Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Futurama is absolutely fantastic and should absolutely be binged multiple times. I have seen every episode several times each and I still catch little things in the background I missed earlier.

There is a wonderful subtle joke in the background of one episode where they are in the Head Museum (a museum where they have the heads of historical figures kept alive in jars, technology invented by Ron Popiel). While they are in the Hall of Presidents, if you look closely you will see Grover Cleveland, twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      I never got into Futurama (should try again) but Rick and Morty is kind of like shows like Community where when it is on it is an A++ but when it misses the show is almost unwatchable. I think that is just Dan Harmon's MO. It hits way more than it misses though and it is quite intelligent.
      Futurama from late season 1 through the end of its initial run in season 4 was TV gold on par with Community's golden years. The straight to DVD movies and extra seasons on Comedy Central were much more hit or miss (and fark the retconning of Jurassic Bark), but even then it had a few brilliant spots that make it worthwhile to watch. It also nailed the ending not just once but twice; the last Fox episode was outstanding, and then the later series finale still solidly hit hte mark.

Comment

• The problem with Rick & Morty isn’t the show, it’s the fans who take it way too seriously.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          The problem with Rick & Morty isn’t the show, it’s the fans who take it way too seriously.
          True of every show in history.

Somewhere out there are two people who cosplay Laverne and Shirley.

EDIT: I WAS KIDDING!!!

Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Apropos, something I learned from reddit, the show which has the most obsessed redditors, and I mean by far, is Spongebob.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Community was my pandemic show. Well, one of them.

Second half of season 1 to first half of season 3 is some top tier TV. Agree with Handy on the Flanderization that happened later in the series. Especially after Harmon got bumped in season 4.

I wish they had gone a different direction with Chang. He was a great character in season 1 and then it was like they wanted to keep Ken Jeong around but had no idea how.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                I wish they had gone a different direction with Chang. He was a great character in season 1 and then it was like they wanted to keep Ken Jeong around but had no idea how.
                True. OTOH, Erdman was great in later seasons, and Goodman was as always an inspired choice.

The Flandersization of Shirley bugged me much more than overusing Jeong or the Dean. I think they were trying to escape the obvious Sitcom Romance arc for Jeff and Britta but it got away from them.

Fun fact, the guy 2 doors down from me at work is named Jeff Winger and he has never seen Community.

My only real disappointment: Jon Oliver's character was lame. It could have been amazing.
                Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Binge watching Futurama again. I'm up to Jurassic Bark. Gonna take me a week to prep for that emotional sucker punch.
                  I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THE WIKI SUMMARY OF THAT EPISODE.

Sorry for yelling. I was more of a casual Futurama fan in that I saw a good portion of episodes when they first ran, and caught them in reruns, but never watched it enough to know each episode. I didn't remember the Jurassic Bark episode and looked for the wiki summary and... well I could have done without reading how that episode ended.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Somewhere out there are two people who cosplay Laverne and Shirley.
                    Do not, repeat, DO NOT start looking up cosplay of old television.

(You'll be scarred, or is it scared, when you find Jessica Simpson was "Chrissy" of Three's Company one Halloween.)
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      Do not, repeat, DO NOT start looking up cosplay of old television.
                      I stopped after I could not unsee Columbo.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I stopped after I could not unsee Columbo.
                        You mean you couldn't go for ... "ohh, ... just one more t'ing."
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THE WIKI SUMMARY OF THAT EPISODE.

Sorry for yelling. I was more of a casual Futurama fan in that I saw a good portion of episodes when they first ran, and caught them in reruns, but never watched it enough to know each episode. I didn't remember the Jurassic Bark episode and looked for the wiki summary and... well I could have done without reading how that episode ended.
                          Luck of the Fryrish is a better overall episode that still comes with all the feels, but yeah, the last 2 minutes of Jurrasic Bark could be a test for sociopathy. If the room doesn't get dusty, there's something really wrong with you.

Comment

• Also Game of Tones.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Well I need a new show so I will binge Futurama :^)

I liked when they mocked the Britta/Winger stuff on Community that made me laugh. When they kept hinting he would hook up with Alison Brie it got weird. And Shirley was worthless after Season 3. She should have left when Chevy was canned...

Ken Jeong made no sense half the time which sucked cause as the Spanish Teacher he was awesome. And yeah Jon Oliver was wasted.

Whenever they mocked Glee I chuckled. (Regionals!!!)
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                I never got into Futurama (should try again) but Rick and Morty is kind of like shows like Community where when it is on it is an A++ but when it misses the show is almost unwatchable. I think that is just Dan Harmon's MO. It hits way more than it misses though and it is quite intelligent.
                                I never got into Futurama
                                Death by Snu-Snu.
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X