Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally watching west wing. Finally saw Two Cathedrals.
    What an episode

Comment

• The penultimate episode that season setting up Two Cathedrals (18th and Potomac) is just a gut punch. The series settled in and hit its stride in season two, and carries that into season five.

Favorite episodes from Season Three:
      The Indians in the Lobby
      Bartlett for America
      Hartsfield Landing
      Posse Comitatus

Favorites from Season Four.
      20 Hours in America (pt1 and pt2) ** Best Episodes Ever
      College Kids ** You will rage about this great episode
      Election Night ** Best opener to the entire series

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Yeah, the seasons where Sorkin left starting in season 5, while ok by normal television standards, were definitely a notch below seasons 2-4, though the last season picks back up a bit.

The one that gets me every time is the end of season 3.

Comment

• “Game On” is a personal favorite of mine.

”$12.6 billion dollars out of a budget of $50 billion. I’m supposed to be using this time to ask a question so here it is: can we have it back?”
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• good lord those last 30 minutes of the jack ryan season 3 was the gayest thing mookie has ever seen. holy crap
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Mel brooks, history of the world part 2, streaming in march on Hulu

https://twitter.com/melbrooks/status...SEcXDy8bCrHU2Q

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Mel brooks, history of the world part 2, streaming in march on Hulu

https://twitter.com/melbrooks/status...SEcXDy8bCrHU2Q
                I know better than to get my hopes up. Also, it doesn't seem like a Mel Brooks movie without the usual people in it, of course they're all dead now.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• The Model Family on Netflix. Through 4 eps it's a great start. Think parts Ozark, Breaking Bad and Money heist. Very well done so far and I hope they nail the landing.

Comment

• Just started Ted Lasso. Love it so far, though I do have a slight spoiler because I’ve seen the Christmas episode already.

Was surprised to see that it takes place in the Premier League. Based on a couple clips and promos I’ve seen I assumed it took place at a Championship or League One level club, but then I remembered not every PL team has massive stadiums like Tottenham.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• New Jack Ryan is good. Three episodes in.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        good lord those last 30 minutes of the jack ryan season 3 was the gayest thing mookie has ever seen. holy crap
                        Oh please. It wasn't that bad. It was the weakest part of the season, but that says more about the quality of the rest than anything else. It wasn't GoT bad. Parts of it were over the top, but overall it was a perfectly cromulent ending.

I'm wondering what novels they'll borrow from for season 4. Season 2 was clearly a riff on Clear and Present Danger, and this one seemed like a combo of Sum of All Fears and Cardinal of the Kremlin.

Btw, if you want to watch a similar show with a horrendous ending, my wife and I referred to Vagabond (on Netflix) as the "Korean Jack Ryan." Was entertaining for 15 episodes then went completely off the rails for episode 16. Worst part is they seemed to be setting up a season 2 but then the pandemic hit and it never went into production.

Comment

• Finished jack Ryan. Perfectly cromulent season. Won't win an award, but highly entertaining.

My only complaint: Every scene that showed anyone on US soil should have been cut. God they were horrible, totally unnecessary, and could have ruined the season. The directing, the writing, the acting (though I'm not sure anyone could have saved those scenes). Blech. Felt tacked on.

Otherwise the remaining 90% was very good. 1> 3 > 2.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Rules for adventure dramas for TV or movies:

1. Cut all scenes with children.
                            2. Cut all scenes with love interests.
                            3. Cut all flashback attempts to provide backstory.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• The backstory scenes here were actually quite good.

In this season, no children. No love story.
                              Code:

Comment

• The west wing episode where North Dakota from party wants to drop North because South Dakota gets more tourism and the word north has connotations that make people think of cold and snow

lololol

Comment

Working...
                                X