• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

When I hear KC I think:

1. BBQ
    2. Jazz
    3. Nothing else
    3. Negro League Hall of Fame. Which is a good visit if you can.
    Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post

3. Negro League Hall of Fame. Which is a good visit if you can.
      Also that nice train station that's in half of all 50s movies.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

When I hear KC I think:

1. BBQ
        2. Jazz
        3. Nothing else
        Kaufmann Stadium and its fountains. Got to see Greinke pitch there either during or right after his Cy Young season with the Royals with seats in the front row of the upper deck right behind home plate. He threw 9 innings giving up only 1 run, then the Angels won it in the 10th, so we got the best of both worlds (wife is an Angels fan).

Kauffman was the best of the stadiums built from 1960-1980, and the early 2000s renovation was done well. Absolutely worth seeing a game there.
        Last edited by unofan; 08-22-2020, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
          Kauffman was the best of the stadiums built from 1960-1980
          Now that is a low bar. :-)

I agree Kaufmann was the standard for modern ballparks until the Next Wave started with Camden. I loved watching playoff games from there on TV in the 70s and 80s.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Kaufman is a great stadium.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Kaufman is a great stadium.
              Agreed. Fairly unique as well. Arrowhead is a bit of a dump, but it gets really loud. To anyone that has yet to visit either, I would recommend it.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• It’s one of the best setups for stadiums I’ve ever seen. As good as Philly. Enormous lots for tailgating. Shared.

Miller is kind of a tailgating Mecca, by the Kansonianaganders get it very right as well.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Brewers have joined the Bucks/NBA in sitting out.

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• GOod. **** the whole idea that we have any right to their time. They don't owe anyone anything.

Moar.
                    Code:

Comment

GOod. **** the whole idea that we have any right to their time. They don't owe anyone anything.

Moar.
                      Giants players are talking of doing the same, and rumors are the Mariners are looking to sit out tonight. Mariners, as was pointed out by MLB writers, have largest percentage of black players.

Side note: I couldn't be more proud to be a Brewers fan than I am right now.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        Giants players are talking of doing the same, and rumors are the Mariners are looking to sit out tonight. Mariners, as was pointed out by MLB writers, have largest percentage of black players.

Side note: I couldn't be more proud to be a Brewers fan than I am right now.
                        I'm desperately trying to smother the cynic in me attempting to convince me this was just a way to stop playing because it's already beyond insane and suicidal to be playing during an uncontrolled epidemic.

There are so many reasons to not play. Both are pretty valid.
                        Code:

Comment

• Manfred might be in some trouble...

https://***********/JeffPassan/statu...06097031241729

Here's some better audio and subtitles: https://***********/DannyVietti/stat...18649207209984

LOLMets ruling: Does the ineptitude have to affect the Mets, or is it the ineptitude of the action itself by someone in the organization that creates a LOLMets situation? This is potential case law for the meme.
                          Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 08-27-2020, 06:12 PM.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• I mean, this might be one of those rare cases where we praise the Mets organization? Is that weird?
                            Code:

Comment

I mean, this might be one of those rare cases where we praise the Mets organization? Is that weird?
                              Too late. It's turned into a regular ol' LOLMets.

GM Van Wagenen now says he misunderstood and that it was actually Wilpon's idea to walk off and then come back. Now they look bad whether this is the truth or just covering for Manfred.

https://***********/timbhealey/statu...24176452812800

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Too late. It's turned into a regular ol' LOLMets.

GM Van Wagenen now says he misunderstood and that it was actually Wilpon's idea to walk off and then come back. Now they look bad whether this is the truth or just covering for Manfred.

https://***********/timbhealey/statu...24176452812800
                                I suppose. Once the Mets touch it, it's as inevitable as crossing the event horizon.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X