Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's absolutely losing it on Twitter. Every reporter needs to show a printed version to congressional Republicans and ask them about it:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...464808454?s=19

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
      He's absolutely losing it on Twitter. Every reporter needs to show a printed version to congressional Republicans and ask them about it:

Most won't care. A couple may be "concerned" but we all know they will do nothing.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

He's absolutely losing it on Twitter. Every reporter needs to show a printed version to congressional Republicans and ask them about it:

The Comments are a treasure trove.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Most won't care. A couple may be "concerned" but we all know they will do nothing.
          True that most won't care, but we don't care about the "most." We care about that small margin of voters in a small number of states who either flipped from BO to dump or stayed home instead of vote D. His current behavior, which corroborates recent disclosures by Bolton, his sister, et al. may matter to some voters who are in play. In fact, I know some.

Comment

Did he delete whatever it was? I clicked on it and it said it was unavailable. What did it say?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Did he delete whatever it was? I clicked on it and it said it was unavailable. What did it say?
              His rage Tweet had a big typo in it, so he either deleted it himself, or a staffer cleaned it up. Luckily someone in my timeline re-Tweeted it, so it showed (but said it failed to load).

Last edited by aparch; 07-09-2020, 10:46 AM.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                There are online schools that have been in business already for years and are a fraction of the cost of most private schools. I'd encourage anyone with the means and the need to look into them. We are lucky that our school (private) has already exceptionally handled the transition so we likely will not make the move because of their global accreditation and IB program.
                Some districts are putting them in place as alternatives to school...including the one my gf works in. She actually is only going back to the district because she will basically be one of the first teachers in it with tenure and a full on curriculum ready to go.

The probllem is, because this is so new they have no idea how to do the logistics so they want to waste a classroom on her as sort of a makeshift office hours. Sort of defeats the whole purpose...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  His rage Tweet had a big typo in it, so he either deleted it himself, or a staffer cleaned it up. Luckily someone in my timeline re-Tweeted it, so it showed (but said it failed to load).

And yet "For the 1/100th time" is still up.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

True that most won't care, but we don't care about the "most." We care about that small margin of voters in a small number of states who either flipped from BO to dump or stayed home instead of vote D. His current behavior, which corroborates recent disclosures by Bolton, his sister, et al. may matter to some voters who are in play. In fact, I know some.
                    I'm not talking voters. I'm talking about representatives and senators. They will do nothing.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Trump knows none of the MAGA_ts that follow his tweets will ask themselves, "But you had two hand-picked attorneys general and a hand-picked FBI director, so why hasn't Obama or Biden or someone else from that admin been indicted or even investigated?" Perhaps a WH press corps member will risk being told "you're a terrible reporter" and press him on that question.
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post

Trump knows none of the MAGA_ts that follow his tweets will ask themselves, "But you had two hand-picked attorneys general and a hand-picked FBI director, so why hasn't Obama or Biden or someone else from that admin been indicted or even investigated?"
                        Do you want a bunch of poorly photo-shopped Q-Anon GIFs of Obama in prison that say something like "Soon"? Because that's what you're going to get.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

I'm not talking voters. I'm talking about representatives and senators. They will do nothing.
                          I misread. Agree they will do nothing. We'll get our chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Bang on. One thing my wife has told me is that most of the subs at her school are retired teachers and they’re obviously not going back. It’s completely unworkable and no one in power wants to admit it.
                            This post spells out why America sucks anymore. We stick our heads in the sand with 90% of the tough issues. And for 40 years now republicans (and scared, gutless democrats) have been saying government is the problem. Well we're seeing that sometimes we face problems that can only be solved with hyper coordinated and deep involvement of government -- local, state and federal -- and our governments have often been paralyzed. Right now the federal government is willfully paralyzed, and that has impacted the local governments in awful ways. This is not just a trump problem, but it is demonstrably mostly a republican one.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

This post spells out why America sucks anymore. We stick our heads in the sand with 90% of the tough issues. And for 40 years now republicans (and scared, gutless democrats) have been saying government is the problem. Well we're seeing that sometimes we face problems that can only be solved with hyper coordinated and deep involvement of government -- local, state and federal -- and our governments have often been paralyzed. Right now the federal government is willfully paralyzed, and that has impacted the local governments in awful ways. This is not just a trump problem, but it is demonstrably mostly a republican one.
                              You probably already have, but if you haven't, read "The Fifth Risk" by Michael Lewis. It spells out this point perfectly.

KDR

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

You probably already have, but if you haven't, read "The Fifth Risk" by Michael Lewis. It spells out this point perfectly.
                                I have not. Thanks for the recommendation. I generally shy away from read books about current presidents.

Comment

Working...
                                X