X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Yes, while not even attempting to look for the kidnapped girl. As soon as she was released, the police chief told his spokesperson to “burn that *****” and immediately said she wasted law enforcement resources
    "To serve and protect."

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

Absolutely loved how Taylor opened the second show just torching the "hot take" from USA Today.

I enjoyed the second show. The "we're finding our way" shtick is working pretty well, and the mix of comedians has been good so far.
    My favorite bit from Taylor right now is the earpiece bit. Whether or not she actually has an earpiece in is immaterial but, every time she goes to it I laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Is this similar to that Wisconsin fiasco, where the local goobers decided it would be useful if a guy was guilty, then worked their way back to create evidence?
    Yes, while not even attempting to look for the kidnapped girl. As soon as she was released, the police chief told his spokesperson to “burn that *****” and immediately said she wasted law enforcement resources

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    American Nightmare, 3 episode doc on Netflix.

holy crap, the local PD and feds were just comically bad
    Is this similar to that Wisconsin fiasco, where the local goobers decided it would be useful if a guy was guilty, then worked their way back to create evidence?

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    American Nightmare, 3 episode doc on Netflix.

holy crap, the local PD and feds were just comically bad

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    It’s fascinating reading a few of the reviews that disliked it and basically boil down to “I’m old and don’t understand this.”

Best news is that the show streams on Paramount+ so I don’t have to stay up and can watch it the next day.
    Absolutely loved how Taylor opened the second show just torching the "hot take" from USA Today.

I enjoyed the second show. The "we're finding our way" shtick is working pretty well, and the mix of comedians has been good so far.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    While I did not dislike the finale of Fargo, it felt like the writers could have used some Zoloft.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by aparch View Post

That was much better than I expected for a first episode. Loved it. Pacing felt much faster than @Midnight used to have.
    Tomlinson was a great pick as host.
    It’s fascinating reading a few of the reviews that disliked it and basically boil down to “I’m old and don’t understand this.”

Best news is that the show streams on Paramount+ so I don’t have to stay up and can watch it the next day.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    First episode of After Midnight is out on YouTube.

I thought it was funny. Tomlinson is a good host.
    That was much better than I expected for a first episode. Loved it. Pacing felt much faster than @Midnight used to have.
    Tomlinson was a great pick as host.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    True Detective Podcast is very well done. Going to be fun to be able to absorb and dissect every episode on a weekly basis like God intended.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied
    Watched episode one of True Detective: Night Country and mostly loved it. The only gripe I have is the multiple Allusion’s to season 1. It seemed almost overbearing. But overall this season has great potential.

I’ve also gotten around to watching The Wire again. On season 2 and through 4 episodes it’s great! “Spread the word darlin’, Omar back!”

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

It started out kind of awkward but I thought it got better and better as it went along. Fun show.

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Monsieur Spade. Clive Owen plays the titular character who has settled into his later years in France 20 years after the Maltese Falcon took place. I have virtually no experience with the character in written form so my frame of reference in that regard is nil. I was not blown away by Ep 1, but I give it a solid B which is more than enough to give Ep 2 a try.

Criminal Record. Apple TV series that takes place in London. A newish female detective clashes with a grizzled veteran over a previously closed murder case. The plot is solid and the lead actors are great, but if the character development cliches remain as annoying to me as they were in Ep 1 it might be short lived.

The Tourist. Set in Australia about a man that wakes in the hospital having no memory of how he got there. The viewers see that he was in a car accident but there's plenty of mystery throughout. The unknowns about one of the protagonists became obvious to me almost immediately, but I finished S1 which was accomplished in a nicely a paced 6 episodes. Unfortunately imho they failed the landing and I won't be watching S2.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Fargo finale- not what I expected. But excellent

Leave a comment:

Working...
X