No announcement yet.

MLB 2020: We'll Play Ball, I Guess.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh well. Don't know how many times I've said that in the half century I've followed sports.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
      Oh well. Don't know how many times I've said that in the half century I've followed sports.
      You're a Minnesotan?

;-)

:-D
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Ugh this is a pretty terrible scenario. Go... Braves? Ugh my eight year old self would kick my ***.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

You're a Minnesotan?

;-)

:-D
            No but I can empathize with them to some degree.

Comment

• Boston's strategy of hitting home runs with the bases loaded has been solid.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• I can’t believe what I saw last night. I actually did watch most of the game instead of cowering under my seat. Not sure what to expect tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  I can’t believe what I saw last night. I actually did watch most of the game instead of cowering under my seat. Not sure what to expect tonight.
                  Suspicious banging noises from the Houston dugout.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Ugh. ATL had one job! Now they are blowing it.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      Ugh. ATL had one job! Now they are blowing it.
                      Good. **** the Braves, now and forever.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Post-season baseball series are interesting creatures. While watching the latter parts of the Houston-Boston game last night, it struck me how precarious Houston's situation was -- drop that game and suddenly they can't afford another loss to a Boston offense that has been running hot, and with a Houston starting staff that is a shell of its former self. But then, at the same time, if Houston comes back to win the game, suddenly it's a best of three series with two games in Houston and Houston is a favorite to win the series. All possibly turning on a missed third strike.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• That was...unpleasant. I'm really not one to blame umps for a loss but it was interesting to see so much agreement that the home plate ump blew many calls, especially that one in the 9th. That call was horrific and definitely changed the outcome of the game. However, the Red Sox left 4,531 men on base in scoring position while batting against some shaky pitching all game so really, there is blame all around. Plus, just because the ump blew that call that would have ended the 9th doesn't mean you implode and give up seven runs. Focus and get the next guy out d@mmit. It's like in hockey when you commit a penalty in a championship game and the other team scores and people blame the refs for a bad call...well, kill the d@mn penalty. GAH!! That game was longer than Monday night somehow.

Things were off for me all night so I was flustered - just stupid stuff, like the amazing amount of stupidity by fans that cannot read a row number while getting to their seats, causing commotion literally in front of me while I'm trying to watch the game. Seriously, the row number is painted on the step and it's painted on the row. Not sure if any of you have ever been to Fenway but the seating area is very cramped and when you show up late in a sold out game and can't get to you correct seat before first pitch, it makes Scarlet super cranky when you're literally standing in my space. /end rant

Comment

• Laz Diaz has always been terrible behind the plate. Now, normally he's terrible for everyone, so you just kind of shake your head and hope you make it through.

I am a super-huge proponent of just going to the electronic strike calling. Bryant Gumbel's show on HBO did a bit on it a few years ago, and it works marvelous. It doesn't slow the game down, it actually speeds it up because there is no complaining about the calls, or stepping out of the batters box to show your displeasure to the ump.

There will be plenty of other opportunities for home plate umps to still blow calls, like on missed check swings, so guys like Diaz will still be able to screw up games.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Boston's strategy of hitting home runs with the bases loaded has been solid.
                              Somewhere Earl Weaver smiles.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                Laz Diaz has always been terrible behind the plate. Now, normally he's terrible for everyone, so you just kind of shake your head and hope you make it through.

I am a super-huge proponent of just going to the electronic strike calling. Bryant Gumbel's show on HBO did a bit on it a few years ago, and it works marvelous. It doesn't slow the game down, it actually speeds it up because there is no complaining about the calls, or stepping out of the batters box to show your displeasure to the ump.

There will be plenty of other opportunities for home plate umps to still blow calls, like on missed check swings, so guys like Diaz will still be able to screw up games.
                                umps to still blow calls, like on missed check swings
                                Hello Gabe Morales.

Comment

Working...
                                X