TV 19 - Simpsons Did It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Power through that first season, because as with most shows, it was still feeling things out with only hints of the greatness to come. Season two it starts coming into its own, and then seasons three and four are where the iconic episodes reside including the aforementioned original series finale

After that, the comedy central seasons are up and down, but have their moments.
    Should we warn him about "the dog" or just let that train hit him at full steam?
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• No goddamn spoilers :-(
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

Should we warn him about "the dog" or just let that train hit him at full steam?
        I don’t even watch that show and I know about that episode. I don’t think I could watch that

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          She-Hulk is getting review bombed. The same thing that happened to Star Wars is going to happen to Marvel. Pretty soon we won't be getting anything.
          Weird...Marvel stuff usually avoids that. I am guessing the disasterous trailer that was almost universally panned got the basement dwellers out in full force.

What is sad is this is nothing new, people just seem upset now because it is happening to a Di$ney property. Almost every other studio has had to deal with this crap (as have reviewers on rottentomatoes) and no one bats an eye. The sense of entitlement from fandom is out of control.

(it is also happening in "normal" films too)
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• FWIW, I like the She-Hulk show. Ms. Marvel is ok, but it's Spiderman redo. This had got a little "different" to it. The CGI and Special Effects seem to be cleaned up from the original trailer as well. But, I think the review bombing may kill it all. It certainly killed a lot of the Star Wars tracks.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Power through that first season, because as with most shows, it was still feeling things out with only hints of the greatness to come. Season two it starts coming into its own, and then seasons three and four are where the iconic episodes reside including the aforementioned original series finale

After that, the comedy central seasons are up and down, but have their moments.
              I think this is spot on. The original run has all the best episodes. The movie season has some good lines and what not. And then the later seasons have a few episodes I thought were very good (Late Phillip J Fry, Prisoner of Benda, and clockwork Origin are good, Benderama and Overclockwise I think are pretty good too). But they are mostly just ok) And the 2nd finale, Meanwhile, was perfect especially when it went right into Space Pilot 3000 with no commercials between.

I skip "the episode that shall not be mentioned" on most rewatches but will power through it on occasion as it does have some hilarious lines.

Comment

FWIW, I like the She-Hulk show. Ms. Marvel is ok, but it's Spiderman redo. This had got a little "different" to it. The CGI and Special Effects seem to be cleaned up from the original trailer as well. But, I think the review bombing may kill it all. It certainly killed a lot of the Star Wars tracks.
                Star Wars sucked though because the people in charge had no clue what's to take it. If you have no vision it is gonna crash and burn.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• As the franchise drags on we'll see a much wider range as they get farther from canon (and from people who know/care about the material). We'll get a handful of gems like Guardians, Wanda Vision, and Loki. And then tons of unwatchable dreck that's even worse than the slick, formulaic stuff from Avengers, Thor, and Spidey.

It's exactly what happened with the Universal horror franchise from the 20s through 50s. We will eventually get Abbott and Costello Meet Captain America (Ant Man is actually pretty close).

Last edited by Kepler; 08-27-2022, 02:02 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I do not like superhero crap or much of the comic book variety, but I like the Sandman so far. Then again, Gaiman is a fantastic writer

Comment

FWIW, I like the She-Hulk show. Ms. Marvel is ok, but it's Spiderman redo. This had got a little "different" to it. The CGI and Special Effects seem to be cleaned up from the original trailer as well. But, I think the review bombing may kill it all. It certainly killed a lot of the Star Wars tracks.
                      It's had some moments but has pretty much been set-up thus far. We'll keep watching though because this is the first one my wife has wanted to watch; she's also a 6 foot tall female lawyer so they have that in common.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        I do not like superhero crap or much of the comic book variety, but I like the Sandman so far. Then again, Gaiman is a fantastic writer
                        Gaiman really likes to use the various mythologies, combining an twisting them to really make unique stories that just blend seamlessly, yet he never loses the essence of the gods and goddesses during that mixing. It’s a talent that every other person I’ve seen attempt it completely fails to accomplish.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          I do not like superhero crap or much of the comic book variety, but I like the Sandman so far. Then again, Gaiman is a fantastic writer
                          I haven't watched the bonus episode yet, but the main stories over the initial 10 episodes were well done. Sadly sounds like it won't get a 2nd season because even though it's been a hit for Netflix, it hasn't been a big enough hit to justify the cost.

Comment

I haven't watched the bonus episode yet, but the main stories over the initial 10 episodes were well done. Sadly sounds like it won't get a 2nd season because even though it's been a hit for Netflix, it hasn't been a big enough hit to justify the cost.
                            Well they need the money for the next round of terrible action flicks and Adam Sandler dreck. Netflix is a pyramid scheme pretending to be a studio.

Someone will pick it up...WB still owns it and despite their terrible money issues HBO could put it on and it would be a good move for them.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Good God The Bear gave me ptsd from working in restaurants! Especially my buddies small pizza shop...

Watched it all in less than 24 hours...
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Jay Leno finally killed NBC: https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/nbc...ng-1235351990/

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X