Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV 19 - Simpsons Did It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A gentleman in Moscow, a great book, is now a tv series on paramount plus starring ewan macgregor. Premieres in a few weeks

    please don’t mess this up

    Comment


    • I remember talking about the Perry Mason series on HBO (or MAX or whatever you want to refer to it as) recently on here. I totally missed the news when it came out that it was not renewed for a 3rd season. Ugh. Really hoping someone else will pick it up and keep it going. I have heard that they are trying to find a new home. Fingers crossed

      Comment


      • I dont think that will happen. Almost every studio is bleeding money right now because they overinvested in streaming and are trying to cut costs. Even if it found a home it likely would have its budget slashed so badly it might as well just be on a network and turned into a procedural.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

        Comment


        • Shogun was kind of disappointing this week
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
            I remember talking about the Perry Mason series on HBO (or MAX or whatever you want to refer to it as) recently on here. I totally missed the news when it came out that it was not renewed for a 3rd season. Ugh. Really hoping someone else will pick it up and keep it going. I have heard that they are trying to find a new home. Fingers crossed
            Ah crap.

            I knew it was too smart to last. :-(
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • The Gentlemen. Only saw the first 2 episodes so far but really like it.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                Ah crap.

                I knew it was too smart to last. :-(
                Like Handy said, the production costs did not help. But what also didn't help is that HBO/MAX did absolutely no promotion for it. I had no clue when the second season came out and didn't even know until someone here posted about it after the finale. I firmly believe that it's good enough to generate enough viewership to justify costs, but it needs proper promotion. But again, as Handy noted, the desire by a lot of companies and streamers to absolutely slash costs doesn't bode well for its chances of getting picked up somewhere else.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post

                  Like Handy said, the production costs did not help. But what also didn't help is that HBO/MAX did absolutely no promotion for it. I had no clue when the second season came out and didn't even know until someone here posted about it after the finale. I firmly believe that it's good enough to generate enough viewership to justify costs, but it needs proper promotion. But again, as Handy noted, the desire by a lot of companies and streamers to absolutely slash costs doesn't bode well for its chances of getting picked up somewhere else.
                  If you like it, better download it soon. They ****ing threw Raised By Wolves in a hole a buried it so no one can watch it.

                  this **** needs to come with immediate transition to public domain of any work pulled like that. Use it or lose it.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                  Comment


                  • Max promoted season 1 but I never knew season 2 came out :^(
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

                    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

                    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post

                      Like Handy said, the production costs did not help. But what also didn't help is that HBO/MAX did absolutely no promotion for it. I had no clue when the second season came out and didn't even know until someone here posted about it after the finale. I firmly believe that it's good enough to generate enough viewership to justify costs, but it needs proper promotion. But again, as Handy noted, the desire by a lot of companies and streamers to absolutely slash costs doesn't bode well for its chances of getting picked up somewhere else.
                      It was niche. It was a studied rebellion against the clockwork stupidity of post-Sorkin winky jump-cut tired overproduced cleverness. And it was nostalgia for a genre that has no translation to contemporary mass culture. Noir comes in and out and at the moment its only expression is the adolescent pathos of the MCU. And it was quiet, and the iGenerations need constant reassurance, manipulation, and pandering to their victim neurosis.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment




                      • :^o
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

                        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

                        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                          It was niche. It was a studied rebellion against the clockwork stupidity of post-Sorkin winky jump-cut tired overproduced cleverness. And it was nostalgia for a genre that has no translation to contemporary mass culture. Noir comes in and out and at the moment its only expression is the adolescent pathos of the MCU. And it was quiet, and the iGenerations need constant reassurance, manipulation, and pandering to their victim neurosis.
                          I'm confident you can get one of these with a belt clip
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I'm confident you can get one of these with a belt clip
                            Does it make Julian fries?


                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                              Does it make Julian fries?


                              :-)
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                              Comment


                              • Jesus Christ…I may need to finally change my handle from solovsfett

                                The Acolyte looks like pure garbage. They’re not even half trying like putting a different icing on the cake.

                                Solo’s brief pointed reviews of Disney Star Wars (some scores revised upon further reflection)
                                Obi-Wan: dog ****
                                Book of Boba Fett: F, terrible

                                Ahsoka: c+ to B- until the last 2 episodes destroyed it, so…D-

                                Madalorian: Seasons 1-2: B+ good stuff. Season 3: burn it. Terrible. No point in having a story if you violate every preceding plot points Or canon.

                                Force Awakens: C (due to Adam Driver’s performance or the grade would be a D)

                                Last Jedi: C/F…. C for trying something new by having Kylo kill Snoke. F, because Jesus Christ how do you possibly explain Luke Skywalker’s regression from defeating Palpatine and saving the galaxy to losing a fight with a novice non-Jedi or Jedi-in-training and whining the entire time like a 60-year old child. How Rian? How? Never mind I don’t care anymore. **** off.

                                ROTS: ugh. F. Oooh loook it’s palpatine in clone form back from the dead. We promise this will be the last time we use this ****ty trope.

                                Rogue One: A+!!! Home run. Proper use of canon, proper and great story. Great performances and memorable characters and development! How the hell did Iger and Kennedy green light this?


                                And now, Acolyte. I won’t be watching. Trailer sucks, Disney sucks. I’m taking a good long break from watching anything Star Wars.
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!


                                "but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

                                "I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

                                Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X