Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting take on the HBO/Harry Potter 10 year marriage.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR3xGEtL/
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• So, when I upgraded my iPhone, the plan I got came with free HBO Max. It was already part of my Xfinity bill, though I realized it was an add on. I'd like to cancel it with Xfinity and then reinstall the app and take advantage of the free HBO Max. Do you think it will still be free once they change to Max? Should I do the switch this weekend? I hate when I procrastinate and wind up losing money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        So, when I upgraded my iPhone, the plan I got came with free HBO Max. It was already part of my Xfinity bill, though I realized it was an add on. I'd like to cancel it with Xfinity and then reinstall the app and take advantage of the free HBO Max. Do you think it will still be free once they change to Max? Should I do the switch this weekend? I hate when I procrastinate and wind up losing money.
        I got an email from HBO saying they would migrate my account to the new MAX service when it was rolled out. I would assume it would just carry over, but YMMV. (For the record, I get HBO through my Xfinity TV account].

Also check the phone company promo page as most of those offers are for a limited time (3, 6 or 12 months).

I lucked out with Verizon a couple years back and they were offering Disney+ for the lifetime of your unlimited plan. Never gonna change that plan as long as I can. They also offered promos for AppleTV+, Discovery+ and AMC+, but those were only good for three months.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          I agree on macfayden over culkin last year.

poor odenkirk. Gonna lose one more time
          Hot take: I like Odenkirk and Seehorn but to me the great dramatic engine of that show was writing and direction. The only acting performances I thought truly special were McKean, Dalton, and Fabian. Even Banks and Esposito, as fun as they were, were just pounding their fists on the same note.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Also check the phone company promo page as most of those offers are for a limited time (3, 6 or 12 months).
            I've gone to the AT&T store twice to confirm there was no end to the free HBO Max. It was always free when I upgraded my service. Now I think it's limited. I will go one more time just to confirm and maybe give it a whirl this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

What is Chappelle supposed to shut up about?
              Same Trans bs. He just has to poke the bear.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I don't disagree. She seems to be doubling down. I think she has reasons for doubling down, but again, I think everyone needs to have an adult conversation about this and they're not.
                I heard a guy discuss it (he is Gay) that she considers herself an advocate, has always been on the right side of the issue when it comes to LGB ISSUES. Gets asked about Trans and gives a bad response. She gets blow back and gets offended because she feels she is an advocate still and deserves better. Instead of learning she gets angry and fights and takes out her offense and anger on the people she doesn't understand. She lost her empathy.

I can buy that.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• And as a trans woman, my thing with Rowling and Chappelle:

I don't expect either of them to have a change of heart overnight and be our most ardent allies. I'm at the place where if they don't have anything nice to say, then remain silent. Keep your awful opinions to yourself.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Same Trans bs. He just has to poke the bear.
                    Comedy lives on subversion. You can say anything you want, just land it.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Comedy lives on subversion. You can say anything you want, just land it.
                      I love Chappelle to death...it doesn't land. It used too now he just sounds like Joe Rogan laughing at his own trolling.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Well, if it's lead actor, he's going to lose to Pascal. He shouldn't, but that's in the bag.

IMO the best actor from last season was Matthew Macfadyen. The season before it was Jeremy Strong, and the season before that was Brian Cox. So one show ought to have had 4 consecutive different best actors. Nobody has ever done that before.

Of course what it really means is it isn't the actors, it's the writer.

Cox is lead. Everyone else has pretty much been supporting IIRC.

Either way, I agree with your assessment up until the last sentence.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I heard a guy discuss it (he is Gay) that she considers herself an advocate, has always been on the right side of the issue when it comes to LGB ISSUES. Gets asked about Trans and gives a bad response. She gets blow back and gets offended because she feels she is an advocate still and deserves better. Instead of learning she gets angry and fights and takes out her offense and anger on the people she doesn't understand. She lost her empathy.

I can buy that.
                          I don't buy it. She doesn't need empathy. Isn't asking for it either.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I don't buy it. She doesn't need empathy. Isn't asking for it either.
                            No she lost her ability to empathize.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Apple makes some great tv shows.

extrapolations is not one of them

Comment

No she lost her ability to empathize.
                                I suppose that could be true. It appears Bill Maher lost the same thing.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X