TV 19 - Simpsons Did It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That's my point. GoT series didn't show any improvement.
    GoT is in a dark age. 400 years before the show starts, the Targaryens were all what was left of a dragon riding Roman Empire in the next continent that literally blew up in 14 Pompeii's at once.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      The Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix series I thought was very well done and they have a second season coming. I really "liked" some of the characters this time. Kind of what I had been looking for for a while.
      I actually thought that was a really fun series, for the first season. An easy watch. I wasn't a huge fan of how they chose to end the season 1 story line, but that really didn't take away from my enjoyment of it, and I'll definitely watch season 2.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        GoT is in a dark age. 400 years before the show starts, the Targaryens were all what was left of a dragon riding Roman Empire in the next continent that literally blew up in 14 Pompeii's at once.
        I didn't know Valeria was in Essos. TIL.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Why did Valeria never cross the sea to take Westeros?
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• An upcoming YouTube TV update is reportedly adding a feature that will allow viewers to view four streams simultaneously.

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/youtu...screen-upgrade

A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• OMITB finale was decent

the cameo at the end!
              Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 08-24-2022, 12:11 AM.

Comment

• A Boston journalist poses an uncomfortable question in the new docuseries: "If police investigated this thoroughly, would they have prevented the Boston Marathon bombing?"

https://youtu.be/mvpHlbACliw

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                  A Boston journalist poses an uncomfortable question in the new docuseries: "If police investigated this thoroughly, would they have prevented the Boston Marathon bombing?"
                  I swear I'm not even joking to be a jerk, I completely forgot that happened.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I swear I'm not even joking to be a jerk, I completely forgot that happened.
                    Like 9/11 it's kinda something that isn't really thought about by me until it's mentioned(like this show)or the date rolls around.
                    Last edited by SonofSouthie; 08-24-2022, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• So what has WB not cancelled?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        So what has WB not cancelled?
                        Riverdale?
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          So what has WB not cancelled?
                          Knowing who's in charge now, I'm gonna say the cheap, trashy reality shows.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• The WB situation is pretty messed up. The previous regime apparently put them in a $2 billion hole (that is publicly known) and was set to add another $1 billion just in upcoming projects that were set to bring in no revenue. They botched the HBO Max launch, they botched the COVID slate of films and pretty much all of the HBO Max exclusive projects were money pits with no return on investment likely to occur. (in part because of the Max debacle) AT&T basically ran it like their crappy cell phone company and let the studio heads throw money into a fire and burn it. The amount of red ink Discovery took on in this merger is pretty astounding.

Put it this way, if they didn't cancel half this dreck the fallout would be worse than it is right now with the bad press and the falling stock. AT&T (and a few higher ups who are terrible) damned near bankrupted WB. Mock Discovery all you want, all of these moves are the right moves if they want to be in business 5 years from now. A lot of the "cancelled" projects will end up moved to HBO where they will be better received and actually watched outside the US. (and still stream on Max just not exclusively)
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              The WB situation is pretty messed up. The previous regime apparently put them in a $2 billion hole (that is publicly known) and was set to add another $1 billion just in upcoming projects that were set to bring in no revenue. They botched the HBO Max launch, they botched the COVID slate of films and pretty much all of the HBO Max exclusive projects were money pits with no return on investment likely to occur. (in part because of the Max debacle) AT&T basically ran it like their crappy cell phone company and let the studio heads throw money into a fire and burn it. The amount of red ink Discovery took on in this merger is pretty astounding.

Put it this way, if they didn't cancel half this dreck the fallout would be worse than it is right now with the bad press and the falling stock. AT&T (and a few higher ups who are terrible) damned near bankrupted WB. Mock Discovery all you want, all of these moves are the right moves if they want to be in business 5 years from now. A lot of the "cancelled" projects will end up moved to HBO where they will be better received and actually watched outside the US. (and still stream on Max just not exclusively)
                              I wonder if they’ll be able to actually implement their promised sports live streams on Max. The NHL deal, the US Soccer deal (talk about throwing money away), and AEW are all supposed to have their live broadcasts available on Max and yet nothing.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Welcome to wrexham is now on Hulu. Pretty interesting first few eps

Comment

Working...
                                X