X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    The Gentlemen. Only saw the first 2 episodes so far but really like it.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
    I remember talking about the Perry Mason series on HBO (or MAX or whatever you want to refer to it as) recently on here. I totally missed the news when it came out that it was not renewed for a 3rd season. Ugh. Really hoping someone else will pick it up and keep it going. I have heard that they are trying to find a new home. Fingers crossed
    Ah crap.

I knew it was too smart to last. :-(

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Shogun was kind of disappointing this week

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    I dont think that will happen. Almost every studio is bleeding money right now because they overinvested in streaming and are trying to cut costs. Even if it found a home it likely would have its budget slashed so badly it might as well just be on a network and turned into a procedural.

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied
    I remember talking about the Perry Mason series on HBO (or MAX or whatever you want to refer to it as) recently on here. I totally missed the news when it came out that it was not renewed for a 3rd season. Ugh. Really hoping someone else will pick it up and keep it going. I have heard that they are trying to find a new home. Fingers crossed

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    A gentleman in Moscow, a great book, is now a tv series on paramount plus starring ewan macgregor. Premieres in a few weeks

please don’t mess this up

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Finally got on to Amazon to watch northern exposure

so far even better than I remember

”we get a jew doctor from New York?? You guys do good work”
    Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 03-09-2024, 10:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    I just started Tourist S1. Please no spoilers; I liked the pilot.

Jamie Dornan : Dr. Mrs. :: Sydney Sweeney : Me

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    In a departure of how tv shows usually work- the Tourist season 2 is light years better than season one. Two is enjoyable, one was a slog.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    WBD and Di$ney have no quarrels pretending we all got mindwiped Men in Black style...ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Speaking of WBD, the movie everyone wanted released, Coyote vs ACME was officially shelved. Really hoping that one gets leaked.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Tangentially related to TV but, WBD announced this week that they’re closing Rooster Teeth Productions. RT was the creators of web series’ such as Red vs Blue, RWBY, and Gen:Lock. Of course they were also huge on YouTube with channels such as Achievement Hunter and Funhaus.

It’s not too surprising they’re shutting down considering most of the original creators had left and a bunch of controversies had decimated viewership over the last few years. RT closing is a classic case of capitalism and corporatism taking over something and just running it into the ground.

And of course it’s WBD so there’s a high chance that the old content gets deleted.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Letterkenny finale was very good.

The whole last season was really good. Sad it's over.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Ep 1 of Shogun was a solid start, but Ep 2 was ridiculously good. A little bit more character development, with a bit more insight into how the main players are going to be in conflict with each other in more ways than one. There was some serious tension and a bit more action in Ep 2 as well. If they can keep it up I look forward to the rest.
    I am watching that as well.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Netflix announced that on April 4, they’re releasing limited series called Ripley- based on Tom Ripley character from the Matt Damon movie the talented Mr Ripley

considering it stars Andrew Scott, who is just so darn delightful, I’ll give it a try

Leave a comment:

Working...
X