X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Ep 1 of Shogun was a solid start, but Ep 2 was ridiculously good. A little bit more character development, with a bit more insight into how the main players are going to be in conflict with each other in more ways than one. There was some serious tension and a bit more action in Ep 2 as well. If they can keep it up I look forward to the rest.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Has the guy that played Harvey done anything since Suits?

Also that show went on far too long - I wouldn't be excited for a reboot even if it included him. Well maybe I would watch if it had Louis.
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 03-02-2024, 12:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Uhhhh, OK Kep.

I want to know why the cast of Suits keeps popping up places, teases a reboot of the show, the reboot is announced and none of them are in it.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    I just realized that Mike Brady sired all 6 kids. When Carol's first husband found out, Mike killed him, and now Carol is holding it over him, forcing him to marry and support her while she doesn't even cook or clean.

Leave a comment:

• WisconsinWildcard
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Goddamn you Jon Stewart. As someone with a dog who is nearing the end, he made me cry last night when he cried
    Watched it in my office over lunch. Was late to clinic as I had to get myself together first.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Goddamn you Jon Stewart. As someone with a dog who is nearing the end, he made me cry last night when he cried
    I want someone on that show to use their goddam brains. I'm tired of them coming out of up-tempo political satire and they gotta talk about a ****ing dog dying.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    The True Detective finale cleaned things up too much for me. I was fine with the character arcs, but Danvers in particular I needed lasting suffering.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Shame his actual proposal will never happen, because none of the other ME countries give a fcuk about the Palestinians except to use them as leverage against Israel and the West.
    Yeah which gets discussed in the interview with the Muslim and Jewish journalists (might be in the extended version) which actually was the best part of the whole discussion.

There was a pretty good interview in Politico (yeah I know) with a former ambassador to the ME where he discusses why a lot of Arab nations hate the Palestinians...the Palestinians make a habit of shooting themselves in the foot and backing the wrong horses.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Stewart nailed it on Israel-Palestine!
    Shame his actual proposal will never happen, because none of the other ME countries give a fcuk about the Palestinians except to use them as leverage against Israel and the West.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Watched the preview for Shogun (first 2 eps now available) and it looks great. It's just a bonus that I learned it stars Anna Sawai from Monarch.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    We're fighting Nazis. The backbiting can wait until after we win.

Once the major parties are the Left and the Liberals we can have unending fun eviscerating each other. Not now.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Stewart nailed it on Israel-Palestine!

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    "Lurched heavily to the right"

Yeah I'm standing ok thanks. : )

Also when Jon still puts out stuff like this (current) I'm not going to clutch my pearls.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

My main point was, STOP CRYING ABOUT JON!!!
    Why...those are clips from his other show and have zero to do with the stuff he has done on TDS so far. That stuff was much better and basically backed up what I and others have said that he seemed more in his element on that show or a podcast.

But sure, keep pretending his Insta account posting clips from previous years work is somehow relevant to critiques of his current work as if people don't age and change. It ranks up there with your telling us how Bill Maher has not lurched heavily to the Right in the past few years despite all evidence to the contrary. ;^)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X