This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by burd View Post

The man is loathsome, but he does have a nice golf swing. Couple that with regular cheating and he probably could break 90. Not 74, though.
    It's all about tee selection, burd. The championship tees are called the "gold" tees. But there is a set of "yellow" tees (conveniently close enough in color if you decided to lie about which tees you played) that is a very, very manageable 5800 yards in length. The longest par 3 is 140 yards, and the par 5's are barely over 400 yards. Anyone who has played regularly could easily shoot 74 off of those tees.

https://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf...dscorecard.htm
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Republicans don’t have a problem with concentration camps

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRickWi...77761255604226
      Yeah, we have our own down on the border.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The man is loathsome, but he does have a nice golf swing. Couple that with regular cheating and he probably could break 90. Not 74, though.
        And Waylin Smithers as a caddie....
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Yeah, we have our own down on the border.
          Totally different. Those are "Immigration Processing Centers."

;-)
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

It's all about tee selection, burd. The championship tees are called the "gold" tees. But there is a set of "yellow" tees (conveniently close enough in color if you decided to lie about which tees you played) that is a very, very manageable 5800 yards in length. The longest par 3 is 140 yards, and the par 5's are barely over 400 yards. Anyone who has played regularly could easily shoot 74 off of those tees.

https://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf...dscorecard.htm
            The slope is still 123. On an average course he could shoot a reasonably honest mid 80’s score. On that course even with the tees up close I doubt he breaks 90. A good golfer in their 30’s or 40’s struggles to break 80 from those tees. I don’t have an issue with someone who shoots say 105 saying they shot 95, but to say you shot 74 when you weren’t within 15 strokes is disgraceful.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

The slope is still 123. On an average course he could shoot a reasonably honest mid 80’s score. On that course even with the tees up close I doubt he breaks 90. A good golfer in their 30’s or 40’s struggles to break 80 from those tees. I don’t have an issue with someone who shoots say 105 saying they shot 95, but to say you shot 74 when you weren’t within 15 strokes is disgraceful.
              I'm not certain you understand course rating and slope.

Slope is not a measurement of difficulty of a golf course, or the difficulty of a particular set of tees. That is course rating, and with a 68.7 course rating, the yellow tees would be characterized as "easy."

Slope is an attempt to take a set of tees and try to measure how much more difficult those tees would be for a poorer golfer compared with a good golfer. So, if the slope is really low, the tees won't be that much more difficult for a weekend hacker than they might be for someone with a very low handicap. On the other hand if the slope were high, say 140, then a hacker is going to struggle from those tees relative to a good golfer.

In this case, the slope of 123 is slightly above average, but again, all that does is measure how much more difficult it might be for a weekend hacker versus a scratch golfer. It doesn't surprise me that those tees have a 123 slope, since a scratch golfer is going to shoot in the mid-60's on a course with par fives measuring 430 yards, and hitting sand wedge on every par 3.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I'm not certain you understand course rating and slope.

Slope is not a measurement of difficulty of a golf course, or the difficulty of a particular set of tees. That is course rating, and with a 68.7 course rating, the yellow tees would be characterized as "easy."

Slope is an attempt to take a set of tees and try to measure how much more difficult those tees would be for a poorer golfer compared with a good golfer. So, if the slope is really low, the tees won't be that much more difficult for a weekend hacker than they might be for someone with a very low handicap. On the other hand if the slope were high, say 140, then a hacker is going to struggle from those tees relative to a good golfer.

In this case, the slope of 123 is slightly above average, but again, all that does is measure how much more difficult it might be for a weekend hacker versus a scratch golfer. It doesn't surprise me that those tees have a 123 slope, since a scratch golfer is going to shoot in the mid-60's on a course with par fives measuring 430 yards, and hitting sand wedge on every par 3.
                You’re talking about a scratch golfer who is under 50. He’s maybe a 10 or 12 handicap who is in his mid 70’s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

You’re talking about a scratch golfer who is under 50. He’s maybe a 10 or 12 handicap who is in his mid 70’s.
                  I have no idea what score he shot. I have literally never seen the man swing a club.

What I am talking about is that this course has available an extremely easy set of tees. I don't know if he played those tees or what tees he played.

All I am telling you is that I know, and play golf with, a boatload of guys in their 60's, 70's and 80's who play golf regularly and when you put them on a very short course they can easily shoot a good score.

Comment

• They didn’t play the yellow.

mookie would bet blue. tD would go black ( ) but Lindsey wouldn’t enjoy something that big ( ).
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I have no idea what score he shot. I have literally never seen the man swing a club.

What I am talking about is that this course has available an extremely easy set of tees. I don't know if he played those tees or what tees he played.

All I am telling you is that I know, and play golf with, a boatload of guys in their 60's, 70's and 80's who play golf regularly and when you put them on a very short course they can easily shoot a good score.
                      I’m not doubting they can go out and shoot in the 80’s at some random muni course or country club. Some of the younger guys in that group can probably go even lower. You’re focusing too much on the length of the course and not enough on the rest of it. I’m sure there is a ton of sand and water and the greens are like lightening.

I wonder if they put out as easy of pins as they can when they know he is going to play. Even with that I would bet everything I own on him not coming close to 74 without an insane amount of cheating.

Comment

You know you’ve made a bad decision in life when someone says “no way Donald Trump did that, he’s lying!” and your response is “No way! And I’ll prove it!”
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• So now we're defending the alleged golf scores of a serial liar and braggart whose cheating at that sport has been well-documented over the years? Anything that helps you sleep at night, I guess... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Good point, Handy, and I hope you are right, as to payoff checks, at least. But dump will try. He'd hand checks out at a rally if he could.
                            Sounds like a good plan...especially without a mask ;-)
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Epsteins accomplice was arrested this morning by the FBI. Because of this Trumper Twitter has #ClintonBodyCount trending to try and divert attention.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1278732441017102337

"NASCAR driver Corey LaJoie to drive "Trump 2020" car at Brickyard 400"

NASCAR driver Corey LaJoie will be racing in a "Trump 2020" car in the Brickyard 400 this weekend, as well as eight more races this season, as part of a partnership between Go Fas Racing, the team he races for, and the Patriots of America PAC.

Go Fas Racing announced Wednesday that the pro-Trump PAC is serving as its “primary sponsor” for the racing event at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Sunday.

“With an estimated 75 million NASCAR fans out there, I was surprised that about 15 million of those fans are not registered voters,” LaJoie said in a statement. “I will give my best effort to get NASCAR fans registered to vote, through our team efforts on and off the track. When they see the car, hopefully it makes them race to the polls in November.”

Archie St. Hilaire, who owns the team, said he is “honored to be part of the President's re-election campaign through the Patriots of America PAC.”

“As a Trump 2020 supporter, this team will do everything possible to secure victory on and off the track electing President Donald Trump to a second term. Let us bring this country back and Keep America Great!” he added.
                                Well at least he isnt hiding it...
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X