Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to believe Nova has been on for 40 years. They just finished an interesting 4 part story on "Australia's First 4 Billion Years".
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Still my all-time favorite Mythbusters episode.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Still my all-time favorite Mythbusters episode.
        I was waiting to be disappointed.

I was not disappointed.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Still my all-time favorite Mythbusters episode.
          Remember, kids: The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

- Adam Savage
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• I agree with Scooby. I think Perry Mason on HBO has been terrific. A lot of series I hope wrap up in their first year and go away. I wouldn't mind a four or five year run for this one if it continues as is.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Sidebar: Would Hank Hill vote for tDonald?

This is an interesting debate and I can see the points being made on both sides.... Personally I think he would be the type of person who would vote R, but would probably not vote for Dump this go around simply because he would view much of the R's rhetoric as verging into wild conspiracy, and he has shown quite a persistence to want to kick Dale's *** when he started pulling Hank down that road, ha ha....
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• The Greatest Events of WWII In Colour on Netflix. Colour me disappointed. There's virtually nothing new presented if your'e at all a WWII history buff and the war in the Pacific is given total short shrift.
                Last edited by Slap Shot; 07-20-2020, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• Gf had me watch S1 of The Umbrella Academy before S2 is released at the end of the month. I ended up enjoying it, but didn't find out it was based on a comic book until a couple episodes in, so I wasn't predisposed to stick my nose in the air and dismiss it right out of the gate. ;-)

Comment

• G4TV to return in 2021.

We don’t how it will return, or really even why it will return.

I loved G4 and it’s programming and I’m not unhappy about this news but, even I can see this doesn’t seem like a good idea.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• I am enjoying Cursed on Netflix very much.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• You know what was a good show? Original recipe Law and Order. There are a few channels that run reruns (unlike the many channels that show SVU reruns). Watching a few episodes tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          You know what was a good show? Original recipe Law and Order. There are a few channels that run reruns (unlike the many channels that show SVU reruns). Watching a few episodes tonight.
                          It's actually quite eye opening when you see an episode from the 1990s hit on topics that are still the same today...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            You know what was a good show? Original recipe Law and Order. There are a few channels that run reruns (unlike the many channels that show SVU reruns). Watching a few episodes tonight.
                            Interestingly, if you watch one of the first eps from 1990, the show has a substantially different vibe from later seasons when the format and casting became more airtight.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

It's actually quite eye opening when you see an episode from the 1990s hit on topics that are still the same today...
                              Like the episode when there is almost a coronavirus outbreak? All the ones dealing with racism or bad cops?

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Like the episode when there is almost a coronavirus outbreak? All the ones dealing with racism or bad cops?
                                Yea... Blatant racism and "bad" cops are never going away....

Comment

Working...
                                X