No announcement yet.

MLB 2020: We'll Play Ball, I Guess.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations to Milwaukee. Fine team, and I always love the small market / small payrolls winning.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Cardinals are first NL team to win 16 in a row since the 1951 NY Giants.
      Ummmmm, I thought the Rockies won, like, 22 in a row in 2007? Am I misremembering?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Ummmmm, I thought the Rockies won, like, 22 in a row in 2007? Am I misremembering?
        21 of 22 from the end of the season through the NLDS/NLCS.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

In 2007 the Rockies, from, 76-72, won 11 straight, lost once, then won 3 straight to end the RS. They then swept the Phillies (3) and the Diamondbacks (4) for a win streak of 10, before losing the World Series in 4 straight.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

In 2007 the Rockies, from, 76-72, won 11 straight, lost once, then won 3 straight to end the RS. They then swept the Phillies (3) and the Diamondbacks (4) for a win streak of 10, before losing the World Series in 4 straight.
            That was a fun run. It was my first full year down in Colorado, and I remember World Series tickets selling for crazy amounts of money. A co-worker was a season-ticket holder, and paid for something like 6-7 years of season tickets by selling his tickets for Games 3 and 4. He held onto his tickets for Game 5 because he wanted to at least see the Rockies play in the World Series once. He is still waiting.

One crazy Rockies fact: they have played 28 seasons, been to the World Series once, and made the postseason five times, but they have yet to win a division title.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• The Mariners have pulled within a game and a half of the last Wildcard spot. Thus my prediction is slowly, and sadly, coming true.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                The Mariners have pulled within a game and a half of the last Wildcard spot. Thus my prediction is slowly, and sadly, coming true.
                With 5 to go, it's gonna be interesting. Hold on to your butts, ha ha...
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• It’s possible for there to be a five way tie for the wildcard.

https://nesn.com/2021/09/reddit-user...-five-way-tie/

MLB’s tiebreakers only have scenarios for up to four teams. Unless they have unpublished tiebreakers, they will literally be making it up on the fly like the NHL did with the unused game 83 rule a couple years back.

With Seattle winning yesterday, Oakland needs to win the next two to keep it alive.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

With 5 to go, it's gonna be interesting. Hold on to your butts, ha ha...
                    I’m not holding onto anything, this is the Mariners we’re talking about.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

That was a fun run. It was my first full year down in Colorado, and I remember World Series tickets selling for crazy amounts of money. A co-worker was a season-ticket holder, and paid for something like 6-7 years of season tickets by selling his tickets for Games 3 and 4. He held onto his tickets for Game 5 because he wanted to at least see the Rockies play in the World Series once. He is still waiting.

One crazy Rockies fact: they have played 28 seasons, been to the World Series once, and made the postseason five times, but they have yet to win a division title.
                      The Florida/Miami Marlins came into the Majors the same year and have won 2 World Series titles (1997 and 2003) but also have not yet won a divisional crown.

Comment

• The 2021 Mets: No team in Major League history has spent as much time (103 days) in first place and finished with a losing record.

Cornell University

Comment

• SF city uniforms & hat >> LA city uniforms & hat
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            sf >> la
                            fyp

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• I love the coverage of the AL Wildcard race: Yankees! Red Sox! Blue Jays! Which one of these teams will win!

Oh, and the Mariners have won 9 out of their last 10 and sit half a game back of Boston but that’s not important.

(I understand the reasoning why it’s just funny to me)
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                I love the coverage of the AL Wildcard race: Yankees! Red Sox! Blue Jays! Which one of these teams will win!

Oh, and the Mariners have won 9 out of their last 10 and sit half a game back of Boston but that’s not important.

(I understand the reasoning why it’s just funny to me)
                                I prefer my interesting pennant races to contain 100-win teams.

KDR

Comment

Working...
                                X