Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Michael Che too.
    This is my least favorite loss. Damn. He and Jost are pure comedy gold.

As far as the others I love Kate but yeah move on, Aidy Bryant is very good, I never was a fan of Mooney and thank God the Pete Davidson experiment is over.

I guess this means Kenan is back for his 40th season.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      SNL losing some firepower between this season and next. McKinnon, Bryant, and Mooney all leaving. Other than that talent, Davidson is also out.
      Kate will be missed because she always brought it, but it will be an improvement overall for the show that she isn’t in the focal point. May have just been coincidence, but the sketches overall seemed to improve in her absence when other cast members got their shots and didn’t rely on Kate to carry it.

Bryant has played some funny characters but she relies on the same voice a lot.

Is Pete leaving even going to be noticeable? He’s hardly been on the last couple years.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

This is my least favorite loss. Damn. He and Jost are pure comedy gold.

As far as the others I love Kate but yeah move on, Aidy Bryant is very good, I never was a fan of Mooney and thank God the Pete Davidson experiment is over.

I guess this means Kenan is back for his 40th season.
        I might be the only person who likes Pete. Plus I have the suspicion that being on SNL saved his life. I'll miss him, if nobody else does. We'll always have Stu.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I might be the only person who likes Pete. Plus I have the suspicion that being on SNL saved his life. I'll miss him, if nobody else does. We'll always have Stu.
          I like him to. I've always been a fan of his comedy, and I totally agree that SNL most likely saved his life.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• I don't hate Pete either, it is just fun to pile on. :^)
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

I think people might not have gotten his deal at first, especially with the BS Crenshaw thing, but over time it feels like the population warmed to him. If anything, he kinda became the show mascot.

But overall it is time for a lot of people to move on. That's not to say they aren't talented and haven't been good for the show, but a cast member should be around at most 5 or 6 years and then move on. It should not become a lifetime job. OK, maybe for Kenan. But if people are missing half of the season because they have other shows (Aidy Bryant, Cecily Strong, Pete Davidson), then honestly they should not be on SNL anymore. It works well when it's a cast of 10 people who work together in every sketch. This season there are 21 cast members, which has to be some sort of record; they somehow net added a member from last year's already bloated size. So you end up with a lot of people getting one line per episode and this disappearing. Do they really need Punkie Johnson or the Egyptian guy whose name I never bothered to remember?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                It works well when it's a cast of 10 people who work together in every sketch. This season there are 21 cast members, which has to be some sort of record; they somehow net added a member from last year's already bloated size.
                I agree with this completely. But that's a Lorne problem.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Might be why it leaves me cold. I hate gangster movies (don't worry, Godfather gets a pass). Sociopaths are not entertaining, as we've learned from rightwing politics since 1994.
                  I can see that. Cranston makes him less like that at times but he does bad things man...evil.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I like Pete as well. His stand up is actually pretty funny and his WU segments were always a highlight.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Watching Homer the Heretic and there's a joke about the NFL Cardinals moving to Phoenix. The Simpsons has been on so long that even a joke about St Louis losing an NFL team is outdated.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Twice
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Meltdown: Three Mile Island. This was very well done and touched on a lot of information that either I didn't quite comprehend at 10 or was never made public at the time. And it's another example of when corporate greed + lack of government oversight/regulation combine it makes for hurting a lot of innocent people.

Comment

• Surprised there has been no reaction to mid-season finale of BCS.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Surprised there has been no reaction to mid-season finale of BCS.
                              Recorded it, watching it tonight and have been avoiding all spoilers.

very anxious

Comment

• Yeah I havent watched yet either but am very much looking forward to it!
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X