Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At It

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Rube - you haven't taken your MI trip yet you're talking as if you've already taken all the necessary precautions? Also sorry but in a group of 30 at least someone - even a good friend - is a bigger dips**t behind the scenes than you know and will put every one of you at risk. And I guarantee you will not have the social distancing for an entire trip especially where alchohol is concerned to reduce risk as much as you claim will happen.

Also this inn/hotel has never existed during a pandemic like this - how could you possibly know they're adequately sanitizing in the face of this type of virus?

Comment

• Re: Covfefe-19 The 10th Part: Might As Well Reject No Shirt, No Shoes While You're At

Jeb, go out and play with your buddies. Make sure you sing strong songs and chants. And just hang out with like minded people. I’ll stay home.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Jeb, go out and play with your buddies. Make sure you sing strong songs and chants. And just hang out with like minded people. I’ll stay home.
        I work from home and probably have been isolated as much if not more than most. Not much time for songs and chants to busy.

With all the talk of health and safety these last few months it will be interesting to see if people start to work on their personal health. As a very unhealthy country as a whole that would be a positive step.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/05/25/well/live/to-fight-covid-19-dont-neglect-immunity-and-inflammation.amp.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
          I work from home and probably have been isolated as much if not more than most. Not much time for songs and chants to busy.

With all the talk of health and safety these last few months it will be interesting to see if people start to work on their personal health. As a very unhealthy country as a whole that would be a positive step.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...ation.amp.html
          So you are advocating not taking this as seriously as others, and we should open up, etc etc, And you won't go out? Seriously?

Live your suggestions if you think they are correct. Otherwise, how can anyone take you seriously? Go get your herd immunity for the rest of us.

Comment

You have way too much faith in Americans. Middle America is still gonna be eating deep-fried butter once this is over.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              You have way too much faith in Americans. Middle America is still gonna be eating deep-fried butter once this is over.
              If you want a look at middle America, Rube is your guy. He doesn't understand the science behind any of this, ready to go on vacation because he'll know everyone he's with (because that means it's safe?), and they should open churches (because ???), especially tall churches so then the virus can live near the ceiling and not go from person to person.

Comment

I live in Middle America, I've been wearing a mask, and I understand if my church isn't ready to open yet. I've been using my Sunday mornings to catch up on coursework.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  So you are advocating not taking this as seriously as others, and we should open up, etc etc, And you won't go out? Seriously?

Live your suggestions if you think they are correct. Otherwise, how can anyone take you seriously? Go get your herd immunity for the rest of us.
                  When you work from home that right there is quite a bit of time right there. With sporting events, restaurants. Ect closed down that doesn’t leave much else in terms of large gatherings.

So between outdoor activity with myself and wife and a little golf that’s about it.

As far as what I am advocating for... based on your tone I would say your perception is quite a bit different than anything I have said.

I believe I mentioned that the vast majority of people that come in contact with the virus will hardly see a blip on the radar. Which is true.

And then I shared a Fauci quote on his recent thoughts.

What are you advocating for? To out wait a virus?
                  Last edited by Jeb2020; 05-26-2020, 08:46 AM.

Comment

The horrifying truth about people in Middle America and the Coasts is spoiler: that they are all exactly the same. Middle Americans aren't any dumber than Coasties. They also aren't any more virtuous or authentic. If you believe that a particular characteristic -- negative or positive -- inheres in a population because of its geography, then you are mistaken.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
                      When you work from home that right there is quite a bit of time right there. With sporting events, restaurants. Ect closed down that doesn’t leave much else in terms of large gatherings.

So between outdoor activity with myself and wife and a little golf that’s about it.

As far as what I am advocating for... based on your tone I would say your perception is quite a bit different than anything I have said.

I believe I mentioned that the vast majority of people that come in contact with the virus will hardly see a blip on the radar. Which is true.

And then I shared a Fauci quote on his recent thoughts.

What are you advocating for? To out wait a virus?
                      You've downplayed the impact on people by pointing out that it's a minor effect on most people. Unless you are trying to be positive that most people won't die from this disease, all that does is advocate that we are taking this more seriously than we need to. In spite of the fact that only three wars have out killed this virus in terms of US citizens, and we will soon pass WWI. We've taken active response for much smaller death rates.

In terms of what I'm advocating- S Korea. Where they did a very harsh shut down, and pretty much eradicated the virus. We'd be done by now if we had approached this in that manner. Instead, we are going to spread this out over years, which will have a much harsher impact in the economy than if we just pulled the band-aid off in one quick job. Still- given the very small rates of people actually getting infected, a very harsh shut down now would still work.

Since this has now become a political issue instead of a science one, this will never, ever happen. And it will be less the more people like you down play the effect.

So since you are saying that the impact is less than we all think, and trust the now political doctors, go out and be free. Please. You are telling us it's not that bad- so live it up. Don't tell people that it's not that dangerous and then sit back and hide behind the procedures of the opposite side.

I no longer trust the CDC thanks to the idiot in the white house. He and his disciples have turned a serious science problem into a blatant political one. And now we are expected to risk out lives so that a handful of people can continue to make more money than they will ever be able to use. yay.

If you are going to advocate a side, then live it. I'm being super careful and staying home. And thanks to the idiot in that is "running" this country, there's no way we are going to be able to celebrate our 25th anniversary like we've done for every 5 including our honeymoon.

It's funny that this board had gotten to the tourism impact. Once again, it's good to point out that had we taken this as seriously as we should have, this would not be a problem. As people would have started going on vacation, the restrictions would have been lifted for actual science instead of politics- and there would not be needless deaths. But we got were we are now because of greed. yay america.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        How could I have missed that?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Also this inn/hotel has never existed during a pandemic like this - how could you possibly know they're adequately sanitizing in the face of this type of virus?
                          They've been posting updates about their status and the precautions they've been taking. This isn't some chain hotel or anything.

And (not directed at you) but the church thing, what's the difference between letting churches allowing limited capacity attendance and letting Target/Walmart be open? Both are indoors.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            They've been posting updates about their status and the precautions they've been taking. This isn't some chain hotel or anything.

And (not directed at you) but the church thing, what's the difference between letting churches allowing limited capacity attendance and letting Target/Walmart be open? Both are indoors.
                            Because here in Michigan, it's not up to the government. Pastors and denominations are closing the buildings. Not the Big Mean Lady in Lansing.
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post

Church is social; shopping is individual. People go to church for fellowship. You might as well say kids should be allowed to go to makeout parties as long as the house is big enough and you don't invite too many of them.

They're still gonna be moved by the Holy Spirit.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Also, a new complaint here in Michigan is that "Whitmer is stealing my summer!"

I've been responding "it sounds like you're bored. There are PLENTY of things to do around my apartment and I can keep you busy all summer long!"

They don't like me very much.

Comment

Working...
                                X