This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://***********/thehill/status/1278731103969382400

President Trump: "You put the wrong person in office, you'll see things that you would not have believed are possible."
    Oh god that is perfect!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://***********/pesachlattin/sta...20754787270656

They are who we think they are...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        https://***********/thehill/status/1278732441017102337

"NASCAR driver Corey LaJoie to drive "Trump 2020" car at Brickyard 400"

Well at least he isnt hiding it...
        So 15 million of the 75 million fans aren't registered? 25% of all the people living here are not yet 18, so of course there are millions of NASCAR fans who are not registered. Is he suggesting we attempt to register people who are not legally entitled to vote? Heavens to Betsy, a republican advocating voter fraud???

Comment

• To escape for a moment from the daily twittergarbage we read from our current President, and in the context of the 4th of July celebration, I quote what are among the last words written by Thomas Jefferson for public consumption shortly before his death (and about the 4th of July):

May it be to the world, what I believe it will be, (to some parts sooner, to others later, but finally to all,) the signal of arousing men to burst the chains under which monkish ignorance and superstition had persuaded them to bind themselves, and to assume the blessings and security of self-government . . . . All eyes are opened or opening to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few, booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately, by the grace of God. These are grounds of hope for others; for ourselves, let the annual return of this day forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them.

Joseph Ellis, Founding Brothers, 246 (2000) (citations omitted).

There is a lot to be discussed in those words and what they mean, then in the context of the struggle between Federalists and Republicans on how to solve the problems they faced post-revolution, and now in the context of how the Jeffersonian ideal is co opted to support the selfish idiocy of the far right.

But mostly I quote it because even a small dish of eloquence from our leader is something we just don't see these days.
          Last edited by burd; 07-02-2020, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• When they see the car, hopefully it makes them race to the polls in November.”
            Careful what you wish for.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Trump had an ad hoc press conference this morning because unemployment dropped to 11.1. This is basically celebrating a 5 yard gain on 2nd and 23. You're still got 3rd and 18, and if the Senate doesn't extend unemployment with the infections possibly reversing how open things are means you might be coming in a goal line offense.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Trump had an ad hoc press conference this morning because unemployment dropped to 11.1. This is basically celebrating a 5 yard gain on 2nd and 23. You're still got 3rd and 18, and if the Senate doesn't extend unemployment with the infections possibly reversing how open things are means you might be coming in a goal line offense.
                And also as part of that five yard gain your two best OL got hurt.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Yeah...a month from now it will back where it was because of the outbreaks in Flo(R)ida, Zona, Cali and Texas.

And he of course didnt take questions because someone would have asked "What was the UR when you entered office again?"
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    He really does make his own sound bites...

Comment

• What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• As of today, Trump has spent a full year at one of his properties while
                        "Presidenting." 365 days, and 273 while golfing.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          As of today, Trump has spent a full year at one of his properties while
                          "Presidenting." 365 days, and 273 while golfing.
                          I don't have a problem with him or any president being away from the WH, so long as they are doing their job. But we know he is lazy and doesn't prepare, whether he's in the WH or not. We're probably safer with him on the golf course.

Comment

• Sounds like Trump's speech was an epic disaster...

edit: Oh boy Twitter is enjoying this clip!

https://***********/ProjectLincoln/s...70698026078208
                            Last edited by Handyman; 07-04-2020, 08:06 PM.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Now available on Amazon, a Trump face mask...

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X