Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I think the biggest issue with the protests might be who they are bringing the virus home to. Most of the people protesting look young and fairly healthy, but if they live with their parents or grandparents that could be a big problem.

As far as your post last week on when people are clear, no one truly knows at this point. Until we do people should be as cautions as possible.
    No. No. No. So frustrating people still believe this after all this time. There is less risk but it is not no risk for younger people. They might not all die but they get really, really sick. There are a lot of baby boomers/hipsters protesting in our area.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Where are the ****tard from the other thread to tell us again about how we should do what Sweden did?
      We ARE doing what Sweden did. At least now.

Except we aren't even protecting our old and at risk people.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        No. No. No. So frustrating people still believe this after all this time. There is less risk but it is not no risk for younger people. They might not all die but they get really, really sick. There are a lot of baby boomers/hipsters protesting in our area.
        The SLC dude with a cane didn't look young and healthy. Though living in a red state that may be what 35 looks like.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Gotta Re-Open The Small Businesses

Several Minneapolis restaurants are temporarily closed after employees tested positive for COVID-19.

The restaurants announced on their websites and social media accounts that they are on hiatus from takeout and delivery while employees quarantine and managers make plans to prevent future coronavirus infections. They are: Revival (Minneapolis), Pizzeria Lola, Brasa (Minneapolis), Rustica Bakery and the three Broders' restaurants (Pasta Bar, Cucina Italiana and Terzo).
          These high-profile restaurants are among the first in the Twin Cities to suspend operations due to an infection and to explain publicly the reason for closing. There is no requirement that restaurants share such information with the public, nor that they close down, said a Minnesota Department of Health spokesman.
          I can tell you Revival for sure was taking every precaution possible so if they got an outbreak it proves these stupid half measures that people want put in place to protect the businesses do nothing. Lord knows how many more places have infected people or how many they spread it to.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I can tell you Revival for sure was taking every precaution possible so if they got an outbreak it proves these stupid half measures that people want put in place to protect the businesses do nothing. Lord knows how many more places have infected people or how many they spread it to.
            Might wanna inform The Rube of this little fact.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Alaska seeing a spike in cases.

Good thing we ended the mandatory quarantine for out of state travelers!
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                The SLC dude with a cane didn't look young and healthy. Though living in a red state that may be what 35 looks like.
                In the Deep South, yes. Not in Utah.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  I know, but it’s better than if it was a group mostly in their 50’s and 60’s. I wasn’t trying to minimize the risk, just saying they have better odds than other groups.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    I know, but it’s better than if it was a group mostly in their 50’s and 60’s. I wasn’t trying to minimize the risk, just saying they have better odds than other groups.
                    Mass numbers out today- June 3

≤19 years of age--- 4,993

20-29 years of age---13,674
                    30-39 years of age---15,200
                    40-49 years of age---14,573
                    50-59 years of age---16,302

60-69 years of age---13,232
                    70-79 years of age--- 8,982
                    ≥ 80 years of age---14,325

*all numbers greater than the 'risk' group of 65 and older
                    Deaths are disproportionately to the elderly of course. But if positive- isolate for [pick a number, any numberbut at least > 3d or 14d or....], no work, and many of them are pretty sick. Not bad enough to die and most not vented but still sick enough to not be able to do most daily activities. Anecdotally my friend who has no underlying conditions is still short of breath, coughing and exhausted after minimal activity >4 weeks in.

The amount of exposure seems to be directly related to how sick you can get. Hmm. Standing with thousands of other people sounds like an excellent idea. And in Mass the places that have protests are not doing well to begin with. Brockton is wacked. Last night they had protesters screaming their feelings marching together.

Hopefully not behind a firewall-
                    https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/...e_Related_Link

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      Might wanna inform The Rube of this little fact.
                      Obsession.

Then we better shut down all the protests, also, because that's shoulder to shoulder contact. It's a two-way street.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

What do you suggest? There is no easy way to approach this. That includes an impossible lockdown until everyone is vaccinated. Is there something specific you have in mind?

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Mass numbers out today- June 3

≤19 years of age--- 4,993

20-29 years of age---13,674
                          30-39 years of age---15,200
                          40-49 years of age---14,573
                          50-59 years of age---16,302

60-69 years of age---13,232
                          70-79 years of age--- 8,982
                          ≥ 80 years of age---14,325

*all numbers greater than the 'risk' group of 65 and older
                          Deaths are disproportionately to the elderly of course. But if positive- isolate for [pick a number, any numberbut at least > 3d or 14d or....], no work, and many of them are pretty sick. Not bad enough to die and most not vented but still sick enough to not be able to do most daily activities. Anecdotally my friend who has no underlying conditions is still short of breath, coughing and exhausted after minimal activity >4 weeks in.

The amount of exposure seems to be directly related to how sick you can get. Hmm. Standing with thousands of other people sounds like an excellent idea. And in Mass the places that have protests are not doing well to begin with. Brockton is wacked. Last night they had protesters screaming their feelings marching together.

Hopefully not behind a firewall-
                          https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/...e_Related_Link
                          I have been saying this for a few days. The cause behind BLM is very important but either COVID is a concern or it isn't. If COVID is still a major concern these protests aren't smart no matter the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            What do you suggest? There is no easy way to approach this. That includes an impossible lockdown until everyone is vaccinated. Is there something specific you have in mind?
                            I suggested a full lockdown in March. That way we could be opening now. But Americans are ******* and cant handle it. Now it doesnt matter what we do we are going to lose 20-30k every month for the foreseeable future.

But please...tell me how what we are doing now is helping...outside of letting people who lost tons of stocks recoup their money because the Dow recovered.

And yeah, the protests arent going to help this at all. One of the main reasons I didnt go even though I have wanted to every day. My parents are in their 70s I am not going to risk them getting sick and dying.
                            Last edited by Handyman; 06-03-2020, 09:12 PM.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Helping what? The point is a lockdown for the foreseeable future is not realistic. All we can do now is the best we can while slowly getting back to "normal" life. Not saying a full lockdown in March was a bad idea, just that you can't keep a full lockdown forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                I suggested a full lockdown in March. That way we could be opening now. But Americans are ******* and cant handle it. Now it doesnt matter what we do we are going to lose 20-30k every month for the foreseeable future.

But please...tell me how what we are doing now is helping...outside of letting people who tons of stocks recoup their money because the Dow recovered.

And yeah, the protests arent going to help this at all. One of the main reasons I didnt go even though I have wanted to every day. My parents are in their 70s I am not going to risk them getting sick and dying.
                                We half-arsed it from Day 1. So, let's half-arse it now, and hopefully save some businesses, or shut 'er all down, and pray to whatever god (if applicable) that that works.

As for the necessities like groceries? Call 'em up, have them deliver, drop at doorstep, if you have to slide money under the door, or leave it in an envelope, so be it. No contact. Most can pay online, but just saying, there are some who can't.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X