Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish they would put it all up at once. Looks like I will probably be waiting until February to watch it once its all available. Not sure yet. I may have gotten a little spoiled with the option to binge watch so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
      I wish they would put it all up at once. Looks like I will probably be waiting until February to watch it once its all available. Not sure yet. I may have gotten a little spoiled with the option to binge watch so much.
      I'm going to listen to the podcast as well so once a week is great.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Def some incel tears though. Seems like some fans of season 1 can’t grasp that this one has women leads.

their primary complaint is probably that foster is too old to want to **** so why watch
        Yeah, they have to be whining about Marvel's Echo as well. I enjoyed the hell out of it.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Thumbs up to the new true detective so far
          I've just seen the pilot. It's definitely trying hard, but that's never been a deal breaker for me. There was some "how many subplots can we cram into this episode" comedy, but, again, complexity per se is not a bad thing.

Travis should put on some socks.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I've just seen the pilot. It's definitely trying hard, but that's never been a deal breaker for me. There was some "how many subplots can we cram into this episode" comedy, but, again, complexity per se is not a bad thing.

Travis should put on some socks.
            I can’t do spoiler tags on mobile but I think there’s a tie there to season 1.

Comment

I can’t do spoiler tags on mobile but I think there’s a tie there to season 1.
              Just change the font color to white and as long as no one quotes you you are fine.
              Last edited by Handyman; 01-16-2024, 11:48 PM.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Fargo finale- not what I expected. But excellent

Comment

• Monsieur Spade. Clive Owen plays the titular character who has settled into his later years in France 20 years after the Maltese Falcon took place. I have virtually no experience with the character in written form so my frame of reference in that regard is nil. I was not blown away by Ep 1, but I give it a solid B which is more than enough to give Ep 2 a try.

Criminal Record. Apple TV series that takes place in London. A newish female detective clashes with a grizzled veteran over a previously closed murder case. The plot is solid and the lead actors are great, but if the character development cliches remain as annoying to me as they were in Ep 1 it might be short lived.

The Tourist. Set in Australia about a man that wakes in the hospital having no memory of how he got there. The viewers see that he was in a car accident but there's plenty of mystery throughout. The unknowns about one of the protagonists became obvious to me almost immediately, but I finished S1 which was accomplished in a nicely a paced 6 episodes. Unfortunately imho they failed the landing and I won't be watching S2.

Comment

• First episode of After Midnight is out on YouTube.

I thought it was funny. Tomlinson is a good host.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      First episode of After Midnight is out on YouTube.

It started out kind of awkward but I thought it got better and better as it went along. Fun show.

Comment

• Watched episode one of True Detective: Night Country and mostly loved it. The only gripe I have is the multiple Allusion’s to season 1. It seemed almost overbearing. But overall this season has great potential.

I’ve also gotten around to watching The Wire again. On season 2 and through 4 episodes it’s great! “Spread the word darlin’, Omar back!”
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• True Detective Podcast is very well done. Going to be fun to be able to absorb and dissect every episode on a weekly basis like God intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            First episode of After Midnight is out on YouTube.

That was much better than I expected for a first episode. Loved it. Pacing felt much faster than @Midnight used to have.
                            Tomlinson was a great pick as host.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

That was much better than I expected for a first episode. Loved it. Pacing felt much faster than @Midnight used to have.
                              Tomlinson was a great pick as host.
                              It’s fascinating reading a few of the reviews that disliked it and basically boil down to “I’m old and don’t understand this.”

Best news is that the show streams on Paramount+ so I don’t have to stay up and can watch it the next day.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• While I did not dislike the finale of Fargo, it felt like the writers could have used some Zoloft.

Comment

Working...
                                X