Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV 19 - Simpsons Did It

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A great inside joke in Ted Lasso 3.09 is the actress who plays Rebecca, Hannah Waddingham, has a four-octave range and a talent for flipping straights.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • For the Star Trek fans out there…

      Strange New World will add two new cast members from another show - Lower Decks. The two main characters from that show will appear in at least one episode, I don’t know how many episodes in total.

      I am waiting to see how this fits. My initial reaction wasn’t positive, but Strange New Worlds has the right attitude for such cameos. Perhaps it’ll work so long as they keep their appearances to a minimum.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

      "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

      "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

      Comment


      • Is there a Jaquellan? How about De-Nice? Aye-Aron?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          For the Star Trek fans out there…

          Strange New World will add two new cast members from another show - Lower Decks. The two main characters from that show will appear in at least one episode, I don’t know how many episodes in total.

          I am waiting to see how this fits. My initial reaction wasn’t positive, but Strange New Worlds has the right attitude for such cameos. Perhaps it’ll work so long as they keep their appearances to a minimum.
          I never watched that show but SNW is awesome!
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

          "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

          Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Is there a Jaquellan? How about De-Nice? Aye-Aron?
            That and the College East-West bowl are arguably their best skits ever. Certainly some of their most memorable.

            At work we say: "You done messed up A-A-Ron" quite a bit

            Comment


            • I look forward to the next entry of "Slap Shot discovers a ten year old comedy skit".

              Cornell '04, Stanford '06


              KDR

              Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

              Test to see if I can add this.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                I look forward to the next entry of "Slap Shot discovers a ten year old comedy skit".
                I legit laughed out loud at this.

                Comment


                • Speaking of things that are 10 years old. I started rewatching The League. I had forgotten how hilarious Taco was.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                    At work we say: "You done messed up A-A-Ron" quite a bit
                    The unhippest elementary school teacher in Peoria, AZ recites and loves this skit, and she is my daughter.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                      Speaking of things that are 10 years old. I started rewatching The League. I had forgotten how hilarious Taco was.
                      Some of those seasons are just downright hilarious

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                        The unhippest elementary school teacher in Peoria, AZ recites and loves this skit, and she is my daughter.
                        I'm nearly 40 and childless. I have no frame of reference for what is hip these days. And I don't care to

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          I look forward to the next entry of "Slap Shot discovers a ten year old comedy skit".
                          My apologies for a bit levity, Francis.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post

                            That and the College East-West bowl are arguably their best skits ever. Certainly some of their most memorable.

                            At work we say: "You done messed up A-A-Ron" quite a bit
                            The black ice bit filmed in St. Paul near where I lived was also a top skit

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              The black ice bit filmed in St. Paul near where I lived was also a top skit
                              https://youtu.be/efiW2K8gASM
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                "That sounds exactly like something black ice would do"

                                Is this skit within the acceptable time frame to still discuss and appreciate?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X