Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Braves had just 1 title to show for their 14year run of National League Division titles, but that is still one more than LA has for their 8. But did the Brave suffer some of the wild losses LA has suffered or did Bobby Cox make as many bone headed moves as Dave Roberts?

Clayton Kershaw's detractors will talk about how awful he has been in the bright lights and his defenders will come on and say he hasn't been all that bad and point to a number of sterling outings. To me the narrative should probably be about his startling inconsistency as a post season pitcher. It seems like he has a great start, and then follows it up with an awful meltdown. He pitched great in game 1 of the 2017 series, going 7 innings in a tight, low scoring affair, but then blew a couple of 3 run leads in game 5, giving up 6 runs in 4 innings. Then, to the delight of his defenders, he throws 4 scoreless innings of relief in game 7. This year he had a good start against Milwaukee, a shaky but ultimately effective one against SD, then an awful one in a loss to Atlanta, followed by a gem in game 1 of this year's World Series. He's probably due to give up 5 runs in 4 innings tonight.

Comment

• Dodgers fans be like: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJmFU4Ku/
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Kevin Cash bites string cheese.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          Kevin Cash bites string cheese.
          don't hurt kepler and his analytics pals' feelings!!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Justin Turner was removed mid-game for a positive COVID test...
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Good thing the Dodgers closed it out tonight. There might not have been a Game 7. Could you imagine...
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                The Braves had just 1 title to show for their 14year run of National League Division titles, but that is still one more than LA has for their 8.
                This aged well.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                  Justin Turner was removed mid-game for a positive COVID test...
                  The post-game photo:

Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The post-game photo:

Yep. He was asked not to go on the field, but he and the Dodgers insisted.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

Yep. He was asked not to go on the field, but he and the Dodgers insisted.
                      I’m sure it’s fine. Things usually work out well when the deckhands run the boat.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Just hold yer breathe
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Per Ken Rosenthal, they received the first positive test in the second inning, which was taken the day before. They expedited his current day test, which was also positive, and then when they received those results they finally took him out.

1) Why was he not taken out after the first test?
                          2) The Big Ten has rapid testing, but MLB can’t get results before game time?
                          3) Was that the worst ever performance by a commissioner? Visibility shaken by the boos and couldn’t figure out the stadium audio so he ended up slurring during the trophy presentations.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• I can't believe he was on the field without a mask posing for a team picture. Without a mask. In a group of people up close. After testing positive. WITHOUT A MASK!! ::head desk::

On a separate note, since David Price opted out of playing at the start of the season, does he get a ring and/or World Series share?

Comment

• Yeah he kissed his wife and was posing next to a cancer survivor

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                I can't believe he was on the field without a mask posing for a team picture. Without a mask. In a group of people up close. After testing positive. WITHOUT A MASK!! ::head desk::

On a separate note, since David Price opted out of playing at the start of the season, does he get a ring and/or World Series share?
                                The players vote on who gets a share, what a full share is, etc. The team management will decide who gets a ring. I doubt he cares about a share of the $$$. As for a ring, maybe LA will have one made for him and maybe he wouldn't want one. He has a ring from the Red Sox and I would guess if he was going to show off a ring at an event or something it would be the 2018 one where he made a huge contribution.

Comment

Working...
                                X