line, the ball-hair joint and the Taco birthday song are great reminders why this show rocked.

I finally started The Devil Next Door have watched 2 episodes so far. Beyond the actual trial itself (guilty or innocent) the witness testimony has been extremely moving. It’s not necessarily new in that the atrocities have been well known, but hearing them from people so closely removed from the camps is hard to watch but necessary. 75 years on and sometimes it feels like we’ve learned nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      I had never watched S1 of The League before and thankfully so far it holds up. “Respect the sidebar” is a great line, the ball-hair joint and the Taco birthday song are great reminders why this show rocked.

I finally started The Devil Next Door have watched 2 episodes so far. Beyond the actual trial itself (guilty or innocent) the witness testimony has been extremely moving. It’s not necessarily new in that the atrocities have been well known, but hearing them from people so closely removed from the camps is hard to watch but necessary. 75 years on and sometimes it feels like we’ve learned nothing.
                      The league first three seasons are great

Comment

• Into S2 of Schitt's Creek. Love it, it's great.

Finished S1 of Perry Mason. The finale was weak but generally it was an excellent show with fine characters and excellent mood.

Starting Love, Death & Robots. I loved the Hitler pilot. The Red Army vs Demons episode was boring. Mixed bag by definition.

LOLwatching Britannia. So terrible it's hilarious. I'm fairly sure that's intentional but then again...
                        Last edited by Kepler; 08-11-2020, 09:21 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Going to try "We Hunt Together" on Showtime.
                          I agree, Perry Mason ending was week but it was strong overall.
                          Still slogging through Homeland and the original Penny Dreadful.
                          Blind Spot series finale was actually very well done.
                          Cursed on Netflix was excellent and I can't wait for Season Two.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            I agree, Perry Mason ending was week but it was strong overall.
                            I have some questions in spoiler below:

1. Who killed Innis? His partner or the gangster?

2. Who did Strickland bribe the juror on behalf? I assume it was a competitor in the mayor's race to sabotage the Barry prosecutor's run.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Answers as far as I can tell below.

1. Who killed Innis? His partner or the gangster? (His Partner I believe)

2. Who did Strickland bribe the juror on behalf? (I thought they (he and Perry) discussed a plan and the bribe was it. I think Perry did it) I assume it was a competitor in the mayor's race to sabotage the Barry prosecutor's run.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• My thoughts on question 2 for PM: I think he did on behalf of Perry, but imho the "raised eyebrow" when he heard the vote was 9-3 was Perry separately paid off 2 other jurors and didn't tell Strickland about it, and likely caused Strickland to part ways.

Funny thing is I was just coming here to post I thought the finale was subpar compared with the rest of the season, but I thought they did a nice job of setting up S2 without jumping the cliffhanger shark.

I am finally making my way through S1 of Dark and have enjoyed it quite a bit. However it's taken me several weeks just to get through E6 as of now, and the break I took between 3 and 4 was hard as I tried to remember names/faces/relationships of characters and how they intertwined especially within both timelines.

It's a show I can't bring myself to binge watch even though I'm a huge fan so far.
                                Last edited by Slap Shot; 08-11-2020, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X