X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Wait Dominic West is Charles now? Wow hahaha.
    I don’t mind him as an actor but yeah a bizarre choice

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Picturing Adam Sandler as Charles right now
    That whoosh sound you hear is coming from my brain.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Wait Dominic West is Charles now? Wow hahaha.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I stopped when they switched to the modern era Charles. I can't stand that actor in general and I couldn't buy him as Charles.
    Picturing Adam Sandler as Charles right now

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    I stopped when they switched to the modern era Charles. I can't stand that actor in general and I couldn't buy him as Charles.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Somehow I limped through the end of the crown. Show should have stopped once Claire Foy era was done.

last season got a lot better once Diana was killed off, but that’s not saying much. Just awful.

Was fun to see the ginger whinge portrayed to be as awful and perulant as he seems to be in life

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Trevor Noah's latest special on Netflix imho gets off to a slow first several minutes, but then once he hits his stride it's incredible and his Top 5 Things White People Love bit ranks up there for me.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    For the most part I trust Jodie Foster to make something that will be coherent and interesting to watch so that gives me hope. On the other hand I said something similar about Mahershala Ali before Season 3 so...

But I will give it a chance.
    Yeah, I'm going to give it a shot.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    For the most part I trust Jodie Foster to make something that will be coherent and interesting to watch so that gives me hope. On the other hand I said something similar about Mahershala Ali before Season 3 so...

But I will give it a chance.

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It was a bit uneven, but there were parts (most of them McConaughey, though a few with Harrelson and Monaghan) that were outstanding, IMO. I hate the resolution between the two main characters because that tension and disjointedness was why I liked it so much. There are characters that are compelling because they don't like each other, but typically it's very simple -- this was richer because they also did not understand each other. That's why the ending was a betrayal of what made it unique, and smelled like a director's or actor's dumbing down of the writer's vision to keep the derps happy.

I just saw that S4 has Foster, so I may user her to wash the Roberts out of my eyes after Leave the World Behind.

For a brief moment I was confusing Jodie Foster with Francis McDormand. And that gave me even more hope S4 would be good. Francis McDormand as a cop in a cold weather location. Worked REALLY well before. But then I realized it wasn't. But Foster is fantastic as well. And I got to (want to?) believe that the showrunners have heard the criticisms of S2 and S3 and will produce something much better.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I agree with all of this except I don't think I liked season one quite that much. It's ok.
    It was a bit uneven, but there were parts (most of them McConaughey, though a few with Harrelson and Monaghan) that were outstanding, IMO. I hate the resolution between the two main characters because that tension and disjointedness was why I liked it so much. There are characters that are compelling because they don't like each other, but typically it's very simple -- this was richer because they also did not understand each other. That's why the ending was a betrayal of what made it unique, and smelled like a director's or actor's dumbing down of the writer's vision to keep the derps happy.

I just saw that S4 has Foster, so I may use her to rinse the Roberts out of my eyes after Leave the World Behind.

Last edited by Kepler; 12-18-2023, 11:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

S1 is very good, although I thought the ending was kinda cheap, and the epilogue was full on insultingly stupid.

I've been warned off the rest as crap.
    I agree with all of this except I don't think I liked season one quite that much. It's ok.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar (Netflix), which could be also be called The Wonderful 40-minutes of Anyone Watching This Film. It was adapted by a short-story by Roald Dahl.

A short-film somewhat presented in the form of a play with Ben Kingsley, Ralph Fiennes and Benedict Cumberbatch. As I was watching I had the sense the creators were heavily influence by Wes Anderson, only to find out after he was a writer and co-producer. And one particular scene felt like it was an homage to Monty Python.

I enjoyed the speedy cadence of the dialogue, the quick changing sets and costumes, as well as the deadpan delivery of the characters.

It is supposed to be the first of a four-part series all of which were adaptations of Dahl. I really enjoyed this and if you're even remotely a fan of Wes Anderson would highly recommend.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    I know the character Reacher is supposed to be super imposing, etc. I was more referring to the fact the actor in the TV series is very robotic like and I have no idea if that's intentional or if he's a terrible actor. I never watched the Cruise movie and have no desire to.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Watched snl for first time this year. The only thing remotely funny so far was weekend update

Leave a comment:

Working...
X